Is this normal that i cant moving phrone forward on stars, rocks (joining of 2 rocks), and my character is something like reseting position endlessly? If i stop pushing W, he will aim high at sky. Also Scrool button stopped working for grenades.

• Like 1

Is it bug or intended behavior that I can now manage mods in my launcher even when A3 is actively running on background? If it is intended i will just say amen - it always confused me - like what was the reason for that. I'm running latest version of Dev branch.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:18 AM, kill mig said:

P.s. For mortars only. "Scorcher" work correctly.

I tested this out for another thread today, it worked fine for me, the MK6, Slammer and scorcher all fired whatever I selected from smoke to HE, between 1-7 rounds too.

Also worked for the RHS artillery too

Christmas eve shout out to all testers on the Arma development branch. Have a great day tomorrow. Don't get too drunk and tell it like it is. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Christmas eve shout out to all testers on the Arma development branch. Have a great day tomorrow. Don't get too drunk and tell it like it is. 

Thank you ;)

• Like 1

The video tells it all. The aerial UAV gunner view is shaking extremely in multiplayer whenever the UAV is not flying straight. AFAIK, the bug has existed the whole Arma 3 lifetime and been reported multiple times. Could it be finally fixed, as it renders aerial UAV unusable in multiplayer? :)

PS. Merry Xmas to whole Arma community!

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Church_tomb_1.soundGetIn'

Contender for best config error of 2016.  Get in that tomb already!

• Like 8

Was wondering why that "Get In" action kept sprouting up everytime im creeping thru the graveyards. Been spookin me.

• Like 3

Devs, please.

One patch just to crush the bugs, and so many major issues haven't been fixed:

• 40 mm HE: Needs penetration values to be able to at least penetrate one reinforced concrete wall (just as you did with the 30 mm HE)
  • 120 mm / 125 mm HE: New effect is very well done, but we need penetration values to be able to penetrate at least one reinforced concrete wall with these shells! Additionally, these shells should be effective at destroying fortifications like bunkers and sandbag structures (*)
  • 105 mm / 125 mm HEAT: Not as urgently needed, but these shells should also be capable of penetrating objects or at least deal damage to targets behind objects. I mean, that's the whole purpose of HEAT ammuntion, right?
  • APFSDS of all calibers: There needs to be a small area of splash damage at each point of impact (or penetration) to simulate the shrapnel blast caused by the impact. Area of splash damage should increase with increasing cailber, of course (**)

(*)

Manufacturer presentation of 120 mm HE shell

This very interesting PDF released by (one of?) the manufacturers of 120 mm HE shells for the L/44 and L/55 120 mm Rheimmetall smoothbore cannon (L/55 cannon is being used in the latest Leopard 2 [Kuma]). The Merkava 4 [Slammer] uses a copy of the L/44, which can even use the exact same ammunition as the real L/44.

The presentation makes it very, very clear. 

Why can't we have that in Arma 3? It's absolutely possible to with only minor changes (maybe except the airburst option).

(**)

Here two of the very few examples I managed to find:

120 mm APFSDS impacting 

Note the considerable amount of shrapnel caused by the violent impacts!

Syrian rebel tank gets hit by SAA tank. Volume warning. Warning, graphic content! 

The Syrian rebel tank was supposedly hit either by a Soviet "3BM-44" or a Soviet "3BM-23" shell fired from a SAA T-72, which are both APFSDS shells.

Several rebel fighters in the vicinity are being injured by shrapnel, which demonstrates that of course impacts of the penetrator rods of APFSDS shells will cause a considerable amount of shrapnel blast if impacting into solid hard objects. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Indestructible objects: Not even talking about Tanoa, but even good old Altis is still full of objects that will stop a 70 ton tank going 60 kph. E.g. many different kinds of poles and posts. Sometimes poles that look exactly the same but are at different locations vary. Some can be flattened easily, some are indestrucible. Addionally: Soccer goals, basketball loops, random crap like those old washing machines - all those objects will stop a tank. And oh boy. the AI loves to get stuck at that shit. Please, fix that.
  • Extremely tough or entirely indestructible structures: Many structures - like the "white hangar" - are extremely tough. Even though they are just made out of metal sheets only a few mm thick, they resist numerous mortar rounds, tank shells, several 30 mm Gatling strafe runs ... Other structures like the small and the big office are still completely indestructible, which is just wrong.

