I dont really see the bug, but something is wrong with the stereo audio. The soldier is to your front a bit right, but the sound comes directly from the right, as if he would stand next to you. Or is this the bug?

Also happens with your own footsteps when free-looking around you and it is goddamn annoying. :(

I see bis are adjusting some sounds the past few updates.

Can BIS PLEASE reduce the volume of the Titan Missile Search/Lock Tone sound and launch sound, they are way too loud! (it is near ear damaging levels)

It effects me EVERY game. :(

God put a sound to open the parachute to give a little dive. These small details stand out in the game and do not understand how they can pass these as basic and as easy to add things to the game.

Can BIS PLEASE reduce the volume of the Titan Missile Search/Lock Tone sound and launch sound, they are way too loud! (it is near ear damaging levels)

Yes. It just needs a simple lowering of volume. Nothing more.

I'm so glad I've dropped SOS this issue makes it not worth all the hard work.

What? You dropped SOS?

Well then, back to vanilla sounds...

There is still the updated JSRS

(Thank God and Lord J)

You know what i'd love? If BI did what Laxeman's doing with his Sound-scape mod. I'm pretty sure BI can pull it off, they've made echo sounds for guns before in Arma 2, but never seemed to be used. If they did that with Arma 3, and made an environmental sound-scape, it would boost Vanilla sounds to a whole new level. It would benefit them, and us. Can't really go wrong. Either way, something's gotta be done about the Audio. It's better than, Arma 2... maybe.. but can be, should be, and NEEDS to be a lot better.

What? You dropped SOS?

Well then, back to vanilla sounds...

Until this sound engine if sorted out, I cant even bear play the game right now that's how bad its got for me.

To be honest, this is probably my least favorite part of Arma's sound. It's awful, earsplitting, and just an ugly placeholder sample in general.

To be honest, this is probably my least favorite part of Arma's sound. It's awful, earsplitting, and just an ugly placeholder sample in general.

I believe with a proper volume changes it would be good. I like the sound itself. Very dry and real. Nothing fancy and that is how it usually is with military systems.

I fully agree, it's much too loud!

It's especially annoying with infantry because you can kill a guy and hear his last three shots or so after he dies, and it sounds like there's someone else still over there.

This has been bugging me a lot.

Only seems to have started doing this since the last patch (1.24)

SOUND ENGINE

One of the most critical parts of creating a believable world is sound, and Arma 3 is no exception. Representing a significant step forward in the simulation of sound, with a single rifle shot consisting of various different sounds, the proper simulation of the speed of sound, different sounds when inside and outside of vehicles, and more, Arma 3 puts you right in the middle of a living, breathing environment.

When will BI actually fullfill this claim and assign some people to improve the bad implementation of the sound system? What i mean by bad soundsystem is not the recordings/samples, i'm talking about the volume balancing, surround stuff etc. It's the biggest immersion breaker in A3 and there is no sign that BI is attempting to do something about it.

When will BI actually fullfill this claim and assign some people to improve the bad implementation of the sound system? What i mean by bad soundsystem is not the recordings/samples, i'm talking about the volume balancing, surround stuff etc. It's the biggest immersion breaker in A3 and there is no sign that BI is attempting to do something about it.

It's also false advertising. Speed of sound simulation is half done. Some sounds have speed of sound, but most of them do not. Find me a single vehicle and/or aircraft that has speed of sound simulation.

Are there any plans on changing ambient sounds into positional 3d sounds? It is very immersion breaking when you turn your head and the wind is turning with you...

Are there any plans on changing ambient sounds into positional 3d sounds? It is very immersion breaking when you turn your head and the wind is turning with you...

+10!

Currently it's not even close to what was done in Arma2...

Wind audio needs to be completely overhauled - but I'll be happy with just the positionnal audio (in that regard Arma3 is worst than any game I've been playing).

It would be a huge step forward if they would place an "imaginary" soundsource somewhere around the character that moves with him but does not rotate when he does. So that you get the feeling that you are in a 3D world.

It's all about immersion!

It would be a huge step forward if they would place an "imaginary" soundsource somewhere around the character that moves with him but does not rotate when he does. So that you get the feeling that you are in a 3D world.

It's all about immersion!

How would that be a huge step forward, it backwards thinking. How about they just do positional audio correctly, your already in a 3D world, what your suggesting is create a 2D world within a 3D world.

Until this sound engine if sorted out, I cant even bear play the game right now that's how bad its got for me.

Man, fix your modification SOS. She was the best!

How would that be a huge step forward, it backwards thinking. How about they just do positional audio correctly, your already in a 3D world, what your suggesting is create a 2D world within a 3D world.

It's a huge step forward because currently those ambient sounds are 1 dimensional, and now they would be 2. It's not "creating" a 2D world. There's no reason for those sounds to originate from an actual position in the map, only a degree relative to the player, and sticking to that degree as the player turns.

Lol... Positional audio for footsteps are still not fixed in rc 1.26...

Don't want to sound like I'm ranting but damn, how hard can it be to fix that?

(And how did this issue appear anyway? It was working fine before the 1.24 update; I'm wondering how they work in the QA department! >_<')

Lol... Positional audio for footsteps are still not fixed in rc 1.26...

Don't want to sound like I'm ranting but damn, how hard can it be to fix that?

(And how did this issue appear anyway? It was working fine before the 1.24 update; I'm wondering how they work in the QA department! >_<')

Damn. It's already fixed in the dev, why not in the RC too? :(

Damn. It's already fixed in the dev, why not in the RC too? :(

o_O Seriously?

What the heck is going on?