Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Keeler, think long and hard about posting in this thread again. You're walking a very fine line in here.

Yes walking a tight rope in Hellfish Valley is dangerous tounge_o.gif

Soul_Assasin can you show us a few pics of your infantry? I've been out of touch of OFP so long now i dont know which infantry you guys made? Can anyone show me pics if they have been shown before?

here

on the first post in that page there are 4 pics of the current troops, there will be also some spetznazt and GRU units. And I forgot: some regural russian infantry... wink_o.gif

This pics aren't "up-to-date" anymore. The new one looks much better tounge_o.gif

That's... Nice.. biggrin_o.gif

Will all your future infantry addons incorporate the new head-models BTW? They just add an extra finishing touch to perfect models and textures. Those BDU-pants are especially amazing, the just look jawdroppingly realistic.

New favourite expression courtesy of Tankieboy/Huey. Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Will all your future infantry addons incorporate the new head-models BTW?

That would be up to Laser, but as I understand it, yes. No, don't quote me on that, I'm not sure.

Ah, the new age of texturing: Scan the uniform, check the colours, wrinkle and dirty it appropriately, scale to model.

Authenticity: Always good.

Wow neat work on those infantry i like'em, btw just for technical info whats the difference between these Infantry and the Naval Infantry Suchey and Earl made?

And if i can be a bit critical on that soldiers pic , i'd like to say overall excellent texture job but that rolled up mat or whatever on the backpack looks too fuzzy , can it be sharpened a bit?

Wow neat work on those infantry i like'em, btw just for technical info whats the difference between these Infantry and the Naval Infantry Suchey and Earl made?

well, these are motorized infantry (like the main troops of the army) and E & S Naval infantry are ofcourse naval troops... biggrin_o.gif

New favourite expression courtesy of Tankieboy/Huey. Thanks.

As always AK. A pleasure.

And if i can be a bit critical on that soldiers pic , i'd like to say overall excellent texture job but that rolled up mat or whatever on the backpack looks too fuzzy , can it be sharpened a bit?

Yes thats true, its taken from sucheys navals ( with permission of course ), maybe we can redraw it in a sharper version, had that in mind since a while.

I don't post here often, but these guys are stunning. Great work RHS! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]btw just for technical info whats the difference between these Infantry and the Naval Infantry Suchey and Earl made?

*Deep breath.*

A few major types of infantry forces in the Russian Military. They are as follows.

- Pexhot(a/ii) / Infantry: Just as the name says. Light infantry units, usually transported by truck but always fight on foot. This category includes Mountaineering Regiments. They generally get the short end of the stick with regards to Ballistic Protective equipment, usually it's just a helmet, not much in the way of assault vests or flak jackets for them. They don't often wear them even if they have them, since they highly value their mobility.

- VDV / Desantnik(ii): These guys are Airborne, Air-Assault troops. Deployable via parachute drop or insertion via helicopter. Like most ABN forces, they eat nails. No, not literally.

- Motor-Rifle / Motostrelok(ii): These guys deploy via BMP or BTR. Their job is to support the tanks, like any other Mechanized Infantry force. They have some pretty heavy equipment, such as their characteristic assault vest, which is a combination of ballistic protection and magazine pouches.

- Naval Infantry / Morskaya Pexhot(a/ii): Marine Corps, sweet and simple.

- GRU Spetsnaz: There's only one real type of Spetsnaz, and those are GRU Spetsnaz. In 1951, they were formed on October 24th and constitute the only "official" Spetsnaz. However, the term Spetsnaz has grown to encompass damn near any Russian Special Forces unit and thus is "correct" when referring to groups such as "Vympel" or "Vityaz" for example. The GRU is the military's intelligence apparat.

Brief and to the point I think.

Wow, amazing screen! smile_o.gif I just have one question, isn't the AK-74 a bit too orange? It seems too bright to me. rock.gif

amazing. cant wait to support these troops from some distant position. using your SVD. please, say there's a sniper in your upcoming pack. but if there is, dont show any pictures. i wanna be surprised. smile_o.gif

amazing. cant wait to support these troops from some distant position. using your SVD. please, say there's a sniper in your upcoming pack. but if there is, dont show any pictures. i wanna be surprised. smile_o.gif

Yes there is a sniper within the GRU, bit different from the typical Ghilly guys, he just wears a russian leashy suit... maybe some know it from MGS:Snake Eater where the ol sniper "The End" wears one tounge_o.gif