In addition:

The front armor of the Kuma is still really weak. 9 out of 10 times the first hit to the front from a T-100 will force me out of the Kuma. Even the T-100 seems to have a tougher front armor now, 5 out of 10 times a T-100 stays operational after my first hit to the front with the Kuma's cannon (hits on ERA, I guess).

ERA is great against HEAT projectiles, but not _that_ great against modern DU long-rods.

Imho.

• Like 2

Is this normal that i cant moving phrone forward on stars, rocks (joining of 2 rocks), and my character is something like reseting position endlessly? If i stop pushing W, he will aim high at sky.

Question is still active.

As for KUMA and T-100 and its ERA, Kontakt-5 era disabling (slowing down, damage) sabot round to 30%, T-100 have Kaktus ERA which is even better. Cannon used on T-100 is same as on T-14, and rounds from it can penetrate 1000mm RHA if i'm not mistaken (i was looking at info long time ago). imho its done as it should be.

When I enter the cities the frame rate suffers a little (and I'm talking about entering the cities without npc, without anything, ie in the map altis free roam to put an example, and if you activate the smoothed filter full screen reduces The frame rate very much

that's "normal". while more objects understandably require more resources it definately is extra bad in arma. my guess is that literally no optimisation considerations  (low detail objects for dense areas, shared textures, or simply just not placing waaaay too much stuff etc) went into the terrain areas that suffer from this. it's the only reason i can see why they would build towns that big eventhough they are pretty much unplayable in a real scenario. at least you get to create nice screenshots of it :don11:

i hope in the future either towns will be build smaller and with more walls and less houses or they add some technology to actually back up what they are trying to do there. not to rant too much but i still can't wrap my head around why places like Kavala even exist in arma.

any body else had this error when launching..

using both 32 and 64 bit exe and the launcher i get this error b4 the splash even starts...

Untitled_zpsm4jbhzrt.png

On 27.12.2016 at 7:56 AM, pils said:

Devs, please.

One patch just to crush the bugs, and so many major issues haven't been fixed:

• 120 mm / 125 mm HE: New effect is very well done, but we need penetration values to be able to penetrate at least one reinforced concrete wall with these shells! Additionally, these shells should be effective at destroying fortifications like bunkers and sandbag structures (*)

(*)

Manufacturer presentation of 120 mm HE shell

This very interesting PDF released by (one of?) the manufacturers of 120 mm HE shells for the L/44 and L/55 120 mm Rheimmetall smoothbore cannon (L/55 cannon is being used in the latest Leopard 2 [Kuma]). The Merkava 4 [Slammer] uses a copy of the L/44, which can even use the exact same ammunition as the real L/44.

The presentation makes it very, very clear. 

Why can't we have that in Arma 3? It's absolutely possible to with only minor changes (maybe except the airburst option).

I digged around the web some more and managed to find a small PDF publicized by the manufacturer who provides the 120 mm HE-MP-T rounds for the Merkava 4 [Slammer]. 

Sadly, it's by far not as detailed as the PDF of the German manufacturer, but it states the most important points:

• Destroys bunkers, urban structures and LAVs, and highly lethal against dismounted Infantry
  • High hit probability at all combat ranges
  • Penetrates 200mm double reinforced concrete wall
  • Programmable, multifunctional fuze with 3 modes of operation: Delayed Impact, Super Quick, Air Burst

So the round is able to penetrate a 200 mm double reinforced concrete wall before detonating inside the structure. 

And that's exactly where Arma 3 needs is still lacking. For no reason, since the 30 mm HE is already able to do exactly this.

So please, add penetration values for the large caliber HE shells, too!

Source: 120 mm HE-MP-T ammunition PDF

After looking at Iron Front i have suggestion for developers (sorry if its in wrong place)
- Infantry units after get hit by headshot could lose their hats/helmets - that would give player better understand where he got critical hit (dead), and look way more intensive in firefights.
- Units should use Jump key - (V) in default - never seen this in A3, but in IF all AI is doing that.

I know they propably wont read this, but this is something that i wanna really see in this game, it is possible, and it was done in previous generation of game engine.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

- Infantry units after get hit by headshot could lose their hats/helmets - that would give player better understand where he got critical hit (dead), and look way more intensive in firefights.

Helmets have straps to prevent that from happening, along with not falling off when running and so on.

• Like 2

I really would love to use the 64 bit version but when i update the game, all the sound is missing. Its like my headset isn't plugged in. This happens in 32 bit as well. This dev branch did something to it because its not my mods which i disabled for the sole purpose of eliminating factors

10 hours ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

Helmets have straps to prevent that from happening, along with not falling off when running and so on.

Yes i know, but Some random factor of not wear this stripe (not 100% soldiers uses that - i mean in mods units like GRENFOR from RHS, Project Opfor rebel units etc) would be good solution and hats dont have this stripes.

22 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

After looking at Iron Front i have suggestion for developers (sorry if its in wrong place)
- Units should use Jump key - (V) in default - never seen this in A3, but in IF all AI is doing that.

I know they propably wont read this, but this is something that i wanna really see in this game, it is possible, and it was done in previous generation of game engine.

It's not the worst suggestion. The helmet idea. Could add some immersion for head shots or big blasts. I know if anything the arma movie makers might really appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

It's not the worst suggestion. The helmet idea. Could add some immersion for head shots or big blasts. I know if anything the arma movie makers might really appreciate it.

It is possible. I'm stuck at one portion of the whole concept and it's not perfect but you can actually pick up the helmet after if it hasn't clipped into the ground... been awhile since I worked on it. 

• Like 3

On 11.4.2013 at 6:36 PM, GranolaBar said:

Nice update of fog, it's possible to increase it again i think in the range of 0 to 2000 m when you fall, the circle of fog is so present.

With this update of fog : maybe a new problem ? :

In 3d view of soldier, i have many clipping when you are upper than 1000m.

In 1st view of soldier, no problem all the time.

The circle of fog is pretty much caused by low view distance settings by you or the server as I understand.

Turn up your view distance and it should be better.

I dislike playing with a view distance less than 4000m. It feels like you sit in a bulb with fog all around you.

(E.g. the popular EUTW servers force limit you to like 2400m, which really sucks.)

4000m or more view distance looks so much more realistic.

I love the fact that I can now play with view distances of 5000m and more without problems due to optimization.

Usually 4000m was the limit for me in multiplayer.

In terms of performance and optimization Arma 3 really has improved a lot.

20 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

It is possible. I'm stuck at one portion of the whole concept and it's not perfect but you can actually pick up the helmet after if it hasn't clipped into the ground... been awhile since I worked on it.

It look nice, but now i see what this game is also missing and was present on IF, and in some A3 mods - screaming. Wounded soldiers screams and maybe screaming orders loud when flanking in Combat behavior. I'll try to mix some mods, but i know the resoult. half of other mod's features will stop work, and noone will help me out as every mod author keep saying "please disable other mod to see if issue persist". I dont know how people can play with 40 mods at once, it must be buggy as hell.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pils said:

The circle of fog is pretty much caused by low view distance settings by you or the server as I understand.

Turn up your view distance and it should be better.

I dislike playing with a view distance less than 4000m. It feels like you sit in a bulb with fog all around you.

(E.g. the popular EUTW servers force limit you to like 2400m, which really sucks.)

4000m or more view distance looks so much more realistic.

I love the fact that I can now play with view distances of 5000m and more without problems due to optimization.

Usually 4000m was the limit for me in multiplayer.

In terms of performance and optimization Arma 3 really has improved a lot.

I am pretty sure GranolaBar has figured this out in, soon, 4 years since he posted that :)

• Like 3