Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Yeah, remove all the jets and freedom and potential from this game and our community will unite behind the only thing going too./QUOTE]

Still a fun game to play despite your views of it. Do you own it?

Is the CM remake of OFP even compariable to Arma? Not seeing Bohemia on OFP2 just made me skip to Arma 2.

Different game but I wouldn't want another ArmA either. ArmA is ok now after 18 patches....

ArmA 2 looks awesome don't get me wrong but it didn't even run upon day of release to the purchasing public or did we forget that? I just reformatted and ArmA 2 OA is the first game put back on my Steam account... well after I installed OFPDR actually

I own OFP (a few times over) ArmA 3 times (Sprocket,DVD and Steam download gave 2 of em away to keep the steam version) I own VBS1 and addons and ArmA 2 along with ArmA 2 OA. So I am not saying this to pit one against the other just saying DR is a different game and with 3 friends a blast as well. As for BI products I was jaded after OFP. Add in a WW4 or FFUR mods or WGL and some of the mission packs and I play more OFP than ArmA 1 and 2 combined.

Edited by njmatrix

Still a fun game to play despite your views of it. Do you own it?

I don't doubt it's fun. I would rather own DR than Halo, were I to spend money on a game that wasn't worth playing for at least a year.

I don't doubt it's fun. I would rather own DR than Halo, were I to spend money on a game that wasn't worth playing for at least a year.

So you've never played it that was easy enough to decipher lol

What? Having played both, Halo is infinitely more fun, and at least its honest about what it is.

I love the original OFP blah blah blah

Really, if you just like RR and DR you guys just dont need to over state it again and again that "you like the original", these are different game made by different developer for different perform and different customers, no use to bring this rather pointless statement up for whatever you intented to say.

Still a fun game to play despite your views of it. Have you played the demo?

Fixed that for you.

People should not have to actually buy this tripe in order to have to form an opinion on it, such a mentality being held by a customer is exactly what Codemasters wants and why they think they shouldn't release a demo. At least DR had one. Red River's, if it even exists, is still to be announced.

And for the record, I've now played the full versions of both DR and RR (though I played the PS3 version of RR, but is there really a difference bar graphics options?), and they are not fun in my eyes. Terrible gameplay choices in DR kill it for me, the terrible dialogue in RR combined with some of the same gameplay choices kills it for me.

Edited by Zipper5

Hit me with some "Bitch Tits!!"

You all right man? must have been traumatic... you takin meds for that?

So what has actually changed for RR in comparison to DR ? I thought the whole charade was about having new improved AI and better co-op or sort.... from the videos on youtube that i've seen.. seems pretty much the same....

Anyone with the game can do a AI in Arma2 VS RR video and upload in youtube? much like the one they did with Arma2 vs DR? Will love to see the difference.

So what has actually changed for RR in comparison to DR ? I thought the whole charade was about having new improved AI and better co-op or sort.... from the videos on youtube that i've seen.. seems pretty much the same....

Anyone with the game can do a AI in Arma2 VS RR video and upload in youtube? much like the one they did with Arma2 vs DR? Will love to see the difference.

Since there is no editor for RR it seems a direct comparison is impossible, well unless someone creat a RR campaign for ArmA2 that is.... :p

Yesterday i access to steam and arma II, arrowhead and arma II:CO packs where in the topten due to the offer, moving red river to position 14 :D

Hahaha win!

RR was released how many days ago?

Also bear in mind that these are steam sales, probably cm's only source of pc customers.. nice move with the sale BIS :D

Hahaha win!

RR was released how many days ago?

Also bear in mind that these are steam sales, probably cm's only source of pc customers.. nice move with the sale BIS :D

it is all CM foult that bis sales are up, they said so if you want something not fun, thus more chalanging you need to buy ArmA2 so well here we go :D

kind regards

Probably won't harm them 'that' much as I guess most of their copies are sold on consoles. However, PSN is currently down so sales on PS3 might be effected. Meaning, whatever percentage they could have regained on PS3 customers going over to PC (if that is the case) and the customers that already decided on PC, is now possibly damaged by BI having a sale on Steam. Then again, that all depends on the customers interest and knowhow.

