That's an obsolete command. Use hideobject instead.

Same result.

I am recogniozing lots of crashes since the latest update 1.03.110511. Does anyone else as well?

I was crashing all the time on the standard build, changed to Dev build and didn't have any issues until today. Updated this afternoon and been crashing ever since on multiplayer, haven't tried single player yet.

You do, I always tested the pitch was working before even firing up the heli.

By in motion I meant the velka vrtule state, though it could just be difficult to see the paper thin rotors.

Any chance a dev could explain what occlusion query for PIP means?

Old news, they are talking about the merhe of ToH and Arma 2 CO

That's exactly what I was getting at :)

Found this in the feedback / issue tracker...as it relates to the crashing/ physX issue:

dazhbog (developer)

2013-09-30 16:39

Hey guys, we got your crash reports and we were able to reproduce the issue in our environment. It's obviously the biggest priority for us at the moment and we will deliver a fix ASAP.

Thanks for your patience :).

I'm curious. What does BI do to test patches before they are released? LAN, Internet, Desktop/SP ?

Could you develop some kind of rollback option that could help mitigate a situation like this next time it happens?

Curious what has been improved exactly? Anyone had a test run and noticed anything?

Relates to Radio Protocol; specifically, being able to hear other squads (friendly, enemy) communicating.

If you're in one squad, and another is squad is nearby, you should be able to hear them chattering in 3D space.

Added recently in SP, hopefully fixed for MP. Makes fighting at close ranges a bit more engaging.

Best,

RiE

Can you plz inform us if you are close to hotfix the updates physx's problem.

Thank you very much

xxx

Edit: Mayb a little indication about how long to wait.

Edited by Magebuss

Added recently in SP, hopefully fixed for MP. Makes fighting at close ranges a bit more engaging.

Sure does. Now, if we only could keep this and disable automatic "contact, rifleman with red dot sight and a half full magazine, 450 meters behind these walls, buildings and other non-transparent objects" spotting for human players at the same time... Until then, I can't even concider not using enableSentences false;...

Speaking of radio protocols, I often think it would be a good idea to get rid of the spamming contact reports by grouping individual reports together.

For example, if your AI squadmates see an enemy group, each one of them calls out all of the individual members of that group. Not only is this pretty unnatural, but if the enemy group is quite large then it leads to alot of unnecessary noise over the radio.

My suggestion is that the AI simply reports contact with the group itself, in the same way that they sometimes say "Enemy machinegunner AND AT soldier", except they would say "Enemy fireteam" or "Enemy squad", depending on the number of enemy in the group.

Speaking of radio protocols, I often think it would be a good idea to get rid of the spamming contact reports by grouping individual reports together.

For example, if your AI squadmates see an enemy group, each one of them calls out all of the individual members of that group. Not only is this pretty unnatural, but if the enemy group is quite large then it leads to alot of unnecessary noise over the radio.

My suggestion is that the AI simply reports contact with the group itself, in the same way that they sometimes say "Enemy machinegunner AND AT soldier", except they would say "Enemy fireteam" or "Enemy squad", depending on the number of enemy in the group.

I thought this was implemented in Arma 2.

Another radio thing I swear was in Arma 2 but missing in 3 is calling distance on targets right in front of you. The lowest they say is always 75m, they never say 'just in front', which I swear they did in A2.

They do say 'enemy men,' or at least did in A2. But in practice, they almost never spot things simultaneously.

Relates to Radio Protocol; specifically, being able to hear other squads (friendly, enemy) communicating.

If you're in one squad, and another is squad is nearby, you should be able to hear them chattering in 3D space.

Best,

RiE

so, now not only the host, but also clients able to hear them chatting? Finally!

Dont know if this has been reported before?

Since last update getting weird graphics on the Buzzard aircraft when stood near it.

Sure does. Now, if we only could keep this and disable automatic "contact, rifleman with red dot sight and a half full magazine, 450 meters behind these walls, buildings and other non-transparent objects" spotting for human players at the same time... Until then, I can't even concider not using enableSentences false;...

Just disable "Auto Spot" in difficulties and you will not hear it and while at it also unbind the "Reveal" function of the right mouse button. Saved my sanity since OFP ;)

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Just disable "Auto Spot" in difficulties and you will not hear it and while at it also unbind the "Reveal" function of the right mouse button. Saved my sanity since OFP ;)

/KC

But that doesn't disable "low on ammo", "injured", "get back in formation" and so on. There should be a way to disable automatic radio messages from player characters without removing them from AI at the same time. I have faith in humanity, and I strongly believe a human player knows how to inform his squad leader about his situation manually... :P

Again about FiA. When they will be unlocked in editor for each side (opfor and independent)? Because it already not funny. I must open mission in notepad, change class names by hands for two damned jeeps with M2. And I can't operate with them in editor after this. Wtf, BIS?

What makes this FIA blufor-only worse is that their uniforms are blufor as well. There's no way of having (afaik) playable indfor FIA without problems with the gear...

Well, it will be grand time to have a drop down menu to change the side of the units, directly in the editor unit menu.

What makes this FIA blufor-only worse is that their uniforms are blufor as well. There's no way of having (afaik) playable indfor FIA without problems with the gear...

You are actually wrong, that was the fix with FIA uniforms all about :icon_twisted:

You are actually wrong, that was the fix with FIA uniforms all about :icon_twisted:

Just tested this. Ya, seems to be fixed for indfor, not for opfor.

It has no collision geometry :Oo:

Confirmed, no collision Geometry, just passes straight through objects.