Thing is, you're already looking up (relative to your body) when swimming forwards underwater, to look "proper" up (relative to the sea-floor) you'd have to break your own neck. Looking down should obviously not be an issue (relative to your body you're looking straight ahead).

True, but in a game, i'd like not to have to complicate an already buggy feature (swimming), in tight spaces. It's fine in open water, but when it comes to something i was doing earlier, involving underwater hallways, it's quite a pain to not be able to glance up, without swimming up. Theoretically, if i wanted to do so without break my neck, i would simply roll on my back, in which case, is impossible in Arma without a complete flip in direction. Then things just get more and more complicated. Weather the head thing is intentional or not, no clue, but... idk. I'd like it fixed is all. EDIT:(I just realized that if this is supposed to be an AI improvement for AI in water situations, than nvm, i can live with it.)

On another serious note, BIS, would it be possible to implement a connection between Squad XML, and Arm Patch in the same XML in the future? For example, In one XML, the code of the Squad Insignia is already there, but the left Arm Patch can be added via. the same XML, just with a different code call? (i know jack about scripting. Lol, just curious, i really want to make my own custom Arm Patch) I know the Arm Patch feature isn't in yet.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

please Bis in the next update retex the files tech_co.paa and tech_oucamo_co.paa on back side in this manner we have a two additional vest for the CSAT!

2014-09-26_00001.jpg

Is combat pace broken? I can only walk very slowly or run.

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

AI units exiting spawned landed AI chopper is still working very unstable (also in 1.40RC). This code and 6-1 eject-command have no effect:

{
unassignvehicle _x; _x action ["Eject",vehicle _x];
} foreach units group player;

And when using 4-1, the chopper (that have no move-command given and is under chopper land "GET IN") often lift up making the team-member fall to death before it lands again. You can see the issue when start WLA with chopper insertion. Issue wasnt there with current official build.

The code and 6-1 seem to work when trying it with empty chopper and AI chopper placed in editor, but something can make it fail. I cant find, when it stops to work. Have had the same chopper insertion for year and now it suddently dont work.

When I was playing around a little bit earlier today, I noticed the player character is in walking mode at mission start, not running. However, combat pace worked fine.

Yes, sorry could be I tried to enable combat pace when was in walking mode. Currently in 1.40RC and working fine when first rising weapon.

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

AI units exiting spawned landed AI chopper is still working very unstable (also in 1.40RC). This code and 6-1 eject-command have no effect:

{

And when using 4-1, the chopper (that have no move-command given and is under chopper land "GET IN") often lift up making the team-member fall to death before it lands again. You can see the issue when start WLA with chopper insertion. Issue wasnt there with current official build.

The code and 6-1 seem to work when trying it with empty chopper and AI chopper placed in editor, but something can make it fail. I cant find, when it stops to work. Have had the same chopper insertion for year and now it suddently dont work.

Repalce "Eject" with "GetOut", works fine for landed choppers.

Random Error in 1.40RC

1:29:49 Error in expression <_priorNew = _priors select _cause;
if (_priorNew > _priorCur) exitWith 
{
_oldD>
1:29:49   Error position: <_priorNew > _priorCur) exitWith 
{
_oldD>
1:29:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: _priornew

Thanks, could try that "GetOut", even strange if the "Efect" wouldnt work anymore if landed.

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

1.40RC started to work bad suddently, went back to editor and launched mission again (preview). This time it struggles to load textures and sounds are missing. Only if pressing esc, waiting some time and unpausing, the sounds returned but still much stutter and ground texture issue. Using SSD and never seen that before. Before the issue, 1.40RC ran very smooth for around 1.5hours. CPU temps good, and SSD have much empty space.

When I was playing around a little bit earlier today, I noticed the player character is in walking mode at mission start, not running. However, combat pace worked fine.

Same for me using 1.41.129406. Is this intended? I hope not.

Same for me using 1.41.129406. Is this intended? I hope not.

its not hard to change that. press s while walking forward and you start always jogging. but you knew that already. Maybe starting off as walking is a smart way to make people see that jogging isnt walking and thereby help them comprehend and manage their fatigue a bit better.

There seems to be something awry with the behaviour/FSM of the various ambient animals with recent dev builds.

createAgent ["Goat_random_F",position player, [], 0, "NONE"];

This code spawns a goat near the player. Previously, this goat would then wander around grazing and doing goatlike things. With the latest dev builds the goat behaves normally for a few seconds and then freezes.

createAgent ["Hen_random_F",position player, [], 0, "NONE"];

Chicken freezes after a few seconds

createAgent ["Sheep_random_F",position player, [], 0, "NONE"];

The spawned sheep now runs around endlessly, never stopping.

createAgent ["Fin_random_F",position player, [], 0, "NONE"];

Dog behaves normally.