Either way, the BI's sale on Steam is still worthy of a

spray_trollface_copy.png

It’s impressive that Red River actually sold pretty well. However, that shouldn’t be mistaken for a measure on how good the game itself is. Dragon Rising sold pretty well too but as far as I remember a lot of people were not happy with the game at all and there was a lot of complaints on the official forum board and people ditched the game not long after It’s release.

I didn’t like Dragon Rising very much. The mission design were terrible and I didn’t even play through the whole campaign. It was too boring and dull. The only reason why I bought the game was because I first though it was a real sequel to Cold war crisis wich I played when I was about 11-14 years old.

Unfortunately, it seems like some people don’t want to talk about Red Rivers flaws and some of them rather try to see the positive side of all the stuff that most people consider as negative. Saying things like ''Alright, let's say you can play it as both a simulator and like an arcade game'' or ''I think CM did a good job on this one focusing on COOP only, aswell as removing helicopters and such. It makes it more realistic since marines don't fly helicopters.'' ''I think Its good that they added health packs. You don't have to use them either. Its really about selfcontrol'' or ''I'll buy the game and if it isn't good I will just sell it''

remember lot of sales still could mean bad income due to returns and cancels ... so that number is very tricky

Played it today after intalling & enjoy it, dont like the idea of it being called ofp obviously, but its a decent game for what it is.

Well like I said I ain't gonna play the fanboi game both have their strengths and weaknesses. Add in the Island War mission and sorts and DR plays totally different than the demo or vanilla game. As the same with anything else mods make a difference. The TemplarGFX stuff is top notch work in any game. They thought so much of his work they gave him an unreleashed update to test and tweak which became the 1.03 update. Speaking of Mods I need to check out this Blur mod for OA to try and get the frames up. They are in the toilet. Anyways like I said buy it or burn it. we have some good times playing it.

Then again, it depend on just what kind of spec you run ArmA2 on, I personal find no problem running ArmA2 with my Q9650 and GTX 260, DR run better of cause because of its crapy GFX.

CM fighting back with a bit of their own banter?

knoxcox.jpg

Should say 'Putting the Oh! In Bohemian' - I couldn't be bothered to do a second image capture. That is the God-awful Knox sitting in his HMMWV to the right of the image. No, it's not terribly witty, but good for them, I say.

Finally got a chance to play the thing.

Positives:

+ CQB is fun. Not particularly tactical, but fun...

+ Because the weapon models and movement are more fluid and improved from Dragon Rising. This was where work was really needed in the first place, so fair play to CM. The M4 and MP5 are fun to use. As is the DMR, the sight model for which (the ACOG at least) they've pinched straight from Templar's mod.

+ The voice work - from the guy from Aliens - in between campaign missions is top notch. The man is an exceptional voice talent, and the tone in these is the gritty but machismo-filled tone they should have aimed for with the whole thing.

+ I actually find myself liking the silly shaders, lens-flare and bloom they've used. I prefer the aesthetic somewhat to OA (ducks for cover). The night vision looks great. Even the sky-boxes are more bearable than they originally looked. I think it's Lenton's fault. People say Steve Jobs has a reality distortion field (positive): - Lenton has the same thing, but inverted. Everything he demonstrates looks shit. 'But there's one more thing...' no mission editor, no moddability, 60 entity limit, blah, blah, blah.

+ The campaign is playable enough. Compared to a good few games released these days, it wouldn't be the worst way you could spend your money.

Negatives:

- It's not been turned into a corridor shooter, but it's marginally less tactical than the original Brothers In Arms. Think BIA with 'turn back you are leaving the mission area' every 3 minutes, the word 'mothaluver' every minute, and you're about there.

- Truly zero replayablity (playing as a different class? - Don't make me laugh). The FTEs are rubbish. They've aimed for L4D's survival mode, but in a three-foot shoe box and with none of Valve's panache or loving attention to detail.

- Spending a third of the game riding in a HMMWV with Knox spouting drivel at you.

- The AI. Enemy AI is pitiful; most of the time on expert mode they wait for you to start shooting before doing anything, and will only react to a threat coming from one particular direction anyway. Your own squad don't really follow you anywhere - they just teleport in behind you when you're not looking at each checkpoint save (I played on 'expert' mode. I wasn't going to play on hard-core and have to play missions through multiple times if I died). The AI driving is worse that Arma 2's at release. It's worse than DR's.

