I have been looking through these posts in an attempt to find out how to raise my Strider's periscope. However, I have been unable to find the options in the "Controls" menu.

Here is what the bottom of my "view" tab (Where the option is said to be located):

**Edit** Cant post links until 1 day after register, so what is the name of the option im looking for?

Note: I am on an Epoch server, will this change anything / limit functionality and is this only implemented into basic modes of the game?

If you're on an Epoch server I assume you're not on devbranch? The turret raising/lowering isn't on stable yet I believe.

Anyone else missing the actual gunshot sound for the suppressed MX, I only hear the mechanical cycling sound, no shot.

MX is fine for me, but I noticed yesterday that the AAF LMG has reverted to how it was before the new sounds changes.

There is also something strange with pilot AI - it may lift up when AI units are dismounting after player using the 4-1. And the AI units jump to death (like if eject command was used), normally I think they have waited until the chopper is on ground again.

There is also something strange with pilot AI - it may lift up when AI units are dismounting after player using the 4-1. And the AI units jump to death (like if eject command was used), normally I think they have waited until the chopper is on ground again.

I only experienced this issue, when the time was set to x4 speed

I have been looking through these posts in an attempt to find out how to raise my Strider's periscope. However, I have been unable to find the options in the "Controls" menu.

Here is what the bottom of my "view" tab (Where the option is said to be located):

**Edit** Cant post links until 1 day after register, so what is the name of the option im looking for?

Note: I am on an Epoch server, will this change anything / limit functionality and is this only implemented into basic modes of the game?

The raising/lowering of the Strider periscope is currently not usable in Epoch unless the server is somehow running Arma 3's "development build", as the player controls for that feature aren't configured in the game's regular build/branch. On the dev build (aka dev branch) the "turn in" and "turn out" keybinds would be used.

The raising/lowering of the Strider periscope is currently not usable in Epoch unless the server is somehow running Arma 3's "development build", as the player controls for that feature aren't configured in the game's regular build/branch. On the dev build (aka dev branch) the "turn in" and "turn out" keybinds would be used.

Incorrect.

Switch to dev branch - bind keys for raise/lower turret - switch back to standard build - functionality remains(client side only). :)

Switch to dev branch - bind keys for raise/lower turret - switch back to standard build - functionality remains(client side only). :)

Can confirm that. The blue pill was in fact issued to commanders prior to stable update. I understand how this undocumented and premature extension might arouse some confusion in the battlefield.

Side effects of blue pill may vary.

Aren't you a bit too young to know about blue pill? :)

P07 requires four headshots against unprotected head in todays version. That can't be right?

Edit: Zafir seems to have a sound effect that is silent. A quick guess is that it's config might have "soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.33,"begin2",0.33,"begin3",0.34};" but it probably only has two sounds.

Edited by Brisse

I'm not sure how to bring this up, but i am currently playing around with Outtera Engine Demo. It's got a menu with enviornment effects, that can be changed real time. Fog Atmosphere, shadowing, and lighting.

Arma 3 has some capabilities like this, but it's hidden, and accessible via. script only.

My Question is, will there we a more user friendly, intuitive way such as sliders, to enable people to actively change environment and atmosphere in this open sandbox? This would make for easier mission making in terms of weather conditions, and would vastly improve scenario's. I also believe that this could bring more life to the sandbox, and pave ways for improvement of more weather features. I'm not entirely sure if you guys have mentioned anything about enhancing the weather changes, so i figured i should ask.

Zeus already has some of what you are asking for. I think we might see more of that stuff with the 3D editor if that ever gets finished.

Zeus already has some of what you are asking for. I think we might see more of that stuff with the 3D editor if that ever gets finished.

For the 3D editor, this would be absolutely ideal, if there was one.

Aren't you a bit too young to know about blue pill? :)

you're laughing now. :P SCNR.

Zafir seems to have a sound effect that is silent.

Hi, the problem with Zafir shooting samples is already fixed in our internal build. As you wrote, there was one sample missing and the 'silent' sound was just the closure, not shot. Fix should be in today's update.

Also there will be some update of weapon recoil? because when i see see Autorifleman shooting his MG - his spine is just like rubber which looks ridiculous

you can see it here on this older video

Also there will be some update of weapon recoil?

Some changes to our implementation of recoil are part of the planned features for Marksmen DLC.

We expect to publish these adjustments to dev-branch within the next week or two (subject to internal testing!). We'll likely outline the design goals in some sort of 'REP.

Hi

First post, congrats! ;)

Best,

RiE

Looks like the devs fixed the problem with shell casings in first person view in todays update :)

I think there are some new sounds as well. We will see once the changelog gets posted I guess.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

I noticed you get sounds of shell casings falling when using the Zubr. It's a revolver, and the casings stay in the cylinder. Therefore there should be no such sound.

I also noticed you can see the bullets in the cartridges, and when they are fired they become empty. Nice touch. It's probably always been like that, but I never noticed until now :)

I don't get it, there hasn't been update released today (according to devbranch changelog)

The changelog often come later than the update itself. I got the update about one hour ago.

The team switch button seems to have been broken by some of the latest updates?

•Changed: Altis and Stratis were binarized using a new version to optimize loading times and AI pathfinding capabilities

Hmmmm.....

The changelog often come later than the update itself. I got the update about one hour ago.

ahh, sweet! (if person is on stable beforehand he can't tell)

I also noticed you can see the bullets in the cartridges, and when they are fired they become empty. Nice touch. It's probably always been like that, but I never noticed until now :)

It was drawn in 3rd person camera, but was 'fixed' to be seen in 1st person as of today's dev-branch update. I'll ping our audio guys about the revolver note, thanks!

Some small creative bottleneck sometimes gets in the way of splendid progress. :rolleyes:

Best,

RiE