I don't think this is how the catapult should work.

2 hours ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Hello @venthorror,

could you please check DLC tab in Arma 3 properties in Steam Library? Does it contains row for Arma 3 Jets, check and with state Installed?

Greetings @BIS_Wizard

Both "Arma 3 DLC Bundle 2" and "Arma 3 Jets" tabs are present. But not installed. Is there any way to force them to install?

I'm currently opting out of DEV branch, but will opt back in soon.

What should be my procedure to install DLC correctly?

• Like 1

They should install when you opt back in to the dev branch through Steam.

Installing dev Branch to a parallel location via Game Updater does not appear to allow the Steam API to register the Jets DLC as being installed, since Jets isn't active/compatible with a main branch installation that is handled by Steam.

At least that was my observation after redeeming the product, and seeing nothing change in my steam library or on my parallel dev Branch installation until I switched my main Arma 3 version through the Steam 'Betas' tab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boerstil said:

this animate ["wing_fold_l", 1];
this animate ["wing_fold_r", 1];

Thank you.

Coming from a unit that is primarily a Strike Fighter Squadron I was very disappointed by this DLC.

While the Radar features and improvements are a major game changer, the DLC being provided itself is sub par at best and a major disappointment for an entire unit that's using John & Saul's actual F/A-18E/F Hornet's.

• The Wasp itself is a very weak in the "fighter" role. Featuring no Afterburner capability and being very slow in the thrust/weight ratio category.
  • The Wasp loses massive amounts of energy in the turns, anytime a hard left or right bank was called for i'd drop a third of my power in a couple of seconds.
  • Trading energy in the Wasp is compounded when going into the "vertical". This means if you attempt to take an enemy into the clouds you will trade off your forward momentum and not only can't "maintain" speed but you lose it in dividends - if one were to sustain the climb they'd stall out and fall.
  • The USS Freedom features no amenities for storage or organization. Lack of working elevator's, IFLOLS, hangar bay, etc is a massive disappointment for a unit that utilizes the USS Nimitz daily.

As a result we had to take a Command vote on whether or not this pack was worth buying. Not only was it a no from the general category but taking the assets into testing with the development branch proved out that the airframe and carrier themselves were a liability to our operational capability.

It's unfortunate, as we would love to make use of the new radar capability - but the air frame for BLUFOR is painfully lacking, and the carrier it's to ride on is even more bare bones.

• Like 3

So, by using the BIS support options to create an air taxi system, the AI doesn't quite seem to know how to actually land on the carrier. They sit there, get confused because they are over water, and just hover there for the remainder of the amount of fuel they have. Has anyone got that to work yet, or is it just something that isn't implemented?

25 minutes ago, Russianbiskets said:

So, by using the BIS support options to create an air taxi system, the AI doesn't quite seem to know how to actually land on the carrier. They sit there, get confused because they are over water, and just hover there for the remainder of the amount of fuel they have. Has anyone got that to work yet, or is it just something that isn't implemented?

Try placing down some invisible helipads, maybe they'll be able to land on them.

25 minutes ago, VerdicAysen said:

It's unfortunate, as we would love to make use of the new radar capability

Read what's in the DLC once again. Please try and pay attention to these factors:

• What is paid content?
  • What sort of premium content is introduced with the DLC?
  • What is the free platform update?
  • What sort of features do we get for free?
  • What sort of mechanics are included with the DLC as free platform update?
  • Is there any free content introduced with the DLC as well?
  • Will modders be able to use features introduced by the DLC?

Helpful links:

https://arma3.com/dlc/jets

https://dev.arma3.com/

can anyone enlighten me on what happened to the camera pods? - A few weeks ago when I was last on dev, I could use them effectively inside the A10 while piloting.

What was the reason for removing it? Is it planned to be reintroduced for jets?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, arkhir said:

Try placing down some invisible helipads, maybe they'll be able to land on them.

Read what's in the DLC once again. Please try and pay attention to these factors:

• What is paid content?
  • What sort of premium content is introduced with the DLC?
  • What is the free platform update?
  • What sort of features do we get for free?
  • What sort of mechanics are included with the DLC as free platform update?
  • Is there any free content introduced with the DLC as well?
  • Will modders be able to use features introduced by the DLC?

