Was there something done with ragdoll physics? Previously, if I made a line of different soldiers with removeAllWeapons and disableAI "ANIM", no matter from what direction and where I shot them - leg, arm, torso, back of the head - they all always fell in the same pose. Only way to slightly change that pose was to use powerfull explosion for killng. But now (1.41.129406) they all falling differently, as if bodies have some more, I don't know - bounciness :icon_twisted:? Me like :).

Okay I finally decided to go devbranch. How do I get rid of that what I guess is a debug screen in the middle of the monitor... is it a thing I can select in-game to get rid of? or part of the init string for the launcher?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i35rm0mh9xs7b6/arma3%202015-02-22%2022-18-27-40.jpg?dl=0

Okay it only shows up when I'm doing a game on LAN, in the Editor it goes away... this something that should be going on while "online"?

Edited by EricJ

Most realistic physics simulation ever.:D

Edited by Danil-ch

In latest Dev branch i seem to have found an error. Reloading certain weapons removes their magaizne entirely without putting the bullets in the weapon. weapons affected are lynx and the zafir lmg so far.

View My Video

edit it only happened in this tipping point mission.

edit - redoing the previous mission elimated the error.

Edited by twisted

Okay I finally decided to go devbranch. How do I get rid of that what I guess is a debug screen in the middle of the monitor... is it a thing I can select in-game to get rid of? or part of the init string for the launcher?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i35rm0mh9xs7b6/arma3%202015-02-22%2022-18-27-40.jpg?dl=0

Okay it only shows up when I'm doing a game on LAN, in the Editor it goes away... this something that should be going on while "online"?

Those are script errors. The mission you are playing has scripting errors in the vehicle.sqf script in the root of it's mission folder.

They are not shown by default in the stable branch, probably because BI doesn't want the problems stemming from custom scripts reflecting negatively on the game ("Ooh, this game is full of bugs, look at all the errors on the screen") or to impact players even when custom script features might be broken. On the stable branch you can turn this on with -showScriptErrors.

On the dev branch, it defaults to on because it allows for the community to catch any errors that might have sprung up in BI code, so it doesn't reach the stable branch. I do not believe there is a way to turn them off (and there really shouldn't be, defeats the purpose of the branch).

Edited by Sniperwolf572

You should play with without mods if you are testing dev branch

(to find problems stemming from vannila configurations, without any interference from mods)

probably because BI doesn't want the problems stemming from custom scripts reflecting negatively on the game ("Ooh, this game is full of bugs, look at all the errors on the screen") or to impact players even when custom script features might be broken

If I remember correctly Karel wanted script errors enabled everywhere by default, however this caused quite a shitstorm among community.

If I remember correctly Karel wanted script errors enabled everywhere by default, however this caused quite a shitstorm among community.

I can see the arguments of both sides. The problem is that those error messages are incredibly intrusive, especially when you have no clue what they mean and when they show up but aren't fatal.

Binary, either they're on or off is not a solution, because the problem is the presentation of those script errors not the presence of them.

A simple "console" type of a scrollable dialog that you could open with a keybind that would show you the output of the .rpt within the game would be an ideal solution, and could be active in the main branch as well.

Thanks, uokej. :) Good to know, will change that code. Also the getout-action worked. Trying to prepare repro soon for that 4-1 lifting up. Could be the chopper have also spotted enemies if that causes it.

I shot a few quadbikes with a Katiba until they were destroyed. They don't explode like they used to. Now they just quietly catch fire. Was there any change regarding this? With all the complaints from people about the exploding vehicles, I'm thinking this behaviour is new, and intentional. Is that true?

I shot a few quadbikes with a Katiba until they were destroyed. They don't explode like they used to. Now they just quietly catch fire. Was there any change regarding this? With all the complaints from people about the exploding vehicles, I'm thinking this behaviour is new, and intentional. Is that true?

Been like this for awhile now. =D

That is superb news if true. I have got my AI team killed 100s of times by driving the small truck into tiny fence. They never made away from the car in time. :)

Those are script errors. The mission you are playing has scripting errors in the vehicle.sqf script in the root of it's mission folder.

They are not shown by default in the stable branch, probably because BI doesn't want the problems stemming from custom scripts reflecting negatively on the game ("Ooh, this game is full of bugs, look at all the errors on the screen") or to impact players even when custom script features might be broken. On the stable branch you can turn this on with -showScriptErrors.

