The new effects for SABOT impacts are very nice, but as mentioned before maybe a bit too much smoke? And I think that the glowing particles should have a higher initial speed.. to make the impact seem more violent. And they also don't glow very much at night.

While testing the new effects I noticed that it's really hard to destroy the panther with armor piercing rounds, but the panther easily disables the kamysh with just a few grenades. Is it supposed to be like that?

UAVs, the most fun I have had with my clothes on.

Couple of questions though, whos clever idea was it to have Stevie Wonder as their driving instructor?

BIS, when oh when are we going to get a Fixed Wing control config? I would like to use my joystic for them.

You can use your joystick for flying UAV. Just set joystick to left turn right turn as well as cyclic left and right.

2013-08-17_00001_zps68a7b862.jpg

The new effects for SABOT impacts are very nice, but as mentioned before maybe a bit too much smoke? And I think that the glowing particles should have a higher initial speed.. to make the impact seem more violent. And they also don't glow very much at night.

While testing the new effects I noticed that it's really hard to destroy the panther with armor piercing rounds, but the panther easily disables the kamysh with just a few grenades. Is it supposed to be like that?

I have logged an issue ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12931

all the animals from sites module still show as civilian kills.

lol, I seem to remember someone requested that

+1 also is needed that the autonomous GREYHAWK has a quite AI to fly in circle over the target without take control from players

You can use the laser designator on the Greyhawk to shoot wherever you want. You just have to lase the target for a couple of seconds until there's a red square, which usually indicates an enemy target, at the lased position, then the "pilot" shoots it's missiles at the laser designated position. But as I said, it can take a while until he does and I have to agree with you that the gunner should ultimately decide when to launch the missile.

How to change airplane keys in arma 3: just load arma 3 with AiA and you will get airplane key options available.

Perhaps the 40mm shouldn't destroy the Kamysh nearly as fast as it does, but the 30mm Sabot rounds shouldn't be able to penetrate the Panther afaik. It's a very heavily armored tank chassis, and it's kinda slow too (if we want to talk balance).

Perhaps the 40mm shouldn't destroy the Kamysh nearly as fast as it does, but the 30mm Sabot rounds shouldn't be able to penetrate the Panther afaik. It's a very heavily armored tank chassis, and it's kinda slow too (if we want to talk balance).

I think it should be vulnerable but a little weaker than now. Saying it should be impenetrable is frankly, too unrealistic, even for balancing's sake - it is only designed to be an IFV, not some huge ass tank :/

But yes, like the idea.

I think it should be vulnerable but a little weaker than now. Saying it should be impenetrable is frankly, too unrealistic, even for balancing's sake - it is only designed to be an IFV, not some huge ass tank :/

But yes, like the idea.

It is designed on a huge ass tanks chassis and without the weight of tank ammo and barrel and that weight was replaced with armor. People say the armor on it is a crazy amount.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

The panther is also too small right now in game: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11600

It is designed on a huge ass tanks chassis and without the weight of tank ammo and barrel and that weight was replaced with armor. People say the armor on it is a crazy amount.

Perhaps, but even if it is designed on a tank chassis, it should still be able to take a SABOT round. Especially when nowadays (and almost certainly in 2035) the shells could/would contain depleted uranium.

Perhaps, but even if it is designed on a tank chassis, it should still be able to take a SABOT round. Especially when nowadays (and almost certainly in 2035) the shells could/would contain depleted uranium.

Not saying it souldn't take a SABOT but it should definitely be more resistant to other weapons and mines.

+1 also is needed that the autonomous GREYHAWK has a quite AI to fly in circle over the target without take control from players

You can add a waypoint (loiter) and the UAV will circle around it.

But, the circle is too small and you can not aim with the laser. One wing is allways in your line of sight.

Another point is, the UAV is too fast. The time between search, identify , lase, trargeting and the Ai will fire a rocket is too short.

Also, in maximum zoom and lase, my obtics will massivly shake.

But, the circle is too small and you can not aim with the laser.

Might be an idea to add an option for the radius of the loiter waypoint.

But, the circle is too small and you can not aim with the laser. One wing is allways in your line of sight.

Another point is, the UAV is too fast. The time between search, identify , lase, trargeting and the Ai will fire a rocket is too short.

UAV is supposed to be fast to avoid bent shot down.

Where exactly are the rounds impacting?

I've tried firing at the panther from several directions shooting at the chassi.

Does anyone know what the muzzle velocity is on the SABOT rounds? If it's anywhere near that of a GAU-8, I think it should be able to deal a substantial amount of damage.

You can use the laser designator on the Greyhawk to shoot wherever you want. You just have to lase the target for a couple of seconds until there's a red square, which usually indicates an enemy target, at the lased position, then the "pilot" shoots it's missiles at the laser designated position. But as I said, it can take a while until he does and I have to agree with you that the gunner should ultimately decide when to launch the missile.

Which is still ultimatley a horrible system. They need to take after the UAV script/mod from ArmA 1. The turret had a stablized system, and could "lock" onto a ground location, so the camera sticks to that point. You could then turn on the laser and fire your missiles. In real life there is on man controlling the laser and the hell fires from one location. They are still using the same system from ArmA 2 where the UAV has "invisible pilots" in it doing two different tasks.

Created a feedback ticket on it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12971

I tried that. A loiter waypoint over a target at the Agia Marina military base. He circled around once then flew to the south end of the island, turned around and landed. Not at all what I wanted to have happen.

I tried that. A loiter waypoint over a target at the Agia Marina military base. He circled around once then flew to the south end of the island, turned around and landed. Not at all what I wanted to have happen.

A cycle waypoint would help that issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12852

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

I created a ticket for the ability to set unmanned vehicles speed, the ticket would fix your issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12969

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I also made a ticket for the ability to "pre-plan" your unmanned vehicles path and actions and tell it when you want it to preform these actions: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12970

I've had this happen. I think I accidentally put a land waypoint somewhere and after that no matter what waypoints i gave it it would always just go back to the airfield to land.

I've had this happen. I think I accidentally put a land waypoint somewhere and after that no matter what waypoints i gave it it would always just go back to the airfield to land.

Make feedback tracker ticket that the landing waypoint can't be aborted.

40mm Sabot rounds have -tiny- amounts of energy behind them compared to MBT main armaments. The Namer/Panther was designed to defeat MBT. In fact, of all weapons in the game, only the AT missiles should be able to put a dent in it. It is more heavily armored than the Merkava/Slammer.

What should happen though is that you'd get shaken around inside the tank, and hear a -ton- of noise on impact.