Got same issues with DLC showcase as well. If team wants finetune to perfection then please change commader briefing to be just spoken. It not makes sense It sounds like transmited over radio if commander is in front of you.

In relation the the new showcase mission I agree with the sentiments (bug reports) above.

I think you should also try a little harder in the mission to force players to use the TGP camera to find a target, area lock the camera, laser the target, switch to bombs, lock on to the laser and finally bomb it. There is indeed a hint which is very informative but I think forcing a player to bomb a building that can't be locked onto with missiles would be a good idea. I appreciate that this would also require the player to be able to land and rearm (maybe at Altis international for proximity and ease).  

At mission start when you get into the plane there should also be a "setup" phase where the tower or wing man talk you through applying flaps and turning your radar on. A lot of people are not going to understand the need to turn it on when Jets DLC lands. 

The spoiler below contains info on the showcase mission.

Spoiler

In my opinion it might be a good idea to have the mission flow as follows: 

1 Briefing.

2 Get gear.

3 Get in jet.

4 Setup phase, flaps, Radar, mounting the Catapult (Tower or wing man talking you through it).

5 Take off.

6 Engage enemy fighters (don't auto lose wing man yet).

7 Engage the two vehicles (Use the wing man to talk the player through using the TGP camera).

8 Destroy ground targets.

9 Have 2 enemy aircraft arrive (they take out the wing man).

10 Destroy these fighters.

11 Return to the carrier and land.

• Like 3

For example I and would guess many others have no idea about radar symbology and TGP camera finding target, self lasing and bombing.

I see no Field manual entry on those neither does it showcase.

TLDR: Showcase and explain HUD display (what do numbers mean?), Radar symbology and self lasing and targeting.

18 minutes ago, en3x said:

For example I and would guess many others have no idea about radar symbology and TGP camera finding target, self lasing and bombing.

I see no Field manual entry on those neither does it showcase.

TLDR: Showcase and explain HUD display (what do numbers mean?), Radar symbology and self lasing and targeting.

Did you read the ones in "Vehicle controls" marked with Jets symbol? They're not very thorough but might give a good start.

• Like 1

Strange, I was looking but didn't find it. I tried search algorithem with keyword jet but all it found is handling. I will look into it thanks green.

Cant land in the USS, didnt read the changelog...

388943110cbfd5a4526a40fe0f134679_memes-f

Is it normal IRL to have in the landing zone foul line so many planes and crews? Its a recipe for destruction

I noticed a small problem with the ejection mechanism when you have your "Get Out" and "Eject" bound to single and double tap of a key, i.e. "Get Out" being "V" and "Eject" being "Vx2".

When are on the ground stationary, and double tap to eject, you will eject in your seat, but not be attached to the parachute when it deploys and will freefall to the ground. Using the Eject action in the action menu works as it should. I'm assuming this has something to do with the first key press initiating the "Get Out" action, and then second one initiating the "Eject" action.

6 hours ago, escforreality said:

Stuff

Hey man you might wanna use spoilers when you gonna reveal things like who dies etc for those who havent gotten it yet. Sure its just a Showcase so not a huge deal like revealing Vader is Luke's pop *doh!*

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Hey man you might wanna use spoilers when you gonna reveal things like who dies etc for those who havent gotten it yet. Sure its just a Showcase so not a huge deal like revealing Vader is Luke's pop *doh!*

Very good point, I added one. I never even considered that. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Whats the verdict on the Showcase mission? Any good or meh

I personally found it too short and wished they had a dynamic loadout in-game rearm mechanism ready for it. That way, one could increase the amount of targets/target areas and duration of the mission by allowing the player to return to base to rearm/repurpose the jet for the next task. I didn't really feel that the mission conveyed the new features implemented with Jets in a clear way. I think that if you were coming from release candidate and going straight to Jets DLC 16th of May, the learning curve in that mission is very steep!

Besides that though it was allright. The first section of the mission before takeoff felt good and it seemed like a lot of effort went into that compared to the rest of the mission. I liked the audio during flight and the fact that waypoints now show up on the aircraft HUD. That was a nice touch. 

So right now, it's a meh+ with the potential of becoming a good showcase by making a few minor adjustments (not considering a dynamic loadout selector in the mission). My few cents anyways :)

• Like 2

I want to see a similar guidance system in DLC Jets in future )) Also need CCRP. BIS, you can do it, please !

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Meh. It's effectively 5-10 minutes of content. I had more fun challenging myself to land on the carrier while the arrestor cables mechanism is temporarily broken than I had with the entire mission.

Some details:

Spoiler

It might as well be a community mission, the only hints of "professional studio premium content mission" are:

- There is voice acting

- There are custom deck crew animations.

The rest of it looks like a mission you might find on the workshop:

- The deck crews are tank crews with 10 second retextures of vests

- The carrier launch seems very meh and doesn't even feel like any "polish" effort was put into it: Get into the plane, turn on engine and drive 2 meters to the catapult, hold button for 10 seconds then setVelocity.

The mission flow is:

- You take off from the carrier

- You shoot down two planes

- You kill two tanks

- You land back on the carrier

Any "plot" might as well not exist.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, froggyluv said:

It's good...I highly recommend you have radio calls and subtitles turned on to hear all the dialogue.

Played the showcase, but didn't finish it, due to several bugs (to be expected)

- The way I am forced to eject from the aircraft if it's damaged is stupid. After a few seconds the aircraft explodes, even if I'd still be able to land it...(We need a better approach here)

- Sometimes the dialogue "I am punching out" is triggered, even if the aircraft is not damaged at all

- The hostile jets sometimes drop from the sky without me doing anything.

