The rc and stable are always a few steps behind dev branch. I wonder what other recent fixes are (and will be) missing in the final stable.

I don't know when they fixed it in the dev, 'cause I don't see it mentioned in the changelogs and I only noticed it after today's update.

Damn...

Well it's not like we are not used to wait for fixes (uuugh!).

Is anyone else missing engine sounds from inside vehicles? helos and tanks are completely silent inside for me.

Lol... Positional audio for footsteps are still not fixed in rc 1.26...

Don't want to sound like I'm ranting but damn, how hard can it be to fix that?

(And how did this issue appear anyway? It was working fine before the 1.24 update; I'm wondering how they work in the QA department! >_<')

The point of the stable patch is to have it as stable as possible. That means taking the dev branch, separating it into a stable branch and testing and tweaking it until it works correctly. This process usually takes about one week so most of the latest fixes cannot be included (like the audio fix you are talking about). There might be exceptions like fixes for crashes and other game breaking issues.

If you absolutely need all the fixes than I suggest you use the dev branch. And of course, all the fixes that didn't make into the current stable patch will be included in the next one.

Thanks for the input dazhbog; I had no idea this fix was that recent.

(By the way, door sounds are one cool of a change! :D)

The point of the stable patch is to have it as stable as possible. That means taking the dev branch, separating it into a stable branch and testing and tweaking it until it works correctly. This process usually takes about one week so most of the latest fixes cannot be included (like the audio fix you are talking about). There might be exceptions like fixes for crashes and other game breaking issues.

If you absolutely need all the fixes than I suggest you use the dev branch. And of course, all the fixes that didn't make into the current stable patch will be included in the next one.

In the spirit of this thread. Can you perhaps shed some light on what audio tweaks & fixes are coming?

Will occlusion be improved? Like sounds indoors, in forests, near mountains?

Thank you

Is anyone else missing engine sounds from inside vehicles? helos and tanks are completely silent inside for me.

Seriously hope this gets fixed soon. Since the new helicopter flight model was integrated, I actually have a reason to want to play this game, but, without sound, it's entirely unplayable.

There are so many sound effects that are missing from the game. Examples -

Infantry

• Rifle lowering, lifting and going into boresight view.
  • Switching to pistol
  • Turning on and off rifle flashlight/IR pointer

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching on and off view modes in weapon sights
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights

Fellow players, please add more that you feel missing.

Sound features matter, and add a lot to immersion. It seems to me that the effort to add these features is rather low, while the benefit is great.

Are there any plans to introduce more sound effects to Arma?

There are so many sound effects that are missing from the game. Examples -

Infantry

• Switching to pistol

Armour and Vehicles

• Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)
  • Sounds for switching between optics modes and zoom levels in gunner and commander sights

Fellow players, please add more that you feel missing.

Sound features matter, and add a lot to immersion. It seems to me that the effort to add these features is rather low, while the benefit is great.

Are there any plans to introduce more sound effects to Arma?

Wow I never would have thought of some of those.

Sounds for tank turret hydraulics (which were there since and OFP and disappeared in Arma 3)

there is a line in the configs for this sound... however its volume is at dB-40 that means its impossible to hear

Wow I never would have thought of some of those.

The mindset is that every movement or action should produce a sound. When you look at other games you see that Arma is very lacking in the sound richness respect. For example - take a look on Ground Branch's (not even released yet) weapon and equipment handling.

Edited by Variable

Devs, any news about Sound Occlusion and if arma 3 will get it like opf, arma, arma2 did? (When an object is in between the player and shooter and the sound is muted)

what i am missing: is the brake sound for cars. it was in the game before.

Now that the newish BIS sound team has "opened the door" on adding sounds, how about moving onto other sounds that are badly needed.

We need sounds for a TON of other stuff. Honestly we really should just start listing the sounds Arma is lacking and let the sound team start figuring out each one and implementing it.

1) Trees, bushes, walls, bodies make no noise when you run them over with vehicles. It really takes away from the power of the vehicle when you're running over all of this stuff and can't hear a thing happening.

Most sounds are not synced with the animations, they just start playing as soon as you press the button. Reloading sounds are desynced from the actual animation most of the time for me.

Same with healing sounds: heal when crouched = sound is synced with the animation, heal when standing, low crouching, etc = sound not synced, starts as soon as you click to heal.

Honestly we really should just start listing the sounds Arma is lacking and let the sound team start figuring out each one and implementing it

True. I'll start aggregating all posts that include missing sounds and post a list each time someone posts one.

Adding no sound for knocked down treses, crushed bushes and knocked down walls:

List of missing sound effects (rolling list):

Infantry

• Switching to pistol
  • Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has it!

Armour and Vehicles

• Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for breaking walls

Fellow players, please add more that you feel missing. I'll add new missing sounds to this list

Fellow players, please add more that you feel missing. I'll add new missing sounds to this list

Sound for falling bodies. (disappeared in Arma 3)

Sound for falling bodies. (disappeared in Arma 3)

Infantry

• Switching to pistol
  • Turning on GPS
  • Sound of falling bodies

Armour and Vehicles

• Sound for knocked down trees
  • Sound for squashed bushes
  • Sound for breaking walls

Maybe Sound for switching zero of the rifle or the optic

also Grenade throwing sound (the safety pin)

Sounds of turning on and off NVGs - for god's sake, Zeus even has it!

That Hollywood squeal should stay Zeus only. A click or a ruffle would fit much better for the actual NVG's.

Infantry

• Turning on GPS

Armour and Vehicles

Why? Those make no sound in real life either.

Maybe they could add a little click to represent the feeling you get when pressing a button, but I would rather not hear those hollywood sounds every nvg in every game has, nor the weird clicking and zooming sounds when changing optics mode.

Here is a list of missing sounds provided since alpha/beta release: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9513

Unfortunately BI didn't care much.

The background is that the A3 team seems to have decided to ditch all previous content and start fresh.

However in that process they forgot to assign many sounds again or didn't want to use the old ones and had no replacement.

;2764334']Here is a list of missing sounds provided since alpha/beta release: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9513

Unfortunately BI didn't care much.

The background is that the A3 team seems to have decided to ditch all previous content and start fresh.

However in that process they forgot to assign many sounds again or didn't want to use the old ones and had no replacement.

Thanks kju. I can't seem to download the txt files that are attached to the ticket. Can you list the missing sounds here?

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Why? Those make no sound in real life either.

Maybe they could add a little click to represent the feeling you get when pressing a button' date=' but I would rather not hear those hollywood sounds every nvg in every game has, nor the weird clicking and zooming sounds when changing optics mode.[/quote']

I never wrote anything about Hollywood sounds. You just made up an argument that doesn't exist, I agree the sounds should be realistic, maybe even just including the sound of the fabric caused by the hand movement, and a soft click. In real life you have feedback in means of feeling and physical touch, that is impossible to relay in a game. The sounds need to replace that while trying to remain true to realism.

I never wrote anything about Hollywood sounds. You just made up an argument that doesn't exist, I agree the sounds should be realistic, maybe even just including the sound of the fabric caused by the hand movement, and a soft click. In real life you have feedback in means of feeling and physical touch, that is impossible to relay in a game. The sounds need to replace that while trying to remain true to realism.

Well the Zeus NVG sound is rather Hollywood, I thought you wanted that in the game too, glad to be wrong then.

edit: Yes, that's what I was thinking too, about the sound replacing the physical feedback.

Edited by CaptainObvious

own footsteps maybe not so very loud? wierd thing is others fottsteps are hardly audible.