Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Ladder animations that only touch the ladder. No starting in mid air.
Ability to climb obstacles like Enhanced Movement mod.
Raise/lower weapon command so can get through doors sideways or closer to walls.
AI that cannot see through dense grass.
Much better grass drawing distance.
Inventory has a "take all" option. Maybe if you click on the quantity and drag it takes all items.
Quick drop backpack command.
Better, longer lasting, grasscutting to see bodies.
ACE Advanced grenade throwing as standard (why can't I drop a grenade out the window)
Civilian traffic/AI module that is very light on CPU and has very limited AI actions; just to create crowds.

Number one, though, is: use more CPU threads if they're available, and use more of each thread. I often see CPU sitting at <70% on three threads and think, "I wouldn't be desiring faster hardware if ARMA used what I've got more effectively."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Firing "from the hip" (ie, when not using sights) shouldn't take zeroing into consideration.

Having a 'flag patch' tied to identity, similar to how clan/unit insignia works. (think new XCOM games, or Stargate Atlantis =p )

Being able to cycle between firemodes and muzzles with a separate key. (really inconvenient when you forget you have a GL on your rifle... and very much a 'game' issue - no one's ever accidentally done this irl!)

An Arma 3 iteration of A2's Sample Data Pack with all MLODs - including abandoned ones ranging from the Marshall's Mortar/Ambulance variants or dual-feed Hunter RCWS, as well as wrecked doodads like the Minivan. Premium DLC and Apex/Contact stuff would be excluded from the package for obvious reasons since DLCs still sell.

Given A3's age, the quality of older vanilla assets are beginning to show compared to newer stuff from the DLCs. Besides Aegis, a lot of other mods would also benefit from being able to directly alter the models instead of having to resort to hex editing/retexturing (i.e repurposing the Tempest Repair into an armoured troop transporter for RHSAFRF, etc.).

• Like 1

after Contact dlc the railgun is mandatory!

arma3_facebook_12_4.jpg

• Like 1

It's probably been requested already but what about a "data out" option to be able to connect an app on a smartphone to the game over your wireless network so you could have GPS or map open on your phone to give you better situational awareness.

I would like to see the AI behavior improved upon when getting out of helicopters in SAFE mode.Its a real mess as it stands.Tried alot of different configurations with modes but when safe mode is preferred its simply a bit ugly.

Thanks.

Steve.

It would be super convenient for server admins if exporting a modlist from the launcher also generated a matching server mod line. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2020 at 5:28 PM, Nick_Milly said:

It's probably been requested already but what about a "data out" option to be able to connect an app on a smartphone to the game over your wireless network so you could have GPS or map open on your phone to give you better situational awareness.

For smartphone, i duno. I can't imagine the size of the files for that. But, on another PC, your GPS/positioning idea could be extended to gunner/commander/driver extra view, cameras/flir/HUDs/sensors for better situational awareness. Needs a full Arma license?

Every voiced character/radio protocol should directly train a text-to-speech synthesis box. Then offer offline and online speech synthesis, depending on the requirements of the mission designer. Now that would be something! 😬

• Like 1

Edit: this video turned private (i'm not the author). What I remember it being was some sort of bifocal adjustment for binoculars. It was on Arma and the guy had it somewhat going on 😕.

Edited by RCA3
  • Like 1

That hand grenades do not bounce when they hit the ground.

When vehicles run into something, they bounce around as though they have no weight.

AI properly following weapon safety rules: units should never have their weapons pointed at friendlies, maybe force lower weapon if cursorobject is a friendly

• Like 2

The "incapacitated" / unconscious state should be improved in many ways by devs.

The addAction has a recent parameter for enabling/disabling the action while player is unconscious. But there is not so much behaviors like this!

- supports (BI module) can be called when unconscious. Totally weird;

- player can hear all the AI voice/radio comms from his group/side. Totally weird;

- dumb AI leader still gives orders (targets or moves) to the unconscious player (don't say it's normal, he took the lead and manages the group without your consent!)

- the AI orders are dumb, inappropriate to the situation, sometimes trying to use some vehicles (even far far away) owned by the group, without clear view for gunner or driver priority. Let's say gunner is useful for fighting on scene, driver is better for picking a vehicle,*cough* *cough* but usually there is no order after a "get in" vehicle, so a pure waste of assets. In brief, new leader should never take initiative during unconsciousness of a former lead by player!  (I'm not sure incapacitated/respawn delays often last more than 2 or 3 minutes!). So, the given orders by players should continue as given move order or target destroyed...  then, if player is not respawned after 3 or 4 minutes, it will be time for AI leader to yell dumb orders.

Devs, I'm not familiar with FSMs but if you need a decision/condition tree... this will not my first one.

1. Flight model issue. IRL helicopters rotor rpm does not decreasing when you do G-turns(pulling cyclic) but instead they increasing because autorotation happens.

2. Thermal imaging issue. IRL portable thermal imagers in most cases cant see humans located behind the glass(windows).

Hello everybody,,

As someone who loves tanks I honestly LOVE this DLC for adding tank destroyers or 2 variants but most importantly vehicle customization to mix up the terrain. Yet what I'm really appreciate of is vehicle interiors as previously we never had any but now that we do I personally feel more immersed and invested into my tank and crew.

Honestly I'm excited to see a boat or drone DLC next to see what new things you guys can add and expand on next! :D

This should be simple for some of you mod guys.

I'd love a mod that allows you to blind fold an AI prisoner and gag or tape over the mouth.  Or, as another option, a black hood for over the head. 

A recent mod changed the animation of moving a prisoner, which was great.

@mattis Blindfolds are part of Contact DLC. 😉 

I was not aware you could take those blindfolds and put them on someone else / or AI?  I'll have to check into that.

Still, it would be nice to have the option, when taking someone prisoner, to be able to do that.

Two wishes 😃

1. Enable/Unhide drawIcon3D (optional)

while showHud false is used.

Like:

showHUD [hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors, panels, kills,drawIcon3D]

2. Add a comand:

Restart Mission

(SinglePlayer only, for missionmakers) 

With the multiple Cold War DLCs it would be nice to have the different sights for normal/night/thermal vision modes be supported properly by the engine. Right now GM and various mods (RHS) do this by zoom key which doesn't fit well with the control scheme. I'd prefer to switch into T72 night vision by pressing N rather than 5x zoom in. Same goes for toggling night illumination in rifle optics.

tl;dr

-Make it possible for vision modes to have different sight images.

-Make it possible for vision modes to have independent values for available zoom levels.

-Retain default behavior if above has not been defined in config

Its a functionality that lots of content (including paid) wishes to use but one that so far everyone has had to implement with in a poor manner.

A less serious idea:

A public money pool for feature requests. If community can gather the money required to support the estimated work hours for a feature, it gets done. Basically Kickstarter for Arma engine changes.😁

I'd like a search bar in the animation viewer. Scrolling through the list is a pain sometimes when I can't remember what the animation is called or what section it's in...