I know this seems like a trivial observation but for those of us trying to run ambient animal scripts to liven the place up, these latest changes are reducing functionality quite a bit.

Could windows deflection be removed or get broken from one shot? It's just too much in my opinion because shooting windows is the only way to break them and it takes multiple shots. The deflection is just too much at 150m target and imagine that for a sniper that tries to shoot 1000m target...

Could windows deflection be removed or get broken from one shot? It's just too much in my opinion because shooting windows is the only way to break them and it takes multiple shots. The deflection is just too much at 150m target and imagine that for a sniper that tries to shoot 1000m target...

I totally agree with you , windows seem indestructible.

Sniping a target far away, while having a piece of glass just after the muzzle is a bad idea. Glass does affect the path of projectiles. It's realistic. Would be nice if we could break the glass before taking the shot though. Try using a sidearm with suppressor to break it.

To break a window shoot where it meets the frame, most of the time one shot with the pistol will work.

Trying to hit a target just behind a window with a HMG at close range should not take this many shots.

Edited by alky_lee

its not hard to change that. press s while walking forward and you start always jogging. but you knew that already. Maybe starting off as walking is a smart way to make people see that jogging isnt walking and thereby help them comprehend and manage their fatigue a bit better.

In some custom missions, I want the player running at start BY DESIGN. Is there a way to to disable this new auto-walk mode at mission start?

Hello,

Sitrep #92 mentions that you can now raise and lower the Strider's periscope:

The second feature allows players to control the elevation of a turret, in addition to the usual rotation. The specific example here is the Strider armored car, which has a commander periscope that now can be raised and lowered to sneak a peek from behind concealment.

However, I was unable to do this on the dev branch. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I misunderstand them and BI doesn't actually want to implement this for the strider, but instead leave the option for modders?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't know what the proper place is.

Hello,

Sitrep #92 mentions that you can now raise and lower the Strider's periscope:

However, I was unable to do this on the dev branch. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I misunderstand them and BI doesn't actually want to implement this for the strider, but instead leave the option for modders?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't know what the proper place is.

It's implemented on the Strider. Make sure you have keys bound to the "Keyboard > View > Raise Turret / Lower Turret"

That works! Thank you so much. The one feature I wanted the most and expected the least. This is so awesome!

So I don't know if this is an old thing, but HandleDamage isn't returning the correct selection. No matter where I shoot a guy, the handler returns "legs" as the damaged selection. It also returns "" for damage inflicted by mortars.

So, this issue has been apparent since the downfall of GameSpy, and i need help. I go to the Multiplayer list, press New, start a server. I select Internet, it's on Port 2302 as it states. I go ahead, select the mission file, and ready up. I wait for people to join the server, but for some reason, it doesn't exist. AT ALL. No one can join me. They can't find it on the server list, and joining through steam says, "Server Not Responding". I could've sworn this was fixed awhile ago, but i guess not.

Do you have an ipv4 or ipv6 (without dual stack) internet access? Port-forwarding with an ipv6 internet access is not possible (and won't ever be, as it seems). It's a global issue and doesn't only affect A3. Basically, any type of hosting gets very very difficult with that type of access.

What happened in the last build,the recently fixed teamswitch was broken again.

Do you have an ipv4 or ipv6 (without dual stack) internet access? Port-forwarding with an ipv6 internet access is not possible (and won't ever be, as it seems). It's a global issue and doesn't only affect A3. Basically, any type of hosting gets very very difficult with that type of access.

No idea, tried Forward Porting but it didn't work. I miss the days when i could host a server effortlessly and have buddies join just as easily.

[/color]AI units exiting spawned landed AI chopper is still working very unstable (also in 1.40RC). This code and 6-1 eject-command have no effect:

{

Happens when the group is in combat. Unassigning the vehicle after the action command also makes the AI get out, but you're right that previously it worked (both ways).

Could you please try to create a striped-down repro for this one? I believe I've seen it somewhere already, but can't reproduce it :/

(It can happen when the helicopter is landing and someone gets underneath it - then it aborts the landing, even if some other unit was already in the boarding process. But that's probably not this case)

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Trying to hit a target just behind a window with a HMG at close range should not take this many shots.

I believe you missed the target (right by its neck) with the first burst. You only hit him later as you move the aim to the right. I've tried some targets behind glass with an HMG and was always able to score a 1 shot kill.

But if you find a situation, place, etc. where it seems off, please give us more details - coordinates of the building, which window, what weapon/ammo and what distance.

The deflection of glass should be minimal (after this change).

But it shouldn't be completely non-existent (empirical evidence ;)).