Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Whatever they are , they look very nice  wink_o.gif

Whats the vehicle btw called? Its not a brdm and neither a GAZ?  rock.gif Looks something like the germans operated in WW2 ive seen it in WW2 mod pics ....

It's a BTR-152

Everything show on the previous page looks awesome. Very nice work on the T-62 and the rest.

I definitely think you should go on with the BTR-152 or the KLMK troops (you didn't specify which you were unsure about working on).

Great looking BTR-152! puts my textures to shame smile_o.gif

Funny i was thinking the other way around when i saw your textures smile_o.gif

Ours need bit more sharpness i think.

About the KLMK, i gotta work lot more on it, on screen it looks ok but ingame it doesnt satify me, lets see what i can change

Replacing the SUMRAK with the KLMK I'd have to disagree with, from a "Useage" standpoint.

Having a new set of units in KLMK, say "1980-Era VDV Recce" soldiers, combined with a group of "1980-Era VDV" in similar KLMK / KZS pattern camouflage, would be outstanding.

Both the Sumrak and KLMK texture-work is of outstanding quality.

I played around with some textures, what do you guys think?

Atm im really unsure if i should go on with this.

Brilliant!

You already know what I feel about the subject but for clearitys sake, please DO go on with them !!! smile_o.gif High quality 80's era Soviet soldiers are really needed.

Just to clarify, this T62 is completely new, not the one shown in the MG vid or on older screens, so yes it wont be released within next weeks but from what ive seen its absolutely worth the wait.

And now for something totally different...

http://www.sga-clan.de/privat/tot/vdv_classic.jpg

Very nice work on both the infantry and the BTR. Really looking forward to the release of both smile_o.gif

Brilliant!

You already know what I feel about the subject but for clearitys sake, please DO go on with them !!!  smile_o.gif  High quality 80's era Soviet soldiers are really needed.

what wrong with ORCS kmz pack rock.gif

wow_o.gif and here was kenji telling me he was disappointed in his textures, im looking forward to this alright.

the btr and troops are looking exceptional aswell cant wait for there release. Any news on the weapon pack for the troops last i heard it was that had slowed down the release slightly?

To clear things up, the BTR-152 is modelled and textures by our member Mel_Faro.

I just made soem KLMK textures as a test and placed them on our infantry to see how they look ingame, IF we make coldwar units then they get offcourse bit different models with older pouches and that, the SUMRAK will stay on the GRUs, no worries.

And yes the ORCS Coldwar units look great cammo wise, thats why im unsure if i should go on, so far my KLMK looks less good i must say.

I think you should go on with the old soviet stuff. You've released a T55 and T64-pack, tanks witch were mostly used in the soviet times and it would be great to have some infanrty and tankcrews to go with it!

Perhaps you shouldn't give these projects the highest priority, cause everyone is waiting for your great T80s... wink_o.gif

Looks something like the germans operated in WW2 ive seen it in WW2 mod pics ....

The vehicle you're referring to is the SdKfz 251 halftruck, widely used by German troops during WW2.

Pic.

I think the BTR-152 is a partly copy of the US M3 Halftrack, im not sure but maybe they received some as part of the WW2 "lend and lease" programm

Pic

Yes that was it.

And shadowNx please do continue with your infantry , i dont have ORCS's ones and i dont want them either they for some odd reason lag my PC crazy_o.gif . Besides i'd rather have your own pack as it will gel together nicely the whole pack tanks/inf/Spec-ops and stuff ...

*Goes off wondering when will all of the above mentioned will happen biggrin_o.gif *

I've been really looking forward to infantry pack for a long time . I'm patient though, when they are done they are done.

I do have a question though. How friendly are they going to be to low end computers? Red Hammer Studios Tank crew is my favorite soldier in all of Flashpoint, (I'm totally serious) one of the reason I like it so much is that it looks great but doesn't lag my computer down. Will the the rest of the troops in the infantry pack be just as cpu friendly?

What is the camo pattern called that the tank crew wear and will there be infantry included in the troop pack with the same pattern?

Any way keep up the work. I can't wait to try them some day.

The Tanker wears Flora cammo although its bit hard to recognize, the new soldiers got a better flora cammo, we will update the crews also with it bit later.

I cant say much about how low pc friendly they are but we do our best to optimise our stuff as far as possible.

Also i have to add that the weap pack is on halt again, Totmachers( the maker ) PC is party out of order since a while, new parts are already ordered so that shouldnt take too long, i dont like it myself but nothing we can do about it... or has anyone a good pc that he doesnt need anymore? tounge_o.gif

Kenji's T62 is looking fan-fucking-tastic. I'd still rather see his Chieftain though wink_o.gif

Kooky: I'd hit you up with some earlier screenshots of the Chief, but I'm pretty sure that Kenji would then ram a Sakabatou through my left temporal lobe - and I like it how it is now, non-perforated.

That is, unless Mav finds out where I live. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I cant say much about how low pc friendly they are but we do our best to optimise our stuff as far as possible.

From my tests, they're not as hard on the machines as the other units. I was able to simulate an engagement between two Platoons of Mahra and two platoons of US Mechies (HYK troops, COMBAT! vehicles) and there was minimal slowdown. Test was conducted in Northern Nogova.

I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the projects you guys are doing. Lemme see if this is right:

You're making:

T-62 pack

T-72/90 pack

T-80 pack (with OPLOT?)

Weapons pack

Infantry pack (with Cold War era troops?)

Am I missing anything?

The "Infantry Pack" is merely a collection of Motor-Rifle Infantrymen and GRU Spetsnaz operators. The Cold-War era troops have not been confirmed, unless I missed something.

AKM... i'm sure kenji wouldnt mind... lol tounge_o.gif

good news all round... always love RHS stuff smile_o.gif

I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the projects you guys are doing. Lemme see if this is right:

You're making:

T-62 pack

T-72/90 pack

T-80 pack (with OPLOT?)

Weapons pack

Infantry pack (with Cold War era troops?)

Am I missing anything?

yes, but I'm not gonna spoil it for ya tounge_o.gif

Now generally the Inf pack and the weap pack plus a little bonus have top priority bcuz we want to get it finished and out of the way. The inclussion of cold-war era troops has been discussed but no final decision can be reached, if they are done on time then they will be included if not then tough luck, i see an update coming later smile_o.gif.

Last months have proven again that its not good to give any dates if the thing isnt already done.

Like ECP or Blackbloods desert units, so much can and will happen that you never can be sure about a release date.

Like our weaps, pc probs... project on halt... all unit projects on halt cause they cant be released without weaps, but hey we use the time to improve them more.