New muzzle flash effect, T-100:

Nice, but larger, spherical effect does not always occur. The whole thing could be a little bigger, dramatic, and flashier, as per the real T-90 vids shown above. But it does the job... Particle quality is standard.

I don't know if anyone saw this linked in the photo thread, or how Fennekgr achieved the effect but this demo has IMO the perfect particle effects.

^^^ WOW.... almost too real. Especially when the dust kicks up and rolling around... too real. I'm impressed with ARMA3 particles

I don't think his particle tests are legit. They look more that stock matte/blue/greenscreen effects overlaid on the captured footage.

I don't think his particle tests are legit. They look more that stock matte/blue/greenscreen effects overlaid on the captured footage.

It does seem like that. I'm sure particle effects like this could be achieved in a really powerful graphical engine, but it seems unlikely that a modder could achieve it in Arma's.

But this may be getting off topic...

I don't know if anyone saw this linked in the photo thread, or how Fennekgr achieved the effect but this demo has IMO the perfect particle effects.

Yeah i did it with after effects. I wasnt satisfied with the vanilla effects for my upcoming machinima project so i tried to make them a little bit more considerable. Sry to disappoint you.

In mp its still unplayable 4 of us on the ix-tf server last night I had 40 fps in towns but it kept stuttering and freezing for all of us, fps stayed at 40 but driving was stuttering and walking was the same still a long way to go yet on dev build seemed to get better for a minute or 2 if we done the flush but then it came back to stuttering.

Yeah i did it with after effects. I wasnt satisfied with the vanilla effects for my upcoming machinima project so i tried to make them a little bit more considerable. Sry to disappoint you.

No worries, I suspected as much to be honest. Still think it looks great though.

Will anyone fix currently terrible fatigue system? it's overdone, and whatnot.

With regards to today's hotfix on main branch: we know there are still other (PhysX) crashes in MP (Dedicated Server) - being investigated of course. We did feel it prudent to improve the 1.02 initial state a.s.a.p. however.

On a totally unrelated note, I notice that new rain fx have snuck in. Looks like the rain is some kind of drawn lines. Might need a bit of work but it looks better already than the previous incarnation of rain.

Nice! That could look great with some tweaking, and when the splashes come back. Doesn't fall inside buildings either. Looks pretty weird right now when it's very heavy, especially at night.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Anyone else having the last 4 bullets in a magazine as tracer bullets even though it´s a regular STANAG mag?

Played a friends mission yesterday and we both realized the last 3-4 bullets were tracers for some reason.

Is this a DEV bug?

Anyone else having the last 4 bullets in a magazine as tracer bullets even though it´s a regular STANAG mag?

Played a friends mission yesterday and we both realized the last 3-4 bullets were tracers for some reason.

Is this a DEV bug?

It's intended.

On a totally unrelated note, I notice that new rain fx have snuck in. Looks like the rain is some kind of drawn lines. Might need a bit of work but it looks better already than the previous incarnation of rain.

Looks pretty weird at the moment, but with some imagination you can see what they're going for. No more square rain texture around the player, and it seems to be affected by wind aswell. :)

The weird thing with wind is when you look into the direction it's coming from, you can see the vertical lines blowing toward you like snow.

Wow, rain now looks like snow calculated by a commodore C64 ;) Oh and please fix setOvercast...!

Will anyone fix currently terrible fatigue system? it's overdone, and whatnot.

fatigue system is fine.its not a i can run forever battlefield. and thats good!

I think you run out of stamina a bit too quick maybe add 10 more seconds sprinting and then it could be better :)

fatigue system is fine.its not a i can run forever battlefield. and thats good!

No currently it is "Heavy smoker can run 5 seconds before Asthma clocks in".

Did they disable rainbows at some point? I have tried to tweak the weather settings but can't get the rainbow appearing.

Currently the rain drops obviously are too sharp and opaque, those are propably easy to fix, also the whole "rain mass" seems to move in the direction of the wind at high speed, looks like you're on hyper drive of some sort when looking into the wind :D

Oh boy that's gonna look sweet once complete, with added splashes and maybe increased specularity on wet surfaces! :cool:

e:Ninja'd by Ranger