I created a post a few days back in this dev forum but I thought ill post it here as this seems to be dev related.

Characters are unable to heal at mobile medical trucks. Using "heal at" they do the animation but the blood still stays on, and damage is not removed.

I tested on two computers, wIth one switching between the main branch and dev.  It works alright for main, but healing appears broken?  for the dev version. Could investigate this issue if its reproducible.

I have a strange bug on today's dev build: I can't command AI in the editor preview.

The first command shows up on the radio, but no one either does anything, or only carries out the first one. Anything after that does absolutely nothing.

In normal scenarios it works fine.

Game files are verified, no mods, a new profile created, game restarted multiple times.

I have a strange bug on today's dev build: I can't command AI in the editor preview.

The first command shows up on the radio, but no one either does anything, or only carries out the first one. Anything after that does absolutely nothing.

In normal scenarios it works fine.

Game files are verified, no mods, a new profile created, game restarted multiple times.

I noticed new key bindings turned up in my profile, maybe you need to bind to the new keys;

keyCommandingMenuSelect1[]={2};
keyCommandingMenuSelect2[]={3};
keyCommandingMenuSelect3[]={4};
keyCommandingMenuSelect4[]={5};
keyCommandingMenuSelect5[]={6};
keyCommandingMenuSelect6[]={7};
keyCommandingMenuSelect7[]={8};
keyCommandingMenuSelect8[]={9};
keyCommandingMenuSelect9[]={10};
keyCommandingMenuSelect0[]={11};

I noticed new key bindings turned up in my profile, maybe you need to bind to the new keys;

Oh this was something much weirder than that.

The AI disobeys me, If I enable the -nosound startup parameter... :huh:

Had to try enabling/disabling it 6 times before I believed what I was seeing.

Makes sense though; they just didn't hear me.

• Like 3

Welcome in the world of Arma ;)

This is gold  :D

BUG report:

when using ARMA3 APEX keyboard setting, while changing weapon at the same time pressing mouse fire button, the next weapon can fire though it is still on your back.

:D The unspoken complexity of the Armaverse is truly unreal :D

• Like 2

Nice to finally be able to switch weapon on the move, but perhaps the new way gives a bit too much freedom? I always expected this to force walk if it was ever implemented. Now you can even do it while sprinting, without slowing down one bit. I don't find that very realistic.

I agree. It is strange especially when you switch to AT or AA from rifle. Maybe they will tweak it and this is only the first iteration.

If we want to kick ass, then the switching behavior should depend on the slope of the terrain too. If you moving up to the hill you probably have to stop to switch to launcher.

Were the caliber size names changed: From 6.5mm to 6,5mm or 12.7 to 12,7mm?

I'm starting to get addons/pbo's saying their missing from missions, but they're sitting in the correct folder as large as life.

I agree. It is strange especially when you switch to AT or AA from rifle. Maybe they will tweak it and this is only the first iteration.

If we want to kick ass, then the switching behavior should depend on the slope of the terrain too. If you moving up to the hill you probably have to stop to switch to launcher.

i'd prefer this to be left to realism mods since it's harder to mod in the smooth switch while forcing the stop or slow down you described is way easier to mod in.

• Like 1

I haven't tested the new build so I'm just giving my opinion based on some posts in here:

Weapon change when sprinting shouldn't be allowed. Run/jog it can be allowed but sprinting shouldn't. Weapon change movement could likely be bit slower than normal movement.

• Like 2

I haven't tested the new build so I'm just giving my opinion based on some posts in here:

Weapon change when sprinting shouldn't be allowed. Run/jog it can be allowed but sprinting shouldn't. Weapon change movement could likely be bit slower than normal movement.

Sprinting at full pelt wearing 20-40KG's of weapons, Gear and Ammo also shouldn't be allowed either, but the AI are like Olympic class/Tier 1 athletes !! :D , are you trying to say that breaking contact as fast as you can, and transitioning from Primary to secondary (would) never happen in real life? 

If you can run with both hands on the gun you can change it at that speed, fair enough? I still think you should try it first before giving any opinion.

• Like 2

If you can run with both hands on the gun you can change it at that speed, fair enough? I still think you should try it first before giving any opinion.

depending on how you have your sling set up, mine was always set up to fall to my left, allowing my right (strong) hand to draw my sidearm no matter what speed I was moving at..

It amazes me how people harp on about certain realism, but chose to ignore others, it's IMPOSSIBLE to feel anything remotely close to real combat within a game.

depending on how you have your sling set up, mine was always set up to fall to my left, allowing my right (strong) hand to draw my sidearm no matter what speed I was moving at..

It amazes me how people harp on about certain realism, but chose to ignore others, it's IMPOSSIBLE to feel anything remotely close to real combat within a game.

And then of course there's chest rig holsters which change the draw difficulty by taking the lower body somewhat out of the equation versus that of a drop leg holster...

• Like 1

I am fine with how it is now, Arma 3 needed more fluid movement and switching weapon on the fly was a big step towards that, so please don't ruin that again with some artificial limitations. If you want realism, I am sure the ACEMOD team will take care of it, if not, sign up for the Army.

it's IMPOSSIBLE to feel anything remotely close to real combat within a game.

ye. and artificial one-dimensional limits certainly don't get you closer to it.

i'm still very sad that FFV turned out so damn limited just to keep characters from distorting too much or "solve" the shooting passengers issue or for whatever other reasons. i see good intentions but the outcome is sadly something that i use way less (as in pretty much never) than i initially thought because it's not practical most of the time, and it's certainly not realistic how it is now, although i don't believe that is the reason for the limitations anyways.

• Like 1

OK there seems to be limitation that you can't sprint when changing on launcher so that's very good. Also the animation speed seems to be OK so it isn't too quick and you can move all around when the weapon change animation is going on. Overall Good job!

I noticed some problem when running and changing weapon. Here's a video how to repro it:

Have launcher on your hands and start to run -> change primary -> launcher -> secondary -> launcher -> and loop from that point to get bug between launcher -> secondary change every time.

I'm the only one who get a lot of CTD with the last dev build ?

I'm the only one who get a lot of CTD with the last dev build ?

Only when using doSuppressiveFire

Were the caliber size names changed: From 6.5mm to 6,5mm or 12.7 to 12,7mm?

It's still 6.5mm on my end. It should be linked to your system language settings.

Since Friday, [Q&S] for sprint does not work (perhaps something to do with weapon switching).  Character stops dead.

It's still 6.5mm on my end. It should be linked to your system language settings.

Yes thank you, game was set to German for testing purpose. Didn't know they took localisation this far

Are more changes to the debug console planned? If yes, could we have a button to copy the code performance result to the clipboard. I know it's currently copied there automatically, but that has been quite annoying at least for me in the past, because already copied code gets lost.

Edit: Is it possible that

saved3DENInventory

never made it into dev branch?