Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Another reason we are doing more of the work on our units takes off the heavy workload he's pushing makes our product not looks the same as othe rmods that incorperate Lasers models into their work. They tend to be more balanced, many times I've launched a company sized element with light armoed support and air support in against a couple of squads of some other mods VDV units. And they still literly wiped West forces off of Nogova, with heavy MG fire and RPG shots. crazy_o.gif

Usualy against the Marine assault pack so they were kinda tweaked already. They didn't stand a chance, The Nogova 2004 map might have aided in the AI confussion leaving them to be mowed down, but another mission on a proven map gave the same results. =(

So waiting for these guys.. Well beyond beta.

Do you guys havea website up yet?

Or have I just missed the url somewhere? smile_o.gif

We work on a new website atm, we post it here as soon as we got some news on it

Man I am sooooooo ready for these tanks...been feelin like a traitor drivin around in that new M1A1 SEB...gotta get back to a rusky tank where I belong... smile_o.gif

Man I am sooooooo ready for these tanks...been feelin like a traitor drivin around in that new M1A1 SEB...gotta get back to a rusky tank where I belong... smile_o.gif

I can't wait either, especially for the 'Bars'. wow_o.gif I haven't played with tanks in OFP for ages, only infantry, but now I will probably never walk again. biggrin_o.gif

sounds like a personal issue, maybe I'll convert some RL armored traning missiones over for a armoed battle campain so theses tanks get a true start, really pisses me off not having Armored MP/SP missions.

True, true sad_o.gif

Somehow there really is a lack of good missions out there, i wonder so mayn mappers, scripters etc and so few good mappers

Yeah, the few good armod missions are almost all BIS ones. You could of course convert those with new tanks and stuff. The missions are good.

Problem is that in those missions you're playing the US, so you also need to change the briefing and voices, if you want to make it russian. That would be very cool, though.

I think the problem with tank-missions are the engine-limitations of OFP (I'm talking about MP-Missions, cause i don't play or make SP-Missions).

You are not able to command your crew (if they are also players) in sufficient form.

Example:

without TS:<ul>[*]Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31

[*]Gunner starts turning the maingun, Driver starts turning the tank (mostly in a different direction)

[*]Commander: Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 32

[*] BOOM - 1st hit

[*]Gunner starts typing: "Damn! Where is it, can't see it!"

[*] BOOM - 2nd hit

[*]Commander starts typing: "In front of us!"

[*] BOOM - 3rd hit .. all dead

with TS:<ul>[*]Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31; TS: "M1 3 o'clock"

[*]Gunner starts turning the maingun, Driver starts turning the tank (mostly in a different direction)

[*] BOOM - 1st hit

[*]Gunner in TS: Where is it? Can't see it!"; Driver in TS: What should i do? Pull back?; Commander in TS: 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! (all at the same time)

[*]Gunner in TS: "Ahh, ok, I see it!" .. aims

[*] BOOM - 2nd hit .. Maingun down

[*] All start screeming on each other; Driver start's to pull back

So actually it's not easy to make a good working and well playable MP-Tank-Mission biggrin_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Hehe.

But remember that in RL this is actually what tank crews do. But those guys are trained a lot better than the regular OFP player.

In RL only the commander sees to bigger picture. The Driver and Gunner all depend on the commands from the commander to know what to do. But those guys are able to quickly talk to eachother.

The simplest of solutions would be to 'share' the lock box with the crew. So if commander locks the target, the gunner should see it. I hope we see something like that (or better) in OFP2. smile_o.gif

The simplest of solutions would be to 'share' the lock box with the crew. So if commander locks the target, the gunner should see it. I hope we see something like that (or better) in OFP2.

Absolutly! That's an important point on my OFP2-Wishlist

Ok,

the <span style='color:red'>Red Hammer Studios</span> are online again! tounge_o.gif

Finally we have again a internet platform to share informations, announce news, show screens and discuss addons etc. It's still not 100% ready, but our Forum and the ReadMe-Section are fully functional and the Download-Section will be updated in the near future.

Thanks a lot to the OFP-Editing Team for hosting this site!

-----------------------------------

Here is the link to our new Homepage: http://rhs.ofp-projects.net

-----------------------------------

Thanks for your patience tounge_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS blues.gif

I think the problem with tank-missions are the engine-limitations of OFP (I'm talking about MP-Missions, cause i don't play or make SP-Missions).

You are not able to command your crew (if they are also players) in sufficient form.

Example:

without TS:<ul>[*]Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31

[*]Commander: Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 32

[*] BOOM - 1st hit

[*]Gunner starts typing: "Damn! Where is it, can't see it!"

[*] BOOM - 2nd hit

[*]Commander starts typing: "In front of us!"

with TS:<ul>[*]Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31; TS: "M1 3 o'clock"

[*] BOOM - 1st hit

[*]Gunner in TS: Where is it? Can't see it!"; Driver in TS: What should i do? Pull back?; Commander in TS: 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! (all at the same time)

[*]Gunner in TS: "Ahh, ok, I see it!" .. aims

[*] BOOM - 2nd hit .. Maingun down

[*] All start screeming on each other; Driver start's to pull back

So actually it's not easy to make a good working and well playable MP-Tank-Mission  biggrin_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Here's what i've been doing...but ya need 2 computers to do it.

