Switch Command doesn't do anything. I wonder what it will do later? But seems like that we can now use weapon switching and commanding under the same number keys. Thank god! I hope you'll make a key for command menu that opens a menu that shows the 10 main categories so you don't need to remember which key is what category. So a menu opens that have all these shown first:

1. Move

2. Target

3. Engage

0. Reply

That way we don't need to do the old "was Target category in #3? Nope, backspace. #1? Nope backspace... and this goes on and on until you find which one was it.

Btw. Now you can remove the weapon switching from the action menu so I pray BIS that you do that! Those aren't needed there anymore in any way. Yaaayyyyyy!

• Like 2

Btw. Now you can remove the weapon switching from the action menu so I pray BIS that you do that! Those aren't needed there anymore in any way. Yaaayyyyyy!

All I can say is we have some plans to do so but it is still too early to tell more or give some ETA. Stay tuned :292:

• Like 3

I found that when I want to select a menu item, I can no longer use my "Fire" key (my mouse button) and now have to ONLY use my "Menu interact" key (which happens to be my mouse scroll button).

Im not keen on this change either. It was faster and more fluid to be able to use the primary mouse button to select current selected action. Ive noticed it has changed in both commanding and navigation menus, although you can still use primary mouse to operate the action menu..

I also do not like the way the new Open Menu's work, although I would rarely use them as I find its quicker to go in through navigate and use primary mouse to select (barring changes in previous sentence).

Instead of being able to select one and then press another to open its menu they current act as toggles so if you press say F1 to open Move, pressing F2 does not open Target but toggles the previous menu closed, leaving you having to press F2 again to see its menu.

The gear randomization is handled at the data level (scripted system) while the face randomization happens at the engine level. We had to disable the gear randomization for Eden missions because it was breaking the custom loadout set from the arsenal. This situation is not meant to be definitive and will hopefully be solved in a near future. :292:

Just saw the latest devbranch log : already fixed ! Thx again !!!

I see twice tanks upside-down after today (500+mb) update. Off course modded only tested so far.

I don't see anything changed in their logs in regards to clutch simulation.

Im not keen on this change either. It was faster and more fluid to be able to use the primary mouse button to select current selected action. Ive noticed it has changed in both commanding and navigation menus, although you can still use primary mouse to operate the action menu..

I also do not like the way the new Open Menu's work, although I would rarely use them as I find its quicker to go in through navigate and use primary mouse to select (barring changes in previous sentence).

Instead of being able to select one and then press another to open its menu they current act as toggles so if you press say F1 to open Move, pressing F2 does not open Target but toggles the previous menu closed, leaving you having to press F2 again to see its menu.

This hasn't worked for me since the beginning of A3 (probebly because I use A3 controls). Its always been Spacebar for me which is quite nice as it acctually gives a action key kinda feeling, look at the door press spacebar and it opens whitout having to scroll.

I agree that having the weapons get removed from the action menu list would be awesome! and also the suggestion to put the commanding units under one button would be amazing. espacially if a dear BIS dev can make a really nice transparant maybe circulair menu like ACE has? it would mean that next to 1 - 4 you also have the keys 5-0 aviable for actions.

when I want to select a menu item, I can no longer use my "Fire" key (my mouse button) and now have to ONLY use my "Menu interact" key (which happens to be my mouse scroll button). 

Yeah, this is especially irritating because I use middle mouse to issue commands, which also happens to be my 'throw grenade' button.

Thank god! I hope you'll make a key for command menu that opens a menu that shows the 10 main categories so you don't need to remember which key is what category. So a menu opens that have all these shown first:

1. Move

2. Target

3. Engage

0. Reply

There is actually such a menu, I believe it's backspace by default. A while back I suggested to make this menu the default menu, but one dev replied that they have something different in mind. (Can't check the exact workding because FT is down)

I agree that having the weapons get removed from the action menu list would be awesome! and also the suggestion to put the commanding units under one button would be amazing. espacially if a dear BIS dev can make a really nice transparant maybe circulair menu like ACE has? it would mean that next to 1 - 4 you also have the keys 5-0 aviable for actions.

For me it would be perfect is we had one key to open up a radial menu like you suggested, when this menu is open one can use F1-F11 to select units and command orders. Once the menu is closed, the keys 0-9 and F1-F11 are free to be used for other stuff again. Last but not least, the command displayed in this menu should be customiseable. I don't need any of the Reply options for example.

