2. Visible only to group members

ACE's pointing functionality is the best IMO. It works for everyone within a certain radius, and is large enough to not be ultra-precise. The tactical ping is right on spot, you can't point that precise "in real life", the ACE version is just perfect because it retains the functionality but makes it diffuse enough not to be overpowering. I love it (but then, I've become an ACE addict recently so I am biased :) )

Just tried it, the NSVT is loud, but if anything, the outside noise is too low. I have really no idea how you can get so riled up because of such a small thing. It's at most an annoyance, and at least for me it's not an issue, and I would guess it's the same for most.

It definitely looks like a config issue with specific vehicles.

I dunno, i played RHS T-90 and there was the same, overally all gun sounds are third person, 1st person are gone. I remember exacly how they were sounds like, now its gone, so its bug. On my speakers standing in front of me, or headspeakers its too loud. Its not a small thing, as in multiplayer i wasnt able to hear crew talks

I dunno, i played RHS T-90 and there was the same, overally all gun sounds are third person, 1st person are gone. I remember exacly how they were sounds like, now its gone, so its bug. On my speakers standing in front of me, or headspeakers its too loud. Its not a small thing, as in multiplayer i wasnt able to hear crew talks

Well you were using a mod, did you not think it maybe an issue with the mod rather than Arma3? We have just had an update..  :huh:

Also please refrain from cluttering up this thread with your rants about FPS etc, you have had plenty of warnings about this sort of behaviour. This thread is for constructive feedback about the Dev Branch and nothing more.

• Like 7

Can anyone tell me whether dyn. simulation was re-added today? It's not in the changelog and I don't really want to download 7gigs just to find out myself.

Well you were using a mod, did you not think it maybe an issue with the mod rather than Arma3? We have just had an update..  :huh:

Also please refrain from cluttering up this thread with your rants about FPS etc, you have had plenty of warnings about this sort of behaviour. This thread is for constructive feedback about the Dev Branch and nothing more.

But sound issue was confirmed even on vanilla.

But sound issue was confirmed even on vanilla.

Well i didn't see that from your post, all i saw was that you were using a mod. I do hope you can try to stay on topic. 

Well i didn't see that from your post, all i saw was that you were using a mod. I do hope you can try to stay on topic. 

"I have reported 3 or 2 upadtes ago issue, where THERE IS NO FIRST PERSON SOUNDS in vehicles, we can hear damm loud 3rd person sounds instead, and you did nothing in this case"

I didnt mentioned i'm using a mod, but ok, if you want to stay on topic. I wondered they could fix this in dev branch, so i posted it here.

You justify your steps?
You check how the change in the game?
As you might think to add in APEX , RPG-7 release in 1960. The basic model RPG-7 release in 1960 was a long time ago and that added to the game can not be called even an experimental model of RPG-7 before the release. It's just a mockery of the objects and their possibilities.

https://youtu.be/mwKmjzwia1k

It's like an ill-conceived step. To add something, we need a complete concept about how this works and interacts. This part applies to all systems of the rocket launchers.
Just look at these tests,bulletproof glass 400 мм vs RPG-7

You have not even solved the mechanical sight RPG-7.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120528

Can to solve these tickets ?
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121840

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121846

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121841

New forum interface looks neat, good work.

Is there a reason the UGV (Armed) is using the same wreck as the UGV (Unarmed). I believe it had a different wreck model in the past (With turret)

Spoiler

Edited by R3vo
Changed video

On 12/5/2016 at 0:54 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

To be fair, the Tactical Ping implementation is pretty bad.

1. default Sound can be spammed.

2. Sound is simply annoying. No sound > highly repetitive notification, dont they teach this in game design 101??

3. Should be visible only to members of group.

Not usable without heavy scripting.

"but oh it was ment for the coop campaign" 

;)

Solution to fix:

1. Remove the sound by default.

2. Visible only to group members

this comes off as a bit snarky, i apologize it was an exhausting day.

tactical ping is fine, but the sound needs to go.

great work on the latest batch of fixes guys.

• Like 1

The Arma 3 team will cease regular operations on December 16th and will come back online in January.

Does that mean we can expect 64bit exe to hit dev this week?

To provide a few examples: later this year, we'll publish 64-bit executables to Dev-Branch;

4 minutes ago, road runner said:

What do you think the odds are on that one? ;)

I hope good, there won't be an update for 3 weeks, I need something to play with :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R3vo said:

I hope good, there won't be an update for 3 weeks, I need something to play with :D

And....... it's on dev-branch.

Did not notice any performance gain, small loss. But it's just out. Need to test more.

edit: Framerate seems more stable though. Framerate about the same, depending on Video settings

30 minutes ago, ozzbik said:

And....... it's on dev-branch.

Did not notice any performance gain, small loss. But it's just out. Need to test more.

Same here no difference in FPS and I actually got some stuttering in a heave AI scenario. I hope I missed something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 64-bit executable is for raising the memory limits to make room for future content and memory heavy mods, so I don't expect any change in performance in the vanilla game as of now. Benchmarks are still interesting though, so here we go:

Specs:

Fx-8350 @ 4.4GHz

R9 Fury

16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz

Win 10

Scenario:

Helicopter ride at the beginning of showcase Combined Arms

Application Name	Date and Time		Average FPS		Average frame time (ms)		99th-percentile frame time (ms)
arma3.exe		20161213-195016		55.3			18.1						32.5
arma3_x64.exe		20161213-195328		55.7			17.9						31.4

• Like 1

64 bit vs 32 bit does not have any impact on frame rates, only on the amount of memory the application can address.

I noticed the frame rates are more stable, even though I run the dev branch from a HD (vs SSD for stable). Previously, the difference between HD and SSD was more pronounced

Artillery Support module is broken - only one round can be fired. "commandArtilleryFire" doesn't work correctly too.

To all BIS team many thanks, big change to the RAM and VM have made.

In 8 minutes in the editor, by helicopter, Consumption of the RAM = is more than 3 GB, the File of pumping of VM= is more than 4 GB.

64bit_2.jpg

is trackir not working ? i cant get my trackir to work.

otherwise its great. looking forward to the new 64bit area, and future enfusion engine!

• Like 1

ditto, if I use the 64 bit exe it crashes the game, I'm using ArmaA3sync, and direct the load up to the 64 bit exe, and it crashes.

How exactly does the game recognise the 64 bit exe or the 32 bit exe?
In other steam games there's an option to launch in 32 bit, or 64 bit, there's very little documentation as to how the 64 bit exe works at present, unless I'm missing a readme?

You can set it in the launcher -> Settings.

Works perfect for me. No idea if there is a difference in performance, but ive increased my view distance to 5000 now anyway (3500 object range). Looks good and works.

2 hours ago, road runner said:

ditto, if I use the 64 bit exe it crashes the game, I'm using ArmaA3sync, and direct the load up to the 64 bit exe, and it crashes.

How exactly does the game recognise the 64 bit exe or the 32 bit exe?
In other steam games there's an option to launch in 32 bit, or 64 bit, there's very little documentation as to how the 64 bit exe works at present, unless I'm missing a readme?

Start Arna3laucher.exe, folder Arma3 games.

http://imgur.com/3zOp76K

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Start Arna3laucher.exe, folder Arma3 games.

http://imgur.com/3zOp76K

Thanks mate, I already found that and also found out that my game controller was causing the crash as well.