All in all from what I've seen so far, I am disappointed. The content of the mission can be build with Eden within a few hours, the only thing which makes this Showcase high quality are the dialogues (which I like alot).

But then again, it's called "Showcase" for a reason...

On 28/04/2017 at 0:26 PM, AV8R_Six said:

That Crewmember Jumping...looks like a double placement of unit...clear the space and put just one green guy down facing Port...

It happens in the animation viewer too so it must be the animation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Found the Fixed Wing (CAS) Showcase to be a bit more entertaining overall and more well rounded.

Spoiler

I have to admit, once i got past the Radio Briefing, i was hoping for a Battlefield 3 "Going Hunting" mission style build up in the jet.

Also i don't know if it's been mentioned but the deck crew dealing with Hornet 1 don't move out of the way when he's taking off, they just stand there and the Aircraft passes right through them.

• Like 3

Since this time DLC and platform update is (almost) all about revamping plane-related aspects of the game, i hope there this is a chance to ask some small but really useful(in my opinion) QoL improvements:

1.Make "Toggle flaps mode" bind\action to toggle between flaps modes with one button - utilizing flaps in combat and piloting are vital, and using for this two separate buttons not only uncomfortable, but with amounts of binds requiered by arma, it is really tough to find comfortable and unoccupied bind to use. Alternative solution is to make "Flaps down"/"Flaps up" action behave the same way as "Gear up"/"Gear down" do - you can assign same button to both actions and it will nicely toggle between them. BTW if you try to do assign same buttons to "Flaps down"/"Flaps up" actions, flaps just go to takeoff position and stuck there, unless you switch them back with mouse menu.

2.Since we got airbrake release separated from throttle controls is it possible to separate landing gear brakes too and combine them with airbrake release ? Taxiing on runway with introduction of manual throttle became less of a pain in the neck, but dropping throttle to zero to stop isnt that useful. When you need to slow down a little, completely dropping your throttle and then immedeately setting it back to 10-20 percent so you wont stop in the middle of the taxiway isnt the easiest thing to do. Also with separation wheel brakes from engine throttle, take-offs from short runways can become much easy: just throttle engine up while standing on brakes, then release them and take off on full power instead of wasting half of the runway just to spool your engines up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FRENZYMAX said:

Since this time DLC and platform update is (almost) all about revamping plane-related aspects of the game, i hope there this is a chance to ask some small but really useful(in my opinion) QoL improvements:

1.Make "Toggle flaps mode" bind\action to toggle between flaps modes with one button - utilizing flaps in combat and piloting are vital, and using for this two separate buttons not only uncomfortable, but with amounts of binds requiered by arma, it is really tough to find comfortable and unoccupied bind to use. Alternative solution is to make "Flaps down"/"Flaps up" action behave the same way as "Gear up"/"Gear down" do - you can assign same button to both actions and it will nicely toggle between them. BTW if you try to do assign same buttons to "Flaps down"/"Flaps up" actions, flaps just go to takeoff position and stuck there, unless you switch them back with mouse menu.

2.Since we got airbrake release separated from throttle controls is it possible to separate landing gear brakes too and combine them with airbrake release ? Taxiing on runway with introduction of manual throttle became less of a pain in the neck, but dropping throttle to zero to stop isnt that useful. When you need to slow down a little, completely dropping your throttle and then immedeately setting it back to 10-20 percent so you wont stop in the middle of the taxiway isnt the easiest thing to do. Also with separation wheel brakes from engine throttle, take-offs from short runways can become much easy: just throttle engine up while standing on brakes, then release them and take off on full power instead of wasting half of the runway just to spool your engines up.

First one about flaps. Know it's not ideal. I have a cheap 5 button mouse hp one was about 10 euro.  I use the 5th button along with the same one key  for flaps down to vary between flaps  down and up. 

Regarding breaks. Ha funny you say this. spent a good time testing today while rearming I almost hit a hit the trucks one time and almost went into a hanger wall. lucky I double binded a trust decrease and airbrake to one key as like an emergency brake as this was happening a bit too much for my liking. This again does like you said causes a total stop which is a pain really .

Guess I'm used to taxing with heli and advanced flight model you can wheel brake. Would be nice to have this type of control with jets too. 

1 hour ago, FRENZYMAX said:

#1 - This would work if there were only one Flaps Up and one Flaps Down position, but there are two flaps positions for good reason.  Partial flaps is available for takeoff and approach...where as full flaps down is great for carrier takeoff or short field operations.  Taking off with full flaps, you climb to altitude and speed then raise them incrementally to smoothly transition to full flight.  The way it is now is fine, you just have to cross-check your flaps indicator and be disciplined with your T/O and Lndg Checklist.

#2 - You can fix this by binding both functions to the same key or button on your joystick.  I did!

• Like 1

The AAA and SAM assets are desperately in need of camo textures. Or at least hand over a texture template for them.

Hiding them within trees and bushes is just too tempting.

Cheers

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

The AAA and SAM assets are desperately in need of camo textures. Or at least hand over a texture template for them.

Hiding them within trees and bushes is just too tempting.

Cheers

They're based on ship defense platforms which are white (like a ship), but I agree, since they seem more appropriate than having a Tigris/Cheetah (more "strategic"/long ranged)

A CSAT and AAF camo variants would be also great.

• Like 2

Another issue I had was the first time I tried to land in the showcase, when I put the tailhook down it gave me a sound error. Something about missing the sound when it's deployed.
To land on the USS Freedom i used maximum flaps and air break. 
Also love the new animations, some top gear missions are coming :P.