Ãs it just me, or is it still impossible to finish the Nato,AAF and CSAT showcase missions?

There is a special exit area (check the map) which will end and finish the showcases.

in dev branch (not sure about RC) when playing the kart time trials, the race marshal will not fire his starting pistol

anyone else getting crashing in campaign (bingo fuel) after this most recent dev branch update? showcase drones also crashes. but infantry showcase works fine.

Edited by twisted

There is a special exit area (check the map) which will end and finish the showcases.

I see, I've finished the last showcase now, but they won't get checked in the showcase menu. That's kinda confusing and unsatisfying to have 3 missions unchecked even if you've done them.

I see, I've finished the last showcase now, but they won't get checked in the showcase menu. That's kinda confusing and unsatisfying to have 3 missions unchecked even if you've done them.

Agree,

1.40 RC bug:

I played the Combined Arms showcase yesterday. I picked up enemy's zafir and ammunition. When i was out of ammo i searched another auto-rifleman(enemy) and picked up his ammunition. The available magazines was visible on the top right corner. When i tried to reload it it's disappeared one. I tried it again and then disappeared the other. I was out of ammo again. After that i want to pickup another weapon but leave my scope. I take down my scope to my inventory(i was double checked that it's there). Picked up enemy's weapon and the scope wasn't in my inventory. I have the saves and i will try to reproduce it again.

Edit: After loading the mission again and firing less ammunition it wasn't happened.

Confirmed in 1.40 RC build. Bummer.

Added: Magazine compatibility improvement with new property magazineGroup (documentation WIP inbounce)

Interesting. No more need for per weapon hardcoded magazine classnames? :butbut:

Sounds interesting indeed, and is probably useful for us addon makers. Looking forward to reading documentation :)

Sounds interesting indeed, and is probably useful for us addon makers. Looking forward to reading documentation :)

And here it is :icon_twisted:

Changed: AI sight now limited by object view distance, not landscape view distance
Hmm interesting change.

PlayMusic seens to be broken in 1.40 RC... the sound stop playing after 20 - 25 Sec. Worked in 1.38 !

Also my CPU usage sucks a bit but dont know if this was better in the last version.

I have Intel I7 - 4790K with 4GH and 8 Thread (HT) i use -CpuCount=4 and exThreads=7 but only 1 Core is running on 95% ! all others sleeping with 2 - 10% load ?

btw... Distance from "SAY" and "PlaySound3D" are still not working !

Edited by R34P3R

Nice Magazine compatibility group , now add Magazine proxy while you at it :icon_twisted:

Was this parameter always there, or is this a clue of what's to come?

2f0ah5d.jpg

magazineGroup[] = {""}; did not work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe it did not make it into the update? I cannot see it configured for any of the vanilla weapons. My version number is the same as what todays dev-branch update changelog says.

Hmm interesting change.

I honestly couldn't believe that it didn't already work that way when I just saw that.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2f0ah5d.jpg

I think that determines what the magazine looks like when dropped on the ground (though I hope its a possible Magazine proxy integration though I am more than likely wrong).

And attachmentSlotGroups while you're at it! :icon_twisted:

class compatibleItems already provides this functionality, more or less.

PlayMusic seens to be broken in 1.40 RC... the sound stop playing after 20 - 25 Sec. Worked in 1.38 !

Also my CPU usage sucks a bit but dont know if this was better in the last version.

I have Intel I7 - 4790K with 4GH and 8 Thread (HT) i use -CpuCount=4 and exThreads=7 but only 1 Core is running on 95% ! all others sleeping with 2 - 10% load ?

playMusic works fine in my RC. Is it broken for you completely or just in some particular situation/mission? (and without mods of course)

And that kind of core usage probably has always been like that. It sounds normal in some circumstances.

You should try -enableht instead of the -cpucount.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2f0ah5d.jpg

magazineGroup[] = {""}; did not work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe it did not make it into the update? I cannot see it configured for any of the vanilla weapons. My version number is the same as what todays dev-branch update changelog says.

Hmm there's actual weight value in the config? damn we should use that instead of mass , only if it was that easy :j:

also about magazinegroup - most likely it will be added later into dev

And here it is :icon_twisted:

This is probably my favourite feature of all time (the new, community-feedback-shaped initSpeed is a close second). Any chance this will make it into 1.40?

I wish they split source="reloadMagazine"; into two sources. "reloadMagazineEmpty" and "reloadMagazineLoaded" where the difference is whether you have a round in the chamber or not. This would not only benefit me, but could be used for vanilla weapons too.

I know the game does not simulate chambered rounds (yet) but this can be implemented anyway. Just check how many rounds is in the magazine that is to be exhanged, and see if it's 0 or >0.

I wish they split source="reloadMagazine"; into two sources. "reloadMagazineEmpty" and "reloadMagazineLoaded" where the difference is whether you have a round in the chamber or not. This would not only benefit me, but could be used for vanilla weapons too.

it could be but also it would require a special anim source for "reloadMagazineEmpty" then we could use the ragular "reloadMagazine" for loaded state

also i still don't get what's with the "isEmptyNoReload" when it works the same as "isEmpty"?

Edited by RobertHammer

class compatibleItems already provides this functionality, more or less.

Yep, I'm aware. Sadly the implementation there is lacking compared to magazine groups.

With magazine groups, you can do this...

// Weapon config
magazines[] = {"TEN_testMagGroup", "my_nonexisting_mag_group", "RHS_STANAG", "BIS_STANAG"};
// Magazine config
magazineGroup[] = {"TEN_testMagGroup", "certainly_nonexisting_group", "AGM_STANAG"};

...seemingly without a care in the world. No need to worry about which addons are loaded or not and think about having to create separate extra .pbo's for compatiblity with other mods.

While the attachments way of doing it is the reason we have a JAM type addon and extra compatibility config .pbos for almost every mod out there. :(

Has anyone else noticed that Arma 3 resets the Shadow View Distance everytime to restart the game?