Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

There seems to be as many cyberattacks on RHS as there was assination atempts on Yassir Arrafat..... crazy_o.gif

And yet none of them have had anyreal effect smile_o.gif

RHS and there well protected fortress of webspace

Well the one for staff is stuck on a old military server, overly annoying clunky redundant. Nice having crap like Keybords you can beat people to death with and still function after cleaning off the mess. Too bad its still really not getitng used like it was ment to be.. Maybe should open it to the public after its repaired..

The RHS staff forum got hit yesterday, nothing was lost as far as the IT guys can see, should be back up later this evening.  As things are implimented to protect against that incident. Please bear with us.  It actually up and running just a the gateway as were replacing firewalls, dns, webproxies, might even have the RHS/OFP MP server back on again if things work correctly.  =)

Hey, could you PM me the address of the temp forum/board ?

unless its for the project leaders only.

Just a heads up for any incoming releases:

Make sure you've got your graphic card drivers updated, or you'll find some pretty weird effects. Maybe it's just me.

What part of _RHS staff forum_ was so diffcult to understand?

Its for mod members only, sorry I can't handle the bandwith a public site would generate its being hosted off my old crappy personal server, till the Mod leads can get around to getting a pubicly aviable site for the masses. Kinda nice cause saves folks stuck sitting responding to a dozen spam messages of folks asking if something is done yet. =P

Anything ground breaking earth shattering news everyone needs to know an offcial message will be placed here. Kinda good we don't leave anythig of importance on the net anymore due to constant cyberattacks.

You see it soon, atm we just add a SVD ( was hard to get good stuff for textures ), give it some testing and then it can be released.

Will feature many AKs with and without optics, Sniper rifles in 7.62 and 12.7, LMGs, Launchers and some static machineguns oh and also few pistols like a reskinned APS based on the APS by OurWeapons mod

No sorry not in the initial release, but maybe we can add it to a update

OK, I wanted to make few suggestions:

1) everything looks damn fine!!!

2) if not in this version, will there be an winter version in some update? it would be damn fine!

3) how are these balanced: like with FDFmod or like with BIS? I hope these aren't same kind of killer dudes like in ORCS troops...

And few question about my plans on missions (I hope somebody could make a sneak quick answer):

a) what armor they use these days? T-80/B/BV or T-72B/BV?

b) what BTR's they use? BTR-70 or BTR-80?

c) I know that BMP-2 is the most used, but have they deployed any BMP-3's yet to any troops?

Thank's and do a great job to end and release 'em wink_o.gif !

Quote[/b] ]3) how are these balanced: like with FDFmod or like with BIS? I hope these aren't same kind of killer dudes like in ORCS troops...

Most of my tests involve EDGE Rextured Guerillas, OFrP troops, or HYK troops. The Russians perform well against them all.

The BMP-3 has been deployed in Chechnya, but it is not well liked because the sonbitch keeps breaking down, due to the massive amount of electronics.

BTR-70 and -80 are still widely used.

OK, I wanted to make few suggestions:

1) everything looks damn fine!!!

2) if not in this version, will there be an winter version in some update? it would be damn fine!

3) how are these balanced: like with FDFmod or like with BIS? I hope these aren't same kind of killer dudes like in ORCS troops...

And few question about my plans on missions (I hope somebody could make a sneak quick answer):

a) what armor they use these days? T-80/B/BV or T-72B/BV?

b) what BTR's they use? BTR-70 or BTR-80?

c) I know that BMP-2 is the most used, but have they deployed any BMP-3's yet to any troops?

Thank's and do a great job to end and release 'em wink_o.gif !

1) Thx

2) Weapons or Inf? Weapons might later get some variants with bandages wrapped around as winter cammo, but thats for an update, about the Inf, yes that is planned for the version 1.2

3) We tried to keep values realistic and close to real world stats, they are close to the BIS values in many cases

a) Everything that is availeable is used, but most Tanks today got some additional era plates

b) I think that 80 is the most used today, may be replaced with the 90 in near future

c) BP3 was field tested in chechnya, some sources say succesfull other sources say there were electronic probs and they mainly used them as amored taxis

Also note that the BRDM2 will most likely be completely replaced by the GAZ Vodnik vehicle. (not sure if I spelled the name correctly). It's a very nice vehicle which looks really badass.

RHS stuff looks very nice indeed. Good to hear winter troops are also planned. Due to the lack of snow in my country during winter (we only have a few days of snow a year), I have to make that up with some winter combat in OFP tounge_o.gif

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to anything you come up with in the future.

Hi! First of all: sorry for my bad english... sad_o.gif

btw Realy nice pics! i can't wait for these units biggrin_o.gif

p.s. any news about GRU spetsnaz? waiting for them already for 5 months... crazy_o.gif

As I understand it, McBean, the GRU Spetsnaz troops come with the Motostrelokii.

As I understand it, McBean, the GRU Spetsnaz troops come with the Motostrelokii.

yep, they do.

I don't think I can say much, but the Gorka has been retained (Different type of Gorka now though), but Lesnaya (Woodland) has been dropped for a different woodland pattern.

You'll see soon enough. If Shadow sees fit to release screenshots, then you'll see the newer woodland camouflage.

great news, but i can't wait! release date?

p.s.

thank you so much, guys for your work!

... but i can't wait! release date?

They will be released as soon as they are done wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]They will be released as soon as they are done

Correct release date. That's nice. Very nice smile_o.gif

what was wrong with lesnaya for that pic? it was amazing. i was looking forward to give those guys heavy sniper rifles(will there be KSVK or OSV-96?) and ambush a few convoys. btw how many shots from 12.7mm rifle(from your weapon pack) does it take to disable CBT APC? anyway, i hope the new woodland camo will be even better. nice work so far.