On the dev branch, it defaults to on because it allows for the community to catch any errors that might have sprung up in BI code, so it doesn't reach the stable branch. I do not believe there is a way to turn them off (and there really shouldn't be, defeats the purpose of the branch).

Yeah I did some hunting and pecking on the Wiki and it only stays persistent when I'm using a mission on LAN as opposed in the Editor where it goes away after a minute or so.

That is superb news if true. I have got my AI team killed 100s of times by driving the small truck into tiny fence. They never made away from the car in time. :)

It's still pretty lame that the wheels get destroyed when you crash into something though. For example, trying to drive through those small wire mesh fences in an offroad usually results in the wheels disappearing. And yesterday I crashed into a rock while driving the civilian truck, and the truck exploded.

It's still pretty lame that the wheels get destroyed when you crash into something though. For example, trying to drive through those small wire mesh fences in an offroad usually results in the wheels disappearing. And yesterday I crashed into a rock while driving the civilian truck, and the truck exploded.

Must have been going fast. You can crash through those fences easily depending on speed. The Civilian van's however, are weak in the fuel, and will explode if crashed at medium to high speeds. I think the wheels break signify the damage done to a whole lot more than just the wheels themselves, in most cases wheels survive a lot of situation, but other parts of the vehicle get damaged, causing the car to be un-derivable afterwords. Though, if there's one thing i want changed, is the car turning to one side when damaged. I don't have a problem with it, but it's just... idk, over pronounced, considering most drive with keyboard and not a wheel which is easier to control mis-direction.

They changed the mass of those fences, which will be in the next update. Mass reduction should hopefully reduces the resistence when driver over them.

I just had to read the following line in todays change log:

Added: New actions for infantry weapon switching

Woaaah! You can't do that! This is breaking one of the key control paradigms, which has distinguished this series from mere shooters from its beginnings!

Now I am able to press one key to select my rifle, another one for my launcher, and yet another one for my pistol? Like they do in MW and CoD and Doom and all the others?

(Sorry, I had to do that ;) And many thanks for the feature. Better late than never :D)

Interesting changes in the controls optons. Finally weapon and grenade changing can be done with numbers without a hassle.

Too bad that mouse wheel doesn't work with stance adjustments and turret raise/lower. You guys still need to fix those. And give us variable plus mouse wheel so for example ctrl + mouse wheel up/down is possible.

interesting changes in the controls optons. Finally weapon and grenade changing can be done with numbers without a hassle.

Too bad that mouse wheel doesn't work with stance adjustments and turret raise/lower. You guys still need to fix those. And give us variable plus mouse wheel so for example ctrl + mouse wheel up/down is possible.

this +10^18

I just had to read the following line in todays change log:

Added: New actions for infantry weapon switching

Woaaah! You can't do that! This is breaking one of the key control paradigms, which has distinguished this series from mere shooters from its beginnings!

Now I am able to press one key to select my rifle, another one for my launcher, and yet another one for my pistol? Like they do in MW and CoD and Doom and all the others?

(Sorry, I had to do that ;) And many thanks for the feature. Better late than never :D)

Does it allow us to switch weapons whilst moving, as otherwise SniperWolf572's mod, which has been around for some time, is still better?

EDIT: This is the mod I mean http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158044-Switching-weapons-on-the-move

Edited by doveman

"Added: New actions for infantry weapon switching"

Til I tested this I thought we were going to get transitioning to pistol and rifle drop forward instead of on back.... oh well;-)

Interesting to see it's not "switch to launcher" - it's "switch to SECONDARY weapon"....... is it possible we may finally get to be able to carry an additional long-arm?! I really do hope so......

Does anyone know what the "multifunction camera" option under common is for?

cheers

Interesting changes in the controls optons. Finally weapon and grenade changing can be done with numbers without a hassle.

One of the oldest tickets in the Feedback Tracker, two years old almost, with an id in double digits has been in the feedback tracker even pre-alpha in regards to the improving the keybinding experience.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=96

Does it allow us to switch weapons whilst moving, as otherwise SniperWolf572's mod, which has been around for some time, is still better?

Not that I can see doveman;-(

Not that I can see doveman;-(

That's disappointing. It's hard to be grateful for BIS implementing a feature long after it's been provided by a mod, when they provide a worse implementation than the mod!