8 hours ago, zebby5000 said:

can anyone enlighten me on what happened to the camera pods? - A few weeks ago when I was last on dev, I could use them effectively inside the A10 while piloting.

What was the reason for removing it? Is it planned to be reintroduced for jets?

Thanks.

Bez, TFB still a thing?

The Pods still work for me...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AV8R_Six said:

Bez, TFB still a thing?

weird, I cant get mine to activate.

TFB isn't a thing anymore (or if it still is, not that I'm aware of) - Left it years ago just never updated signature. :P still have fond memories from there tho.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AV8R_Six said:

Bez, TFB still a thing?

Can still use the targeting pods - can't speak to their accuracy but I can use it on the wipeout

• Like 1

While not actually a part of the DLC, I'm a bit disappointed that the NATO pilot jumpsuit is still that ugly shade of grey. I would think now with a flight oriented DLC it would be a good time to change it so that NATO is olive drab, AAF gets a tan jumpsuit, and CSAT keeps their hexagonal monstrosity.

1 hour ago, petek said:

Can still use the targeting pods - can't speak to their accuracy but I can use it on the wipeout

Good note...I noticed my GBUs missed the Laser Mark when I targeted the top of a building, structure, etc., but when I aimed at the base, "direct hit"....of course, lock-on vehicles is an easy strike.

6 hours ago, AV8R_Six said:

If the carrier moves, would aircraft and equipment on the ship stay in place?

Depends on the simulation class of the object.

For example, due to my experiences with the LCS 2 addon, only a couple of classes stay on a ship when it moves.

Helicopterx

carx

tankx

shipx

submarinex

Planex and Man classes do not follow the ship when it moves.  I think that boxes, that use thingx, can also follow a ship when it moves

When I have seen static USS, have been very disappointed with it. I thought times of OFP have ended, and the tendency of development of content finds a new view on a thing in Arma. Really such ingenious works of mods as USS Nimitz don't allow to change reference points and a view of the level of content of DLC?

Ingenious service of the plane in mod FA-18X Black Wasp. It is high level, noteworthy DLC developers, I have found development at the level of 10% from 100%.

Excuse me for such criticism. I think that such mods have to serve as inspiration in work.

These works have appeared much earlier, than there were messages on the forthcoming DLC.

It is published: 12 Mar. 2016.

It is published: 14 Apr. 2015.

6 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

The BO1 guys should definitely use this mod as inspiration, I wonder if they've seen it ;) 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

The BO1 guys should definitely use this mod as inspiration, I wonder if they've seen it ;) 

Among guys of The BO1 there have to be guys who do such mod.

Here.

I threw together a quick proof of concept video showing what ArmA may sound like with a more fleshed out cockpit warning audio.

I hope you enjoy:)

Pay attention to "New threat" on RWR.

Also enemy guns lock tone and missile fired (overlapping the BIS default one).

Also new is caution and warning sounds when taking damage.

This is NOT a mod, purely a "proof of concept" video editing with new audio.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

Among guys of The BO1 there have to be guys who do such mod.

lex__1, the guys who made the jet in the video you linked ARE the same ones who are making this DLC, That's why the jet in the DLC is called the "Black Wasp II" and follows the same design philosophy (Stealth F/A-18E), in one of their developement videos they conceded that as much as they wanted to add a lot of features to the jet (and DLC) they had to limit themselves to only the most worthwhile changes, so while we get advanced sensors, component failures and swappable loadouts as official changes, a lot didn't make the cut :(

The ILS for the Carrier is incorrectly set. Aside from the ILS runway and the Carrier's Physical stip being misaligned (which was already mentioned here) the Glideslope is VERY low - almost flat. it means that there is a high risk of crashing into the back of the ship while attempting to follow it: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124536

Normal glideslope angle is 3 degrees (though in some cases can be up to 5 degrees)

1 hour ago, hailstorm said:

in one of their developement videos they conceded that as much as they wanted to add a lot of features to the jet (and DLC) they had to limit themselves to only the most worthwhile changes, so while we get advanced sensors, component failures and swappable loadouts as official changes, a lot didn't make the cut :(

You may be thinking of Saul's OPREP - JETS DLC, although just what "didn't make the cut" is unmentioned:

FLYING HIGH & LOW
When John and myself had this wild idea of taking aircraft gameplay in Arma to a new level, we realized that it wouldn't be possible without a close partnership with Bohemia Interactive. Therefore, we got in touch with Team Mike Producer Lukáš Miláček, and sat down to brainstorm about various gameplay approache s. The intention was to deliver more engaging, balanced, and authentic gameplay for Arma pilots, and ultimately, a more fun experience.

