Yup, the voice overs have been changed! The actors are really good as well :)

Though what language is that exactly? From the helicopter showcase, the first radio segment sounded rather asian than south-asian.

Through listening phonetically and using google translate, I'm led to believe it's actually Greek. When you land at M-26 and you go "go, go, go!" I thought that sounded like "ham-eh" or something; turns out it was πάμε which is pronounced páme.

At least, parts of it could be. Although some don't sound greek at all so who knows xP

EDIT: Another perhaps Greek bit? Understood, moving in to land = Εννοείται κινείται σε γη, aka, Ennoeítai kineítai se gi, which sounds like it does in the game.

Edited by Maio

On the topic of Altis - this is the direct quote from the most recent livestream:

"...just to get it out there, you know, a little bit before launch would be really useful. We'd be looking maybe sometime around Gamescom to get this into the Dev Branch players' hands"

Altis drums are rollin'.... Can't wait :) :) :) Though I must say the love for Chernarus can hardly be replaced.

I take the radio protocol for CSAT is also coming? Nice.

I'd bet Farsi, which is the language of Iran

I'd have taken a bet that they'd reuse some samples from OA.

Through listening phonetically and using google translate, I'm led to believe it's actually Greek. When you land at M-26 and you go "go, go, go!" I thought that sounded like "ham-eh" or something; turns out it was πάμε which is pronounced páme.

At least, parts of it could be. Although some don't sound greek at all so who knows xP

EDIT: Another perhaps Greek bit? Understood, moving in to land = Εννοείται κινείται σε γη, aka, Ennoeítai kineítai se gi, which sounds like it does in the game.

Well it sounds a little Turkish to me... :confused: But the playback is not ideal on the PC I'm on right now ( cracks, pops, micro cuts in the audio)

Very cool new CSAT language, I like playing as opfor, and this is definitely a nice addition.

Altis drums are rollin'.... Can't wait :) :) :) Though I must say the love for Chernarus can hardly be replaced.

Definitely. It's hard to move over to something new given how nostalgic Chernarus is to me at this point. Love the claustrophobia of those forests :)

I want the euro voices, need British speaker :)

+1.

You starting the cult of jsrs? I know the sound is terrible but your sig reads almost hysterical LOL :p

To be honest I'm now considering not releasing, my mindset keeps telling me, If i do this BIS have even less emphasis to fix the audio engine, of which my mod can only extend from. Sadly the reason why I decided to run with this was to make a good distant environment but i cant even do that because of the engine not returning launched projectiles.

Edited by Bigpickle

Wonder whether all the CSAT speakers will sound like Marc too...

I'd have taken a bet that they'd reuse some samples from OA.

Takistanis spoke arabic I'm fairly sure

Afghani and arabic is not the same language. They spoke afghani im pretty sure :). Actually there are two official languages in Afghanistan Pastho and Dari and they are subfamily to the Iranian language. Info taken from Wiki.

Edited by Nikiforos

I vote they talk in smurf, my kids would love that.

I want the euro voices, need British speaker :)

Jay Crowe is British and I hear him screaming for "help" all the time in game :D

After the UAV is landed by AI (Waypoint or Autopilot), will it leave the runway and cross the grass field between hangars and runway and go to a standby position. In this case, the UAV will get some damage. After the UAV is in standby it is not able to restart. There is no visible damage.

After i do "_UAV setdamage 0;", the UAV will start/roll again.

I made a Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13047

Edited by V-zwo_Null

I vote they talk in smurf, my kids would love that.

No they won't.

:P

I hope they fix the SLI problem soon... I only have 1 GTX690 yet some PIP monitors flicker still .

What data lock?

they lock down files about 2 weeks out, so no new changes, only clear bug fixes by QA. at the same time the devs normally start on a day one patch for whatever dosn't make the QA threshold of golding. don't expect any big feature changes that might break more then they fix once they lockdown. that stuff all goes into the first patches.

the lockdown could be further out then 2 weeks, since they have retail copies as well, maybe as much as a month (would explain the beta standard locking down about now), likely the dev branch is about to, or already has, swaped over to the dayone patch cycle