Helpful links:

https://arma3.com/dlc/jets

https://dev.arma3.com/

Please do not patronize me. That is not an acceptable method of communication. You are free to disagree - but plain and simple for people who care about this DLC this is not an acceptable level of production.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VerdicAysen said:

for people who care about this DLC this is not an acceptable level of production

What do you mean it's not an acceptable level of production?

Everything you liked about this DLC will be free and you'll benefit from it in basically every way possible, even if you don't buy it. You're still getting hitpoints, new scripting commands, flight model improvements, HUD improvements, targetting overhaul, sound framework improvements — list goes on and on.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, arkhir said:

Everything you liked about this DLC will be free and you'll benefit from it in basically every way possible , even if you don't buy it. You're still getting hitpoints, new scripting commands, flight model improvements, HUD improvements, targetting overhaul, sound framework improvements, list goes on and on.

Considering the main scope of arma is infantry with a knack of combined arms the free features of the jets DLC are more than what's needed for the scope of this game.

For everything else there's still DCS world.

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arkhir said:

Everything you liked about this DLC will be free and you'll benefit from it in basically every way possible , even if you don't buy it. You're still getting hitpoints, new scripting commands, flight model improvements, HUD improvements, targeting overhaul, sound framework improvements — list goes on and on.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Considering the main scope of arma is infantry with a knack of combined arms the free features of the jets DLC are more than what's needed for the scope of this game.

For everything else there's still DCS world.

Alright, I don't see this line of conversation going anywhere other than seriously off-topic or nasty, so let's stop arguing about it and do a bit of self-moderating, hmm? The premium content we have now (save for small items) is what we will have upon release, let's not argue about "levels of production" or Arma vs other games, instead let's focus on giving them useful feedback.

Like the fact that the virtual runway is a off couple degrees counter-clockwise and (I haven't seen this today) but seems to sometimes be on the sea surface rather than at deck elvel (taken from almost directly on-course, maybe 1-2 degrees to the right)

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124498

CDD637967D47BA69612C030C74AF88AADB97597E

Better picture, also shows it being slightly far forwards and to the right

Spoiler

4771DAA2E077B1B2AE989402C795655EE0DF4189

So far bugs I've found include that, HUD horizon lines are off (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124435), and F/A-181 fuel gauge reads wrong direction (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124448). Also, some of the caution circles for the air defense systems are repeated over multiple layers, particularly the CIWS areas

Non-bug feedback from me includes: Adjust catapult so that it builds up speed gradually (you probably did that and there's a code bug), add an extra attributes menu option to fold the wings of the Black Wasp and Sentinel in the editor, preferably in such a way that it will be in the up position rather than playing an animation and blowing up due to accounting for less needed spacing, and we can see it change form up to down "live" (though i'll settle for just having it there and using the wing fold lines to judge distance), the pylon menu needs to be either work better with UI scaling or have the "scrolling" return so we can actually get at the bottom armament options (repeated by others in vehicle loadouts feedback), and improving the highest quality level of some of the airrcaft textures, they aren't consistent at my quality settings (details in a bit)

EDIT: Also if one doesn't look down, the action for attaching to the cat is a bit hit or miss especially for UCAVs. Greater nosewheel steering would be appreciated, too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VerdicAysen said:

Coming from a unit that is primarily a Strike Fighter Squadron I was very disappointed by this DLC.

While the Radar features and improvements are a major game changer, the DLC being provided itself is sub par at best and a major disappointment for an entire unit that's using John & Saul's actual F/A-18E/F Hornet's.

• The Wasp itself is a very weak in the "fighter" role. Featuring no Afterburner capability and being very slow in the thrust/weight ratio category.
  • The Wasp loses massive amounts of energy in the turns, anytime a hard left or right bank was called for i'd drop a third of my power in a couple of seconds.
  • Trading energy in the Wasp is compounded when going into the "vertical". This means if you attempt to take an enemy into the clouds you will trade off your forward momentum and not only can't "maintain" speed but you lose it in dividends - if one were to sustain the climb they'd stall out and fall.
  • The USS Freedom features no amenities for storage or organization. Lack of working elevator's, IFLOLS, hangar bay, etc is a massive disappointment for a unit that utilizes the USS Nimitz daily.

As a result we had to take a Command vote on whether or not this pack was worth buying. Not only was it a no from the general category but taking the assets into testing with the development branch proved out that the airframe and carrier themselves were a liability to our operational capability.

