pretty please, can we have our custom DLC icons back?? :D

• Like 1

A good catch, thanks a lot for Intel, sir. It should be fixed by today's Dev-Branch update :icon_twisted:

Yep, it seems to be fixed! Quick work!

I have one question. Is RV4 capable of having wet textures??  For example, when it is raining it will be darker and shiny depend on a surface?

Today's devbranch update introduced this error with the RCO scope:

23:22:09 Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\acc\data\scope_inside_sharp_ca.paa.
23:22:09 Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\acc\data\collimdot_dot_red_ca.paa.
23:22:09 Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\acc\data\scope_inside_blur_ca.paa.
And made the scope glass black and white, unable to be viewed through.

I also get an error with certain scopes saying:

Cannot load texture a3\weapons_f\acc\data\colimglass_round_smdi.paa

Seems like the smdi stage in colimglass.rvmat was changed at some point (maybe not recent) from:

class Stage5 {
	texture = "a3\weapons_f\acc\data\colimglass_round_smdi.paa";
	uvSource = "tex";

class uvTransform {
		aside[] = {1.0, 0.0, 0.0};
		up[] = {0.0, 1.0, 0.0};
		dir[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};
		pos[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};
	};
};
to

class Stage5 {
	texture = "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0.4,1.0,1,SMDI)";
	uvSource = "tex";

class uvTransform {
		aside[] = {1.0, 0.0, 0.0};
		up[] = {0.0, 1.0, 0.0};
		dir[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};
		pos[] = {0.0, 0.0, 0.0};
	};
};
And the _smdi.paa removed from the .pbo a few days ago.

However, this creates a problem for addon data that was binarised with colimglass.rvmat before the change occurred (or if an author doesn't update devP to unpack the newer .rvmat for future use), because .rvmat texture paths get compiled in to the .p3d when it's binarised. Now they're looking for a texture that no longer exist.

So please can we have the .paa file back even if the actual updated .rvmat no longer uses it? :)

• Like 2

21-04-2016

EXE rev. 135666 (game)
EXE rev. 135666 (launcher)

Oh shit!

• Like 4

Oh shit!

No need to worry: the devil only endorses Candy Crush... ^_^

I have one question. Is RV4 capable of having wet textures??  For example, when it is raining it will be darker and shiny depend on a surface?

Theoretically you can run a loop in the background that will check the weather and apply the new rvmat via setObjectMaterial to all units if the weather changed.

Dry rvmat.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667547763

Wet rvmat.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668510656

• Like 1

- diag_codePerformance reports always  [0,1] in MP. This also means that the "check code performance" button in the debug console is not usable in MP anymore.

- using this code via debug console:

systemChat str [diag_codePerformance [{a = a + 1;}, 0, 10000]];

reports [<null>]. (this one also applies to single player

- addMissionEventHandler "PlayerConnected" does not work unless the old onPlayerConnected SQF command was executed once in the mission. This includes BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

Hi guys,

I noticed that the memory allocator interface has changed. Where can I find the new documentation? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Custom_Memory_Allocator is not updated yet...

Edit:

I guess the new interface is like:

extern "C" {
  __declspec(dllexport) size_t __stdcall MemTotalCommitted();                     // _MemTotalCommitted@0
  __declspec(dllexport) size_t __stdcall MemTotalReserved();                      // _MemTotalReserved@0
  __declspec(dllexport) size_t __stdcall MemFlushCache(size_t size);              // _MemFlushCache@4
  __declspec(dllexport) void __stdcall MemFlushCacheAll();                        // _MemFlushCacheAll@0
  __declspec(dllexport) size_t __stdcall MemSize(void *mem);                      // _MemSize@4
  __declspec(dllexport) void *__stdcall MemAlloc(size_t size);                    // _MemAlloc@4
  __declspec(dllexport) void __stdcall MemFree(void *mem);                        // _MemFree@4
  // New:
  __declspec(dllexport) size_t __stdcall MemSizeA(void *mem, size_t alignment);   // _MemSizeA@8
  __declspec(dllexport) void *__stdcall MemAllocA(size_t size, size_t alignment); // _MemAllocA@8
  __declspec(dllexport) void __stdcall MemFreeA(void *mem);                       // _MemFreeA@4
};

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I am new registered so I cant create new topics yet.

So i spent 2hrs in EDEN editor today after an update and it started lagging,I went afk for like 30min total game time was 122min and FPS was 9 it was lagging so much.

I got several crashs related to graphical driver.

Where can I send the Report Log ?

Theoretically you can run a loop in the background that will check the weather and apply the new rvmat via setObjectMaterial to all units if the weather changed.

Dry rvmat.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667547763

Wet rvmat.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668510656

that's a typical arma hack though. excluding all terrain materials and all default buildings since those usually don't have hidden selections (could we get those? would be great for map makers). would be much better to add a hook for the global "rain" variable into the actual shaders. with stuff like that you can even do stuff like dynamic snow cover (example: http://www.programering.com/a/MjM3QTMwATM.html)

combined with removing foliage like can be done in the 3den editor, arma could actually react to seasons (editor date settings). i've been dreaming of this forever. i wish we could make our own shaders for arma without editing main game files which (to my knowledge) will be a problem especially for MP. maybe some day...

Hi guys.

