6 hours ago, ACE-Iggy said:

I recorded this, I think the perfectly working countermeasures need to be nerfed, considering you can dodge AA/SAM missiles even with them. Currently, it is too difficult to shoot down a stealth jet.

Proximity fusing on the missile would have done it. Then maybe RNG based on warhead type, missile and aircraft positions, and aircraft armor to determine if fragments hit?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hailstorm said:

lex__1, the guys who made the jet in the video you linked ARE the same ones who are making this DLC, That's why the jet in the DLC is called the "Black Wasp II" and follows the same design philosophy (Stealth F/A-18E), in one of their developement videos they conceded that as much as they wanted to add a lot of features to the jet (and DLC) they had to limit themselves to only the most worthwhile changes, so while we get advanced sensors, component failures and swappable loadouts as official changes, a lot didn't make the cut :(

I hope further work will be over Jets DLS, and we will be able to see more than it now. Information has pleased me, I am glad for ingenious guys to whom there is a place in Arma development.
You have convinced me, I will buy Jets DLC)))

10 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Also new is caution and warning sounds when taking damage.

more feedback for being hit would actually be useful for all vehicles. Getting hit in a APC with something dangerous usually only gives off a muffled *pew*. Players sometime don't even realize they just got hit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tuskin38 said:

The Centurion turret can't seem to lock onto anything. The AI will track and target, but it doesn't lock on or fire.

Controlling it via UAV operator, I can't lock on either. I can target vehicles and fire, but the missiles can't lock on.

You have to turn the radar on to lock when using the Centurion manually.

Issue for the autonomous AI might be that they can't use the radar properly.

Someone on the A3 Discord mentioned that placing an empty Centurion down (holding Alt when placing it in the editor) and putting a normal AI human unit in it, allows the Centurion to engage targets. I notice they have a tendency to spam several missiles at the same target though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iratus said:

more feedback for being hit would actually be useful for all vehicles. Getting hit in a APC with something dangerous usually only gives off a muffled *pew*. Players sometime don't even realize they just got hit.

Yes defintely! Even a hitHE[] = ""; hitAPCR[] = ""; hitSABOT[] = ""; hitRICOCHET[] = ""; etc etc... Cause getting hit by a HE round in a tank will sound very very different than taking an AP or SABOT round to the side or front etc.. 

• Like 2

The Guns Pipper with Range Indicator is an awesome add!  Thanks!

As others have mentioned, being able to fold the wings on the Black Wasp and Sentinel either in the attributes menu or the virtual garage would be a much appreciated addition. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but in the loadout menu some hardpoints cant be seen due to an glitch or something, there may be others as well but I know for sure that with the Black Wasp I cant adjust the ordinance on one of the internal hardpoints because I cant access it in the menu. On the Shikra I cant select and use the KH-25 AGM. Would also be nice if the Gryphon was given more hardpoints and better view angles on its TGP as well.

Again as others have already mentioned, I really hope that there are additional weapons coming in the near future, SEAD weapons in particular would be great to see!

As for all this talk of the need for a hanger, I'll say this, while it would certainly be a neat addition it is ultimately unnecessary as there is honestly just no real need for it. It's not like you need the additional space for aircraft (don't know about the rest of you guys, but my computer is far from a potato yet I get some major performance drops with only a few dozen of these birds in mission, I'd hate to see what 80+ would do to my framerate) and there's plenty of room on the flight deck for all the aircraft any operation needs. If it's a briefing or mission start area you need, unless you've got 20+ guys in the mission and being briefed at once the rooms in the "Island" are enough to suite your needs, in fact if I were to complain about the need of any additional space on the carrier it'd be for a briefing room as it'd work for both pilot and the "Wannabe Secret Squirrel" type missions, but even then it's a want not a necessity. While I was never on a CVN, I have served on an LHD and in my experience the only time aircraft were even brought to the hanger deck was for maintenance that the ground crews either couldn't or didn't want to do on the flight deck. While things may be a bit different on full size CV's given that there is far more hanger space it still doesn't change the fact there is still more than enough room to do whatever  you need to do for a mission topside.

• Like 4

The only reason I want the hangar is that it'd mean BIS would have to come up with a vanilla solution for elevators. :) Well, that and it looks weird without it when looking from the side.

• Like 1

Are there any plans to add supersonic effects? From videos I've seen, jets can get up to that speed now (~1235 kmh or 676 mph).

I think addition of this effect would be really neat, although you'd be on the other side of the map by the time you break the barrier XD

Please, how i can place FA-181 with folded wings in Eden editor?

I have found a minor issue with the To-201 Shikra.

After the cockpit has closed you can see three mirrors infront of you (left, middle and right).