It's unfortunate, as we would love to make use of the new radar capability - but the air frame for BLUFOR is painfully lacking, and the carrier it's to ride on is even more bare bones.

Please keep in mind that dev branch is the testing grounds for DLC and that performance is subject to change.  The carrier is free content so you need not worry about it being part of the paid DLC.

• Like 1

Texture feedback

Some aircraft textures do not match up (known problem for a while but frustrating since it is impossible to play on ultra with a high view distance necessary for aircraft)

Example with Sentinel on high settings, 12k view, 6.5k obj, 50m shadow

Spoiler

Higher-quality grey

9FD7978753E9104516909A53D70FB15EFAFDC3F0

Lower-quality camo

17C4FCAE9C5C4E3DBA650957AB1F99DD9C0C7991

Higher quality textures: F/A-181 Grey, Sentinel Grey, To 201 Arid, A-149 Green, A-149 Grey

Lower quality textures: F/A-181 Camo, Sentinel Camo, To 201 Grey, To 201 Blue, A-149 Grey Camo

Occurs at every texture level except Ultra

That said it is incredible to admire the quality of the textures on ultra. Sad I can't play at ultra with any reasonable distance setting on my hardware :(

Hi All!  I don't use the dev version, but I know the Jets-DLC, improves the damage model of the basic planes also. 
Someone can tell me, VTOLs, from the Apex (Blackfish and Y 32 XI'an) also received a new damage system also or not?

2 hours ago, nodunit said:

Please keep in mind that dev branch is the testing grounds for DLC and that performance is subject to change.  The carrier is free content so you need not worry about it being part of the paid DLC.

Could you provide us with any information as to what of is likely to be fixed/changed before release? 

Also I don't know enough about developing and such so will it be possible for 3rd party developers to add features such as elevator/bridge functions to the USS Freedom and are there any plans to incorporate said features in future updates? Unfortunately it seems as though the Nimitz mod will be a more viable option at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Flax said:

Turns out the AI autopilot landings are great - even when the ship is moving...

Video Version - https://gyazo.com/76f1c529773a26e359900210c4c1d3f8

76f1c529773a26e359900210c4c1d3f8.gif

Did you use setvelocity or did you attachto the carrier to an existing boat???

Shame the planex physx are not prepared to follow the movement of a ship as boatx, carx, tankx and helicopterx do....

anyway that gif looks terrific.

tell us the secret of how did you do that!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flax said:

Turns out the AI autopilot landings are great - even when the ship is moving...

Haha, but you cant move the carrier... wait what?:eyeheart:

I honestly don't know why they don't expand on the features of the USS Freedom. It cant be that hard to add a second deck and hangar system. And as far as movement goes I don't see why not. A simple GPS system could be used to set waypoints for the carrier to travel. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mankyle said:

Did you use setvelocity or did you attachto the carrier to an existing boat???

Shame the planex physx are not prepared to follow the movement of a ship as boatx, carx, tankx and helicopterx do....

anyway that gif looks terrific.

tell us the secret of how did you do that!!!

I believe this will do it- 

onEachFrame {_veh setPosWorld [(getPosWorld _veh select 0),(getPosWorld _veh select 1)-0.1,(getPosWorld _veh select 2)]; _veh call BIS_fnc_Carrier01PosUpdate;}

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

I believe this will do it- 

onEachFrame {_veh setPosWorld [(getPosWorld _veh select 0),(getPosWorld _veh select 1)-0.1,(getPosWorld _veh select 2)]; _veh call BIS_fnc_Carrier01PosUpdate;}

Haha, the exact code I used :P, you'll have to adapt the setPosWorld array to match the direction that you want.

The Catapult takeoff speed seems a bit fast!

Anyone else having the Blast Fences staying up after launch?

1 hour ago, SteemSucker said:

I honestly don't know why they don't expand on the features of the USS Freedom. It cant be that hard to add a second deck and hangar system. And as far as movement goes I don't see why not. A simple GPS system could be used to set waypoints for the carrier to travel. 

If the carrier moves, would aircraft and equipment on the ship stay in place?

28 minutes ago, Flax said:

Haha, the exact code I used :P, you'll have to adapt the setPosWorld array to match the direction that you want.

That's because I copied it from the description below the screenshot you posted :D

• Like 1