One part of this meant having new high-fidelity art models, but also new gameplay features. While there was a significant wishlist, we ultimately prioritized the Sensor Overhaul, Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts, upgraded Damage Model, and HUD improvements. Some of these new features we plan to explain in more detail in another OPREP, but we can definitely say they help a lot to make the new airframes stand out.

Overall, during the last year and a half of development, we have built a close and strong partnership between Bohemia Interactive and our studio. We managed to successfully overcome various challenges, ranging from communicating via the Internet while everyone is in a different time zone, to making large scale design decisions. It’s been a experience with many late night/early morning meetings on Skype, many finished notepads, and sticky notes everywhere. Thousands of hours went into the creation of the Jets DLC.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

snip

Awesome.

I wish we had at least the RWR and lock-on warning sounds. Hopefully someone will mod these in if we don't get them with the official DLC :D

You missed "EJECT, EJECT!" at the end.

4 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Here.

I threw together a quick proof of concept video showing what ArmA may sound like with a more fleshed out cockpit warning audio.

I hope you enjoy:)

Pay attention to "New threat" on RWR.

Also enemy guns lock tone and missile fired (overlapping the BIS default one).

Also new is caution and warning sounds when taking damage.

This is NOT a mod, purely a "proof of concept" video editing with new audio.

Strike, did you overlay that from another video sound capture?

2 hours ago, ACE-Iggy said:

Iggy, you should try turning into the missile to increase the Arc it has to turn mate...if you keep turning the way you are, you're straightening the line of flight for the missile to better acquire you...and the Stealth characteristics seem to be doing great, just like they should!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AV8R_Six said:

and the Stealth characteristics seem to be doing great, just like they should!

To the best of my knowledge this is through the TargetSize (IR, radar, visual) values meaning that 'stealth' jets have to be closer than 'usual' (w/ TargetSize values of 1.0) for the missile sensors to detect/track them, right?

@Chortles, sorry, I was referring to real tactics and capabilities, not ArmA3 game capabilities.  My bad. Real world radar cross-sections have many variables affected by offset angle, rate of turn, paint/skin reflective properties, and background clutter/silhouette exposure.  I true science that even I don't completely grasp.  The best defense in Missile Avoidance is turn arc to get the missile to use energy and not make the turn, countermeasures, and terrain masking.  A good pop-up attack would involve low-level penetration with brief target acquisition and engagement, and then back down to the deck for low-level egress through a pre-planned egress route away from threats and with terrain that offers protection.  Regardless of ArmA 3 game engine capabilities and editor settings, I always to do the real-world tactics to make it look legit and hopefully survive. :^)

Here's a buddy Jake who hardly flies at all in ARMA and he's training to land on the carrier. Thanks BI for this great addition!

Reminder, when quoting posts, remember to remove the media to keep the moderators happy...forum rules.  But do leave the text to reference.

1 minute ago, AV8R_Six said:

Reminder, when quoting posts, remember to remove the media to keep the moderators happy...forum rules.  But do leave the text to reference.

I really forgot. Thanks

• Like 1

I made the same realization a few times recently...they let me know nicely...cheers! :don13:

• Like 1

Whats with the casual nature of this DLC, I was expecting a more realistic implementation of missiles, countermeasures, stealth.

instead its just a WVR missile and gun fest (feels like battlefield).

Jets in this game feel more like AceCombat or Battlefield than Falcon: BMS

25 minutes ago, Michael Vick said:

Whats with the casual nature of this DLC, I was expecting a more realistic implementation of missiles, countermeasures, stealth.

instead its just a WVR missile and gun fest (feels like battlefield).

Jets in this game feel more like AceCombat or Battlefield than Falcon: BMS

For system related feedback you'll want this thread.

• Like 2

The Centurion turret can't seem to lock onto anything. The AI will track and target, but it doesn't lock on or fire.

Controlling it via UAV operator, I can't lock on either. I can target vehicles and fire, but the missiles can't lock on.