- The difficulty level, on 'expert' at least, is worse than pitiful. I don't think any injury to the head killed me in the whole time I was playing. The rhythm of playing goes something like 'Rambo-charge - give order to squad to rush up the road - pause to heal for 10 seconds - LEEEEERRRROOOYYY MMJJEEEENNNKKIINNSSS!' I never bothered to heal my squad. On 'expert' difficulty they just respawned when I passed through a check point, having died earlier in the mission.

- I was going to say that it comes pretty close to being a corridor shooter, but that's a bit unfair. It just doesn't allow any alternative approaches to each stage of the missions, which gives it the same level of replayability as COD.

So, do I agree with %45? Probably not, but I might feel differently if I had bought the game myself or if there weren't companies like Bis around that still made games for a mature PC audience. My gut feeling is that it's a more fun experience than DR was, and it would probably provide some amusing times for a few co-op sessions. I think what I'm trying to say is that I basically agree entirely with Jeza. For a studio that isn't run by a company of the size of EA or Ubisoft, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a 'shit' game. It certainly doesn't come across very well in Youtube videos, etc. though.

So, slap me sideways and call me 'bitch-tits'; I can now happily forget that this game ever existed!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxOGIl_bjmvzlxo38RK5H-_O1yLFaSlkUXIxsk3m6jehMjbAe1dQ&t=1

Edited by Richey79

i find dragon rising is better, when you test island wars it s very nice, i would like island war on arma2 but ...........doesn't exist for moment. The big trouble with red river is : there is not mission editor so game is allready dead. Big island for what? nothing so it was stupid to make red river, they should make a cod with little area.

i find dragon rising is better, when you test island wars it s very nice, i would like island war on arma2 but ...........doesn't exist for moment. The big trouble with red river is : there is not mission editor so game is allready dead. Big island for what? nothing so it was stupid to make red river, they should make a cod with little area.

Try this The Forgotten Few.

I dont know about DR Island Wars, but The Forgotten Few will let you play almost all over Chernarus in span of 7 missions. If thats not what island wars is all about, maybe look for War in Takistan or War in Chernarus in the ARMA2 user mission forum... browse it through, maybe you'll find something you like

i know but i cannot play, my computer cannot load so big, i crash during the loading. I didn't know war in takistan i ll try thanks :)

But exemple in island of war i waf hide in a little farm, 2 pla soldiers outside, i try to kill them but i cannot they stay around farm and after five minutes they quit their position, they called mortar !!!

and mortar bombard the farm.

Island of war is a warfare, cti, domination but single, IA do all, renforcement etc... ennemi spawn and if you tale a town you spawn soldier, it s just very nice. But in true if you do same on arma2 is better but nobody do again. WAr in takistan is a coop not a single.

But DR is good for my little computer too :), i'm sure if codemasters was good compagnie, dr today wil be good, but they are stupid they do stupid things, RR is a regressive game !!

i know but i cannot play, my computer cannot load so big, i crash during the loading. I didn't know war in takistan i ll try thanks :)

But exemple in island of war i waf hide in a little farm, 2 pla soldiers outside, i try to kill them but i cannot they stay around farm and after five minutes they quit their position, they called mortar !!!

and mortar bombard the farm.

Island of war is a warfare, cti, domination but single, IA do all, renforcement etc... ennemi spawn and if you tale a town you spawn soldier, it s just very nice. But in true if you do same on arma2 is better but nobody do again. WAr in takistan is a coop not a single.

But DR is good for my little computer too :), i'm sure if codemasters was good compagnie, dr today wil be good, but they are stupid they do stupid things, RR is a regressive game !!

You can do the same in ArmA, heck you can even do it in ofp:r if you know how to mission making. The fact is that almost no sp player here really bother to play such a mission that have no objective and such, we have better made mission here to choose from.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Normally i'm ok with you but this mission is good, i prefer arma2 but it s very good. I play only this mission in DR other are just boring.

But i want do same for the last mission of my campaign so enjoy :). A big final with us vs zombie vs player :)

'Putting the Oh! In Bohemian' - I couldn't be bothered to do a second image capture. That is the God-awful Knox sitting in his HMMWV to the right of the image. No, it's not terribly witty, but good for them, I say.

If that's meant to be a dig at BIS, then it's as retarded as the entire CM dev team.