Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I bought both games. And, well, i was in spain - didn't have internet there, so i bought the game.

Hah. That was an awesome read! Thanks!

I really should spend more time reading SimHQ-articles...

A bitter rant by an admittedly bad player who seems to think that the lack of game modes that he could just as well not play makes the game better.

A bitter rant by an admittedly bad player who seems to think that the lack of game modes that he could just as well not play makes the game better.

I agree. The exclusion of features does not guarantee excellence in the remaining features.

We see it here of course, how many times have I read a thread suggesting some fix or other only to have the usual tirades of "I'd rather they spend their time doing [insert personal gripe here]" :) Same thing, different scale.

Sim-HQ is full of.... special people anyho...

I agree. I really hate that place.

Regarding that review => holy sour grapes, Batman.

Also, is the Codemasters forum offline or have I been superbanned or something?

I don't read SimHQ, so I don't know what their other articles are like, but isn't it a little weird that one of their writers proclaims to dislike both OFP CWC and Arma2 - two of the most "simmy" wargames ever created - but likes corridor shooters instead?

The whole time I was reading that article I thought it was satire. Only when I reached the end did I realize that the guy was actually being serious.

Regarding that review => holy sour grapes, Batman.

Also, is the Codemasters forum offline or have I been superbanned or something?

Forum is down :)

Forum is down :)

What ... did they drop forum support as well ? :rolleyes: .

I played the game over at a friend and well ... It's not horrible , but it's not good either . The thing that bothered me the most was Knox .

I feel kinda bad for the writers

What ... did they drop forum support as well ? :rolleyes: .

LOL... yeah Sion didn't really like the forum so he decided to remove it.

Wasn't fun enough.

Which, in this case, actually was an improvement. :D

lol... Yeah sion didn't really like the forum so he decided to remove it.

nice . . . .

I must say Black Ops is an amazing game, especially if we talk about SP. RR is at least 2 classes lower than that, but still not very bad (i have recently played Sniper something Warrior game, couldnt be arsed to remember the title of a game that bad). Some solutions are well worth noticing.

Comparison of these games is impossible. However, I believe ArmA could learn a thing or two from the two mentioned.

Edited by Smookie

Arma invented the concept as, did OFP not sure how Arma could learn anymore

I must say Black Ops is an amazing game, especially if we talk about SP.

The SP was gibberish. Blocking it out had me just enjoy the spectacle of it all, which was okay. But holy christ, can we get SP that's longer than just a few hours, please?

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the PC version still has performance issues? Yeah, apparently, BlOps on PC is designed to work on Windows XP as switching to it removes all performance issues for everyone that has them.

At the start of the article he sounded like a girl who likes corridor shooters. At the end of the article he just sounded like Sion Lenton's girlfriend.

For a site called "SIMHQ", it doesn't really seem to be full of SIM fans.

Yeah, apparently, BlOps on PC is designed to work on Windows XP as switching to it removes all performance issues for everyone that has them.

That's because XP best fits the hardware used in consoles generation-wise ;) (and since these games are ported from console to pc, it makes perfect sense)

Arma invented the concept as, did OFP not sure how Arma could learn anymore

Arma has more that can be learned but it certainly doesn't need to follow in the way of what CM is doing. Arma at its core is about simulation and modability, and while modability is still covered there is always room to expand on simulation.

Just because X is much better than Y as a whole, doesn't mean X cannot learn a thing from Y. Remember when Arma2 did not have flashlights, laser pointers nor thermal imaging?

Hence the room to expand, I was happy to see flash lights but I don't feel the game makes the most of it, it felt more like I was being shown the features but not suggested to use them, or even forced (such as flash lights replacing NVG's on some missions) A stronger focus on the goods would also be a good thing.. Well that is three topics today and somehow in response to anothers post all have been off the topic.

Edited by NodUnit