Is it possible to turn off vehicle name when locking through tablock?

a1ea40cf41b8c6c7b2ad0cbb0077844b.png

May be somebody can help me? I tried to find function, that call this everywhere but coudn't... =(

Was this added in some kind of dll or in exe? -_- Or...?

• Like 1

I found another issue with Arma 3 tools > Game Updater is crashing when trying to open options.

Hi guys.

Is it possible to turn off vehicle name when locking through tablock?

a1ea40cf41b8c6c7b2ad0cbb0077844b.png

Hey! I'm sorry, it's currently not possible. It's a part of the targeting mechanic. However we're currently changing some aspects of the targeting and we're also thinking about how to change these labels. If you want to join the discussion please visit https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189734-targeting-improvements/. Thanks!

There's somewhat annoying bug I've been wanting to report for quite some time. I was waiting for feedback tracker, but nevermind, here's how to reproduce it:

BUG 1

-Bind zoom temporary to space
-Place offroad armed

-Get in as gunner, and zoom in with space

-While holding zoom (space) press right click to aim with your .50 cal

Your view get's zoomed in as much as it can, and you can't un-zoom at all, (+,-, space, right click, getting out of vehicle - nothing helps) until you restart the mission.

This also happens on your presets Arma 3 alternative, and industry standard (they have optics temporary and zoom temporary set to hold right click, so you first have to aim+zoom in with right click to cause the bug, then press 0 to toggle optics and try zooming out).

BUG 2

There's one more bug that could use solving now that you're working on action menu.

If you use optics temporary to aim down sights (for example hold right click), action menu will bring you back from your sights/optic. Same problem if you press (~) select all units while aiming, other command menus work fine, they don't bring you back from your sights.
This does not happen if you use toggle optic, you continue aiming even though action menu is open (which is good).

EDIT: Also selecting a single unit (F2-F10 by default) will bring you out of the optics, so you can't for example use binocular and select unit to give him a target, the moment you select him, it cancels looking through binocs, unless you use optics toggle.

I found another issue with Arma 3 tools > Game Updater is crashing when trying to open options.

I might know why this happens. Could you go into Registry Editor (regedit), then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive\gameupdater" and check if you have these entries:

• Branch
  • playSound
  • validate
  • handleSteam // I would bet on this one
  • path_d

If one or multiple entries are missing, you can add them manually and then change them from Game Updater.

"path_d"="D:\\Games\\steamapps\\common\\Arma 3 [development]"
"Branch"="2"
"playSound"="True"
"validate"="True"
"handleSteam"="True"
  • Like 2

You wouldn't happen to be working on updating Fred's allocator would you?

Not really... I did once but could not find any big differences between tbb4malloc_bi, fred´s version and my own one when I used them with "Yet Another Arma Benchmark (YAAB)" benchmark. So I did not continue this project.

Maybe I´ll do some tests later but dont expect anything... ;)

I might know why this happens. Could you go into Registry Editor (regedit), then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive\gameupdater" and check if you have these entries:

• Branch
  • playSound
  • validate
  • handleSteam // I would bet on this one
  • path_d

If one or multiple entries are missing, you can add them manually and then change them from Game Updater.

"path_d"="D:\\Games\\steamapps\\common\\Arma 3 [development]"
"Branch"="2"
"playSound"="True"
"validate"="True"
"handleSteam"="True"

Thank you it worked,I was missing the BRANCH part,made new value and now it is working.

Thank you it worked,I was missing the BRANCH part,made new value and now it is working.

I wasn't expecting this one, I will fix this soon, thanks for the feedback  :292:

• Like 1

Hey Bohemia devs. I'd like to ask something.

Can you improve how errors are handled in the engine. I know there's a lot of other requests here but just take a look.

I mean general config errors.

For example you can introduce a few new settings that can be switched on the fly.

No Errors, No Logs.

No Errors, Save All to Logs.

Show All Errors, No Logs.

Show All Errors, Save All to Logs.

The reason that I'm asking this is because config errors behave really strange right now and it's really hard to track what's happening with your own mod.

As it is now, some errors show up only once and serve no purpose for people that are not into moding.

Let's say you're in the middle of the firefight and then suddenly this errors pops-up.

http://i.imgur.com/8rBhmoD.jpg

It completely blocks the UI interface and waits for you to close the error field.

It serves no purpose for the player in the middle of the game.

But it serves a lot of purpose for the developer of the mod.

But after you close it it will never show up again when you do the same action that caused it before.

And of course people that make mods play too, so they want a quick way to turn off errors and dive into the mission.

• Like 1

Hi,

Few bugs:

-----------

I keep getting this cloudlet error in rpt:

2016/04/22, 15:04:06 Error in expression <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>
2016/04/22, 15:04:06   Error position: <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>
2016/04/22, 15:04:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: forcesize

-----------

Artillery (opfor one) doesn't make smoke/dust clouds when main gun is fired (poss related to error above)

-----------

Also, this weirdness:

weird2.jpg

-----------

Thx

Thanks to BXBX & everyone else who was involved in your first official mod release, well done.

For those who didn't see the new OPREP, click here

...and thanks for giving my humble 3den mod a minor role in your video (just joking :D)

https://youtu.be/B1Zz7xHlAO8?t=1m2s

• Like 3