Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Keep it going love the sounds. Cant wait to see it in ArmA 2 your work was just great in ArmA 1 its going to be vary nice in ArmA 2.

Man u guys doing these addons making this great game even better , belive me or not but my friend went and bought the game when i sent him your youtube video :).

Chammy's sound mod and A.C.E. 2 are, dare I say it, the two most anticipated mods for ARMA2. ...at least in these here parts anyway. The preview for CSM caught my attention right away... this is exceptional work.

would love another teaser vid if u could muster it chammy!
No teaser, we want release ! :p:yay:

I am happy to hear about the upcomming release!! :yay:

CSM is my favorite!!!

Thx!

Edited by Krieger

2 weeks

So soon?! :) One word - Awesome!

Thanks Chammy & Protegimus!

Man I can't wait. Easily one of the most anticipated mods for this series! Thanks guys!

I am looking at maybe 2 weeks tops to completion. I still have to send Protegimus the material to test as well.

Thats awesome news :yay:

This sure is something i've been waiting eagerly for :cool:

Hey chammy, if you need another tester which you prob dont as i know it will be 100% i could help make sure the configs are all working etc just before release! and give it a third check over!

If you need me just give me a PM. I look forward to your work!

p.s i can give a good mirror too!

Edited by MattXR

this is realistickly promising hope that echo's of gun fire is like in you tube vid.

Can't find any word to express my satisfaction regarding this Sound MOD.

Looking forward to it more than anything else concerning ArmA 2.

Keep it up Chammy.

Regards,

TB

I wait with GREAT anticipation Chammy.

This is going to be the No1 Sound mod forever ;)

Ok..

I have to add a comment/question as a sound engineer in RL..after seeing the Vid. in You Tube 3-4 times.

I have noticed the "tail" of the "reverb" effect in gunshots in "open field" (like Video)is 2 long/VERY REAL!!.

The question is in ..what about "Close quarters" /or "heavy populated area" (more buildings) ??

*Normally the "tail" of the "reverb" effect should be smaller (about 30%) and

the "echo" effect must be raised-up (about 20%)*

------------

I don't really know if the ArmA sound-engine allows those variations of "how the sound-sounds..depending the terrain.."

Just asking..and STILL waiting for this awesome work to be released ;)

There is no fx machine built into arma, the sound engine is as raw as it can get.

The echo/reverbs are already in the samples. You would have to use entirely different magazines in CQB situations for the sounds to be different, there is not simply a parameter that can adjust that (should i say unfortunately hehe).

Can`t wait for this to be released too, highly anticipated ! Sounds almost too real hehe.

Ok..

I have to add a comment/question as a sound engineer in RL..after seeing the Vid. in You Tube 3-4 times.

I have noticed the "tail" of the "reverb" effect in gunshots in "open field" (like Video)is 2 long/VERY REAL!!.

The question is in ..what about "Close quarters" /or "heavy populated area" (more buildings) ??

*Normally the "tail" of the "reverb" effect should be smaller (about 30%) and

the "echo" effect must be raised-up (about 20%)*

------------

I don't really know if the ArmA sound-engine allows those variations of "how the sound-sounds..depending the terrain.."

Just asking..and STILL waiting for this awesome work to be released ;)

yeah, unfortuntely ArmA does not have as much a sound engine robust as Bad Company where inside a building it has more of a dead ring and outside more trailed off echo. I tried to make a script with event handlers once for OFP and make a zone in a foresty area and urban area to trigger a certain sound when the player is in the zone and fires a weapon. I never got to test it cause I could never get done with it. But the echos in the video are cut short cause I was testing the certain echos that I am going to use, I am fixing them now as we speak....

Wow I cant belive this post has fallen back so far. Any word on the progress chammy? Whata ya say? whats the word? I was optomistic for that release u talked about this week. RL probably gettin in the way huh?

Ahh I see you said" "COMPLETION", NOT release. I apolize. But either way would love an update. :)

Edited by CombatComm
Second thought