Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Nice link, makes me wonder if i shouldget me one too for the airsoft collection smile_o.gif

I've always been leery of wearing a Leshiji while airsofting. Kinda slows one down when sprinting away from the massive contact to the front.

Me versus fifteen. I'm decent with my AK-47, but I'm not going to take down fifteen guys all by myself. Damn my Recce job.

The gallery gives you a better idea of what the suit looks like than the RCG inventory image.

extreemely nice new infantery! unclesam.gif

Can't wait to play with them when they get released smile_o.gif

Im really stunned how good they are wow_o.gif

Oh and nice and good information about the different russian forces btw thx biggrin_o.gif

could be useful when making up missions n backstories for briefings n stuff xmas_o.gif

Great work! Those textures are fantastic!

Anyone know where to get a set of those BDU's in RL? Never seen that particular pattern and colour for sale.

Thx

The cammo is older soviet/russian 3 colour VSR, today mostly replaced by Flora-B and other cammos.

There are endless variants of vsr colour variants it seems to me, as if they used other colours every day when producing them tounge_o.gif

I own one of these BDUs, its classic but quality wise clearly below the new Flora BDUs, i received mine from a russian contact directly from novosibirsk.

Example of some variants, before anyone asks its a ceremony for their fallen comrades

RIP

6673f2.jpg

I remember this picture , some marketing idiots transformed the photo of their fallen friends into a videogame box to use it as an advertisement for their product.

Don't remember what game , but that was really a shame.

On topic

Nice to hear more about the different infantries Russia is using AKM, it should help making missions more realistic on their background.

Urgh! Thats a really stupid thing to do, who did this and where is this posted? mad_o.gif .

Uh, the units look great and so do the rifles, amazing work lads.

I think its from some british game mag, cant remember the name... EGM?

Im unsure sad_o.gif

Topic in OT thread

www.egmmag.com now redirects to egm.1up.com, and older articles appear to no longer be available. Check the ever-useful OT thread above for email logs and timeline of legal threats, retractions, official apologies, and statements of donations to the US VFW and RU MVD veterans groups.

Bastards. Take an AKS to their families, then it won't seem such a clever idea.

VSR is a generic term, I don't know the full meaning of the acronym but it's like the term Spetsnaz, it can cover a lot of things. Technically, any Russian camouflage pattern is "VSR" since what that means is "Camouflage Pattern," or so I've been told. I'll ask my guy what it means in full.

VSR is nicknamed "Schoefield" for some reason. I don't know why. Flora, and Flora-B, are nicknamed "Serzha."

They're both equally effective, depending on environment, but Serzha is of a much higher quality, with a very nice uniform cut. Reportedly, it's very effective once it fades a little, as it retains the disruptive effect but without any particular shapes to lock onto while in motion. I wouldn't know - rarely am I on the recieving end of my own battledress.

I'll also take this opportunity to shamelessly advertise (Because it's a Canadian company) Russian Combat Gear. Browse around, check out the forums, and get the gear you see on RHS units. wink_o.gif

Thee was an author of a book where the scofield VSR was discussed. His name was something Scofield.

The V most probably stands for Vertical due to the nature of the drawn pattern.

lets just say a bit improved

Concerning this new pic... I've always wanted to ask this.

That backpack thingy looks like something VDV troops (Russian Airborne) would use. Why did you decide to give it to regular motorized infantry soldiers?

AND I know Laser likes to make his units very...errr.. sensetive and accurate with their rifles, and much more armored than the standart BIS units. Should we expect something like that in RHS infantry and GRU packs? You know, like in the VDV pack by Laser and ORCS, where soldiers can take up to 5 rounds and live to tell about it, and can spot a prone soldier late at night from 500 m. away. smile_o.gif

Some motorized infantry units receive the RD backpacks too

Well, yes, but it's not something that normally use, right?

Another thing that I'm sure most EAST players would appreciate very much is a set of "Arctic" (snow) and "Desert" (like in Afganistan) Russain infantry units. I know there were several attempts to make these units before, and yet none of them were as good as these new RHS soldiers. The funny thing is that we always think of Russia as a very cold and snowy place, but there's no East "Arctic" infantry for (other than retextured BIS units). xmas_o.gif

well... Shadox NX already said that there will be winter versions of both infantry and guns.

Also, if you have any good pics about russian current desert camouflage, then it could be done easily... wink_o.gif

Yes correct.

About the Backpacks, yeah may not be the absolute standard pack but the RDs fit the units well, i couldnt find good pics from all angles of the soviet backpacks so we didnt made them.

Possibly we make it as we planned and make the backpacks removeable.

I'm getting a classic soviet backback shipped over from Russia. Thinking of the price it's probably a copy, but I could take photos of it if you want me to... when it arrives that is.

Would be nice, i ordered one too at a german online shop, money sent, nothing received, not even a answer to my many mails... great

Any idea when youre backpack will arrive?

Well, probably somewhere between 1 and 8 weeks, so you might find someone else in that time. But if it arrives early I'll gladly take som pics of it for you.

Edit:

thumbvsrset2wr.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Traditional Russian camouflage uniform. In American literature it is often referred to as VSR uniform. This is only partially correct, because VSR stands for Russian Armed Forces and is essentially an umbrella for all types of troops. In Russia, the pattern is called "diagonal" by the uniform manufacturers.

This information was taken from redsoldier.com who deals with Russian clothing and equipment. Hold you horses though coz their stuff are commersial copies for airsofters and naive people like meself. I think this info is correct atleast, but feel free to correct me (them, perhaps).

Thanks to ImageShack® for hosting picture.

Quote[/b] ]That backpack thingy looks like something VDV troops (Russian Airborne) would use. Why did you decide to give it to regular motorized infantry soldiers?

That's an RD-54 rucksack, as far as I know and it's issue to many troops besides Desantnikii. It doesn't really matter because Motostrelokii would leave their rucks in the infantry carrier anyways.

- Alright, I see that your new Russian infantry use the same old RPG models everyone already has. Why not get in touch with SPetsnaz mod and get their new high-quality RPGs and RPOs for your weapon pack? I think it's a good idea.

- I remember you've said your new PK(M) m.guns will have optics, right?

- Are you going to add another version of the NSV m.guns (the ones in the VITAPC pack) – same model but different config? If you are, then why would we need another version of the same weapon (and the same model)?

- What happened to those AK-100s I have seen a looong time ago on your site (I think back then your "mod" had a different name), along with VSS – I don't remember exactly what kinds of Ak-100s you guys had, but I am certain that you had at least one modification – Ak-105 or Ak-103 or something else… Were they "lost and forgotten"?

- No one has ever made a new Russian sniper rifle SV-98 (like M-24)… any plans to add that gun to your weapon pack?

- Will there be a new sniper model, (not for GRU) but for regular infantry?

- The T-80 & T-84 pack – any progress?

well... Shadox NX already said that there will be winter versions of both infantry and guns.

Also, if you have any good pics about russian current desert camouflage, then it could be done easily... wink_o.gif

Sorry, I didn't know that...

I don't have any good pics, becasue now (to my knowldge) Russians don't have any "current" desert camos - they did have something like that when they were fighting in Afganistan, but not anymore. So if Afgan camo would do, I could find that for ya, I think.