How hard would it be for BIS to implement something like Enhanced Soundscape for Arma 3? For example,

(Skip to about half way for the sounds)

i made this video using Arma 3's Vanila Marksman sounds, with Enhanced Soundscape. The plain Dev sounds are great, but the Soundscape makes it sound REAL. It's almost hard playing without it these days.

So my question is, how hard would it be for them to implement a sound system like this, with slightest and most non-existent FPS hit, that would be vanilla to the game?

How hard would it be for BIS to implement something like Enhanced Soundscape for Arma 3? For example,

(Skip to about half way for the sounds)

i made this video using Arma 3's Vanila Marksman sounds, with Enhanced Soundscape. The plain Dev sounds are great, but the Soundscape makes it sound REAL. It's almost hard playing without it these days.

So my question is, how hard would it be for them to implement a sound system like this, with slightest and most non-existent FPS hit, that would be vanilla to the game?

Latest sitrep hints that they are already on it.

"Hints" is the operative word, but yeah apparently the current sounds aren't the intended end state.

They confirmed "environmental sounds" but I don't think it will be implemented the same way as L_ES. I suspect it will be a simpler and more performance friendly implementation, but it is confirmed nonetheless.

Here is the confirmation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29&p=2884456#post2884456

Can anyone remind me if at one point the beanbag bunkers (Bunker Small, Bunker Large and Bunker Tower) were destructible? I know they were in ARMA2 but recently I noticed they are not in ARMA3 (since before this dev-branch). Some digging revealed they are simply missing destructionEffects in the config but I'm wondering when this happened.

But I think what people like DarkSideSixOfficial were wondering was whether having a attachment slot for de/attachable bipods will be a fourth slot in the inventory, or whether weapons can still only have three attachments (one in each type of slot).

RH noticed that the latest Report In article appears to answer that question in one of the screenshots:

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/report_in_programming_3.jpg

Can see there's a new slot between the muzzle slot and pointer slot in the inventory which contains a bipod silhouette.

Edited by da12thMonkey

RH noticed that the latest Report In article appears to answer that question in one of the screenshots:

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/report_in_programming_3.jpg

Can see there's a new slot between the muzzle slot and pointer slot in the inventory which contains a bipod silhouette.

Woah, I missed that. Thanks for posting.

It's me or infantry movements are totally broken ?

"w" binded to "move forward" make me walk as "slow forward" instead of "fast forward", and I can't use combat pace.

It's me or infantry movements are totally broken ?

"w" binded to "move forward" make me walk as "slow forward" instead of "fast forward", and I can't use combat pace.

Make sure you check your layout. They may have changed it to Arma 3 Layout in Dev Branch, on stable I use Arma 2 controls, and in Arma 3, switch combat pace is "S" and "w" at the same time. It can be confusing, so always check your controls.

I've checked and tried different combinaisons, but "move forward" is stuck with "slow forward" :-/

I've checked and tried different combinaisons, but "move forward" is stuck with "slow forward" :-/

For whatever reason you now start missions walking by default. Just walk forward and while you're holding W, tap S. That should toggle you back to running and allow you to use combat pace.

For whatever reason you now start missions walking by default.

Can confirm this. Happens to me too.

supercereal4;2890835]For whatever reason you now start missions walking by default. Just walk forward and while you're holding W, tap S. That should toggle you back to running and allow you to use combat pace.

I think many people don't know this. And many think that jog is walk and sprint is jog. Consequently their trouble managing fatigue.

A solution might be in adjusting the defaults to be a bit more expected for casual players.

Something like: Walk as default. Shift + walk for jog. Double tap shift to toggle walk/run. And double tap w for sprint. And maybe sprinting should lower rifle by default unless in combat pace.

Some sounds are extremely muffled sometimes without rhyme or reason. Anybody else getting this? Is it supposed to be the grounds for a suppression system or something?

Some sounds are extremely muffled sometimes without rhyme or reason. Anybody else getting this? Is it supposed to be the grounds for a suppression system or something?

Yep, getting it write often.

Unless the sounds come from a distance then no and it's probably a bug. Can you post a video and some more details about the issue, please? (since when are you experiencing it, whether all sounds are muffled, or just some (which ones?),....)

Unless the sounds come from a distance then no and it's probably a bug. Can you post a video and some more details about the issue, please? (since when are you experiencing it, whether all sounds are muffled, or just some (which ones?),....)
A player's own footsteps and radio messages are sometimes muffled. It seems to happen randomly.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22878

I have been having this too. It appeared when the distance attenuation filter was pushed to dev-branch. My guess is something is not right with the distance calculation, which causes even near sounds to be attenuated sometimes.

I noticed in the NATO Showcase when firing Mk18 EBR, also i didn't get the check mark in Showcase after leaving the exit.

Is high command broken in the dev bulid at the moment? Can anyone confirm please?

cheers

Is high command broken in the dev bulid at the moment? Can anyone confirm please?

cheers

Working fine for me. In which way is it broken for you?