I make a mission(any type,doesn't matter really) then I connect my two comps together on a lan...I play the host computer as the driver(its the stronger comp and has its monitor directly in front of me ...but again it doesn't really matter) and the client is the gunner with monitor to one side.So I now have two views for the same tank,And I can command 24 AI.2x12.More if I use Ron Spiers mission as template.Its really cool to have a commander view and gunsite view up at the same time...or a 3rd person in driver on one and gunsite on the other.Well you get the idea.... biggrin_o.gif

Not to mention what it does for helo flying....3rd person in pilot mode...1st person in gunsite view.Chewing up armour in that configuration is a blast!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Ok,

the <span style='color:red'>Red Hammer Studios</span> are online again!  

Really good news!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Yeah, right! Old news, ancient screenchots, no new addons, no nothing - RHS... what RHS?

There's no such thing as the Red Hammer Studion - they no longer exist, just like BAS. Maybe now is the time to admit that this mod has absolutely no future.

Yeah, right! Old news, ancient screenchots, no new addons, no nothing - RHS... what RHS?

There's no such thing as the Red Hammer Studion - they no longer exist, just like BAS. Maybe now is the time to admit that this mod has absolutely no future.

Why do you make such strange statement? Statements like this really take the fun out of addon-making (I'm no addonmaker myself, but I can assume that it isn't nice to read something like that when you just "reopened" the website)

The website looks nice, it has some old-school flavour smile_o.gif

As for the screenshots: They look also nice, although I would have liked it more to see some pics of your nice GRU spetznatz, but you can't have everything in life biggrin_o.gif

year im glad there back and the screenshots do look very nice biggrin_o.gif

Lol, youre superb mate tounge_o.gif

So the fact that we did not show anything means were dead? i can assure you that atm lots of things are in preparation for release.

Medicus put the pics on the side, just to test the news function we know they are bit older.

We lost some manpower lately, yes but that doesnt mean were dead, althought some might like it to be that way...

Sure i could throw in a dozent of pics of units in the works but i tend to not show to many pics lately cause it really is bit much of teasing if we cant be sure if we can release it in time.

Addon making takes time and atm most of us dont have much of that, so as long as youre on the receiving end of the chain i suggest you to think before typing smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think the problem with tank-missions are the engine-limitations of OFP (I'm talking about MP-Missions, cause i don't play or make SP-Missions).

Example:

without TS:

* Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31

* Gunner starts turning the maingun, Driver starts turning the tank (mostly in a different direction)

* Commander: Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 32

* BOOM - 1st hit

* Gunner starts typing: "Damn! Where is it, can't see it!"

* BOOM - 2nd hit

* Commander starts typing: "In front of us!"

* BOOM - 3rd hit .. all dead

with TS:

* Commander detects an enemy Tank - Vehicle-Chat: Target enemy M1A1, 31; TS: "M1 3 o'clock"

* Gunner starts turning the maingun, Driver starts turning the tank (mostly in a different direction)

* BOOM - 1st hit

* Gunner in TS: Where is it? Can't see it!"; Driver in TS: What should i do? Pull back?; Commander in TS: 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! 3 o'clock! (all at the same time)

* Gunner in TS: "Ahh, ok, I see it!" .. aims

* BOOM - 2nd hit .. Maingun down

* All start screeming on each other; Driver start's to pull back

* BOOM - 3rd hit .. all dead

So actually it's not easy to make a good working and well playable MP-Tank-Mission

The problem is not only crew coordination, the main problem is that the AI fires from slightly outside the viewdistance of OFP. And with accuracy out of this world. That coupled with the AI radar makes it almost impossible to ambush the AI tanks even from a concealed hulldown position.

Though, KeyCat have made a script to get ride of this, even if it is not tuned fully yet and it is quite resource heavy at the moment. But even with its shortcommings it makes for better simulation then the silllyness of standard ofp armor combat.

Looking forward to try it with the new T-80's smile_o.gif

Hmmm... there's at least one supposedly smart-ass fella i know of who would like RHS to be that way (i won't uncover his name though, since almost everyone can correctly guess who he is... besides, i intend to keep this thread user-friendly and flame-free), and it's no wonder that Russian section of OFP community thinks that RHS is dead. I've got only one thing to say: if you gotta listen to the RHS-hater who knows absolutely NOTHING of what is going on inside RHS team (although he pretends that he does know it) rather than heeding the words of RHS team members... that's your business. We'll see what happens after the anticipated RHS release.

Please, don't be offended if i do sound too harsh, that "RHS - dead or alive?" subject is getting pretty damn old.

Quote[/b] ]Ok,

the Red Hammer Studios are online again! tounge_o.gif

Glad to hear that!

i'm gonna add it my bookmark again. tounge_o.gif