The middle mirror isn't showing a mirrored image of yourself and the plane . This image has to be horizontal mirrored.

The left and the right mirrors are working as expected.

Images of the issue

15 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

You have to turn the radar on to lock when using the Centurion manually.

Issue for the autonomous AI might be that they can't use the radar properly.

Someone on the A3 Discord mentioned that placing an empty Centurion down (holding Alt when placing it in the editor) and putting a normal AI human unit in it, allows the Centurion to engage targets. I notice they have a tendency to spam several missiles at the same target though.

Or in the emissions control settings in eden set the radar to active. Or set a wp on itself with it set to combat. Both these work aswell 

• Like 2

Ok. Bought Jets DLC as Falcon 4.0 / BMS fanboy this was mandatory :)

One thing I would like to be fixed and I think it is true for all other airborne platforms with HMD instead of static HUD. FPM (Flight Path Marker - that small aircraft symbol floating around) Should indicate real flight vector all the time even when you move your head. It somewhat destroys it's purpose to show true flight vector and even makes more bad now as it moves with head. It just needs little added math to fix it and improve HMD situation awareness a lot. Pitch ladder and compass tape can stay as it is but FPM needs to be changed. It is more disorienting pilot than help him right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveVI said:

At the moment it is not possible to place a F/A-181 or Sentinel with its wings folded in the editor.

But people are requesting the option to do so. Maybe it'll get implemented :)

5 hours ago, DaveVI said:

this animate ["wing_fold_l",1]; this animate ["wing_fold_r",1];

Put that in the init for each jet.

• Like 1

this animate ["wing_fold_l", 1, true]; 
this animate ["wing_fold_r", 1, true]; 
this animate ["wing_fold_cover_l", 1, true]; 
this animate ["wing_fold_cover_r", 1, true];

The covers are the "stealth" tabs that go over the hinges. The last parameter "true" makes it instant, so it snaps up instead of beginning to animate at mission start.

• Like 1

So, as far as getting helicopters to work, I've been messing around with helipads. Unfortunately as it is right now, AI helicopters kinda just bounce off the deck once they touch down. Probably because the AI sees it as an obstacle and it needs to try and get out of the way to unload the units. Any other suggestions or should we just wait for a fix? I've tried placing the helipad lower and slightly above the deck as well. 

Bug feedback: In addition to the launch speed and JBDs not lowering and the options staying on the menu, when you go to try and launch again, you will be propelled to launch speed as soon as you attach to another catapult. Not sure if this affects same cat but I can't test for obvious reasons

Also, it appears my earlier feedback about the horizon lines is more serious than I thought. The bug also appears to be affecting numerical pitch indicators and the entire pitch ladder at least near horizon. Perhaps the numerical pitch is just different cockpit orientations making it look funny and it is perfectly accurate on all of them (it could be, but testing this across all three planes is quickly getting very confusing), perhaps its an actual issue. I dunno what to think on that point, read more in the ticket, but I do know for sure that the horizon lines, pitch ladders, and numerical pitch are all off relative to each other. If I were the guy trying to solve this, I'd go off the assumption that the numerical pitch is accurate, or go by actual climb/dive rates and have where the FPI lands  at about 0 climb be used as pitch zero. Hope you guys appreciate it, because my head hurts :P

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124435

5 hours ago, iratus said:

At the moment it is not possible to place a F/A-181 or Sentinel with its wings folded in the editor.

I just used the wingfold script on the Sentinel and it folded part way to straight up and down...so I launch the mission now and go around and fold everyone's wings for them...LOL

9 hours ago, ampersand38 said:

The covers are the "stealth" tabs that go over the hinges. The last parameter "true" makes it instant, so it snaps up instead of beginning to animate at mission start.

Seems like during mission runtime the animate commands won't fold the wings all the way, the manual action always works.

Weird.

Cheers

i mis to see the conection between jets and infantry.
how do they interact with each other??

9 minutes ago, boeljoet said:

i mis to see the conection between jets and infantry.
how do they interact with each other??

Well jets put warheads on foreheads and infantry try like buggery to not let that happen. 

Just wanted to bring to attention that AI still feels heavily neglected regarding aircraft, specifically landing and taking off from various airfields.

They refuse to use taxiways, when landing they often roll to the taxiway over bumpy grass terrain often getting stuck in the trench like on the tanoa main airfield.

They can not take off from the new carrier, nor do they handle a proper landing on it, since the always roll off to one side.

Cheers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iratus said:

Thank for answer. :)

Vehicle respawn on editor placed F/A 181 jets on USS Freedom results in vehicles spawning turned on with gear down.  They start exploding upon contact with the deck.
Can anyone suggest a workaround?