I just tried a mission with two UAV controllers (one would take over a darter, the other should control a greyhawk). However, only one of them can actually attach to any UAV, the other one can not.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is that intentional (if yes: Doh) ?

Hi, I just tried this and it worked fine for me. Could you please report it via Feedback Tracker with repro steps. Thank you :)

Update of two problems with lightings in the appropriate topic.

Cordially

G.B

PS : DEV's, improvements of shadow of soldiers and humans was planned ?

Edited by GranolaBar

02-10-2013

EXE rev. 110653

Size: ~211 MB

Tweaked: Brakes of tracked vehicles

Added: New type muzzle flash for tanks (applied on T-100)

So, tweaked the brakes?

The tank will slide about 40 meters with stopped tracks. Try this with a AI-Driver.

The new muzzle comes a bit late. If the gun is fired, the muzzle appears a bit late.

Edited by V-zwo_Null

Hi, I just tried this and it worked fine for me. Could you please report it via Feedback Tracker with repro steps. Thank you :)

Will do, I was just looking for confirmation that it was indeed a bug and not a feature.

I had a similar case yesterday: We played COOP, I was the UAV operator 8the only one). There were multiple UAVs on the map, so I took control of one, it was immediately destroyed, and subsequently, I could no longer take control of any UAV, neither those that were already on the map, nor the darter that I had in my backpack.

I'll try to come up with repros for both problems.

So, tweaked the brakes?

The new muzzle comes a bit late. If the gun is fired, the muzzle appears a bit late.

I agree.

First sound, then light.

Intended for what reason?
Having the last bullets in a magazine as tracers is a way to let the shooter know the mag is nearly empty.

Yay!

I think the current limit of 30 minutes is too long though. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to go from setOvercast 0 to 1, and it takes 30 minutes to go from 0.5 to 0.6.

30 Minutes? Makes the command useless. That means <n> in "n setOvercast x" is obsolete now.

I am scripting for SP/client only and 30 minutes seems unnecessarily long. Well at least it explains why setOvercast did nothing when I e.g. tested with "5 setOvercast 1". Last but not least we NEED "0 setOvercast x" for script initialisation...

I have made a lot of tweaks to a weather script but the most important part (clouds) does not work... And yes, I implemented some (but often more unlikely) radical weather changes. Also, I have weather cycle length min/max, which will be also obsolete if n in [n setOvercast x] is obsolete...

Edited by tortuosit

I've been having issues with high command. It hasn't worked for me but the reason is weird. Left ctrl + space is the only keybinding for it, yet it doesn't work. but when I added a second keybinding it did work. For some reason the regular keybinding doesn't work at all for me. There is no other action using that left ctrl + space so I don't get it, but at least it works now with other keys.

I probably have an addon that is interfering.

Edited by Victim9l3

From today's change log

•FIX: Fatigue now affects animation speed properly

That looks particularly interesting.... downloading

Fatigue now affects animation speed properly

That looks particularly interesting.... downloading

As the initial implementation wasn't ideal, the current state is a WIP, with the goal of improving the link between fatigue state and animation speed.

It's probably a bit OTT right now.

Best,

RiE

Can see a difference between fatigued and fresh, good. Normal speed = 15, fatigued = 12.

And what about the lowering weapon thing? It is to prevent the "stop while on the move"?

ADDED: New lowering of weapons (work in progress)

What is this in particular ? Just a new animation ? I can't see a lot of difference between this and the old one.

Can see a difference between fatigued and fresh, good. Normal speed = 15, fatigued = 12.

Nice to hear, a good addition.

Can't figure out what has changed here though?

As for setOvercast: I found out "simulWeatherSync" does create all the cloud coverage immediately. a) still not sure if smooth transitions are available at all and b) -> simulWeatherSync is cpu heavy and gives me a 0.5s lag on my client.

Small thing but my gaming time has been reseted. Steam says I've played only 20mins. Anyone else have this or am I the only one? I'm not that familiar with Steam that can they suddenly reset at some point.

Small thing but my gaming time has been reseted. Steam says I've played only 20mins. Anyone else have this or am I the only one? I'm not that familiar with Steam that can they suddenly reset at some point.

Mine says that I have played far more Arma3 than is possible... :p. In other words, my timer has not been reset.

you need realize such sync causes rendering recalc (lighting etc) ...

ofc i aim to get done some universal weather MP sync (everything properly synced) from server (as server is always right)

same goes about time ...

Can someone explain?

Can someone explain?

weapon is no more clipping into the model, as i saw from testing.

but if you lower weapon while walking, you keep walking a few steps without pressing

w for walk.

Mine says that I have played far more Arma3 than is possible... :p. In other words, my timer has not been reset.

OK then never mind it must be Steam issue then.

OK then never mind it must be Steam issue then.

Mine says 30 minutes now, used to say 100 hours.

And what about the lowering weapon thing? It is to prevent the "stop while on the move"?

honestly having tried that its still not much difference and at no point does one actually be forced to stop running. its 4th gear vs 5th gear now. as step in the right direction for sure tho.

:) ta bis.

Actually if you will lower your weapon when fatigued you will move at combat pace speed while with a raised weapon fatigued jog will be faster. For some reason.

20% slower movement speed when max fatigue isn't enough.

Mine says 30 minutes now, used to say 100 hours.

Aww and I just hit 1000 hours last night.