Have been driving tank for 15 minutes, not once it launched in the air. Could be lucky, could be connected.

It happened to me few minutes ago.You had placebo effect or you were lucky ^^

• Like 1

It happened to me few minutes ago.You had placebo effect or you were lucky ^^

Cannot be placebo as it is pretty obvious when it happens and it hasn't yet. Gonna try MP.

Spinning/turning in one place.That is when it most frequently happens.

• Like 1

Spinning/turning in one place.That is when it most frequently happens.

I spent a good 15 minutes or so spinning in place and only managed to flip the tank once when spinning on one those knee-high stonewalls, could be luck but it used to be a piece of cake to flip the tank...

Why does everybody in here believe that a simple library update will make tanks behave realistic?

I hope you'll make a key for command menu that opens a menu that shows the 10 main categories so you don't need to remember which key is what category. So a menu opens that have all these shown first:

That way we don't need to do the old "was Target category in #3? Nope, backspace. #1? Nope backspace... and this goes on and on until you find which one was it.

As R3vo mentions that has always been available under Controls > Common > Navigate Menu.

This hasn't worked for me since the beginning of A3 (probebly because I use A3 controls). Its always been Spacebar for me which is quite nice as it acctually gives a action key kinda feeling, look at the door press spacebar and it opens whitout having to scroll.

You talking about something different, that is Controls > Common > Use Default Action. Which is as you say extremely handy for things like doors, hatches and getting in vehicles.

Im talking about Controls > Common > Use Selected Action, which you use for selecting the current menu option that is highlighted, for instance in the actionMenu, quick command(now obsolete, unless you still have it bound or add it back in your config), Navigate Menu and the 'Select all Units' menu.

You talking about something different, that is Controls > Common > Use Default Action. Which is as you say extremely handy for things like doors, hatches and getting in vehicles.

Im talking about Controls > Common > Use Selected Action, which you use for selecting the current menu option that is highlighted, for instance in the actionMenu, quick command(now obsolete, unless you still have it bound or add it back in your config), Navigate Menu and the 'Select all Units' menu.

Yea those also only work for me with spacebar since the begining of A3, I have never been able to LMBklick the action that I wanted, the commanding menu was a bit diffrent because that also worked witht the number (by example ~+1+6 still makes my squad stop moving)

There is actually such a menu, I believe it's backspace by default. A while back I suggested to make this menu the default menu, but one dev replied that they have something different in mind. (Can't check the exact workding because FT is down)

I actually just noticed this earlier today. Seems to need first press Navigation Menu key and then select the units to command so it works. I've always used the backspace or secondary mouse button to close the command menus, obviously because backspace would be a go back/previous with a common sense, so it never came in my mind until now. All these years and nobody hasn't said that to me :D

For me I'd like to see some change in how the Navigation Menu key works. First of all it should be in the Commanding category, not in the Common... Then if I press Select Unit key (F keys by default) it opens this quick menu and if I press navigation menu it closes the quick menu and deselects all the units. For me this doesn't make sense, so I'd like to see that if I've unit selected and I press navigation menu key, it just changes to this navigation menu and doesn't deselect the units. I've always done so I select the units first and then start commanding, not the other way around. That's also likely the reason why I haven't seen the Navigation Menu ever until today. Also Close Context Menu key (secondary mouse button) is already used for closing the quick command menu and deselecting the units.

Now I really wonder what the Switch Command Menu key even is?

Why does everybody in here believe that a simple library update will make tanks behave realistic?

Who exactly believes that? I was merely testing if that change would affect the bouncing tanks, and from my very limited testing it sort of seems it does.

Now I really wonder what the Switch Command Menu key even is?

Switch command menu is to switch your units bar between Group Command and High Command.
  • Like 1

Who exactly believes that? I was merely testing if that change would affect the bouncing tanks, and from my very limited testing it sort of seems it does.

You can't say it's fixed unless you try to reproduce it in an identical scenario (if you've tested tanks before the library upd.) and they don't bounce. There's too many variables invovled, so you also have to keep track of them (write everything to a log file each 0.1s?).

You can't say it's fixed unless you try to reproduce it in an identical scenario (if you've tested tanks before the library upd.) and they don't bounce.

Of course, that's why I didn't say it's fixed or that the tanks suddenly became realistic  :huh: