Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Seconding everyone who's said this rocked. This soundmod blows my eardrums in the nicest possible way. ;)

Hey Chammy,

Damn fine work sir!

Cant wait for this. the only thing I wasn't sure on is the bullet cracks at 31 second ... that kind of "per-cluck" sound .. which im sure you featured in your early chammy versions. Its a bit clunky and didn't really like it (and no a variation) in the old ones just my thoughts mate. I know its WIP so no biggie.

Pleeeeaaasssee make it modular (I know its been asked and I know you said it should be), best example is how VOP mod ended up, cracks ones pbo, US rifles another, enemy rifles another, explosions another ... and so on. Just so its "mix n' matchable" which is becoming the norm now. Also bear in mind some vehicle sound mods for helis etc have it covered so maybe spend less time trying to flesh out that area and realy focus on the specific battle sounds (seeing as you have limited time,and of course if your even bothering with that area) :)

Love it anyway, keep it up mate.

If BIS can hire Madmatt for his effects, they should definitely hire Chammy for his sounds.

Of course I'm trying to hint to BIS or anything :P

Edited by Callsign
spelling

That sounds great mate!

I would chose this over Vop and SoW anytime, no offense to their (also) great work.

Sounds OUTSTANDING! Superb work as always Chammy! :)

This is exactlly what i want.

PS. Bullet cracks are awesome IMO.

Edited by Alex72

OMG! i was just thinking about how awesome it would be to see a chammy sound mod in Arma2 after listerning to one of my old videos yesterday and now i see this! Im very excited and looking forward to this sound mod!

Keep up the work chammy!

Sounds great Chammy ;)

To fully answer the question from Mr_Centipede, Cole & mrcash2009 - yes it is modular and it is deliberately balanced to work together with TangoRomeo's excellent TRSM Tracked Vehicles sound mod and other good work from the community.

The mod is fully signed and includes the public key for server admins.

I have achieved some success with distant sounds, though to be sure it is limited; as to my knowledge there is unfortunately no engine based function for this at this time.

The focus is now squarely on combat, immersion and weapon sounds and as can be heard, Chammy is delivering outstanding work.

Wow those sounds are superb. They really took me back to my early days in the RAF Regiment.

Excellent work!

Just watched the teaser video and ........ WOW

That sounds amazing, very realistic, straight off the frontlines. It's incredible how much more immersive and terrifying the whole experience feels with proper sounds.

BI hire this guy !!!!

Outstanding! Your sound mod was top notch in ArmA. :cool: Looking forward to this sound mod. :)

To fully answer the question from Mr_Centipede, Cole & mrcash2009 - yes it is modular and it is deliberately balanced to work together with TangoRomeo's excellent TRSM Tracked Vehicles sound mod and other good work from the community.

The mod is fully signed and includes the public key for server admins.

Oh its almost dreamlike .... :)

Epic!

Definitely an improvement in comparison with the AA1 version. Leaps and bounds in fact. It's nice to see more come out and even better is seeing cooperation between sound modification teams. This will surely lead into a better sound experience that is way more enjoyable than ever before. :)

Awesome work.

VOP sound is excellent, but this, this something special.

I have achieved some success with distant sounds, though to be sure it is limited; as to my knowledge there is unfortunately no engine based function for this at this time.

The focus is now squarely on combat, immersion and weapon sounds and as can be heard, Chammy is delivering outstanding work.

Sounds great Protegimus!

Nothing more to distant sounds than the only one that breaks off at 1000 meters i think(?) for most weapons and then muffle the sounds after that. This limit can be drawn back and forth i think (lot of thinking on my part lol).

Would be superb if ARMA2 would contain even more to play with, but the soundmod sounds great so far and i dont think it will disapoint anyone. :)

Big thanks to Chammy & yourself for doing this! Im so happy.

Regards

Alex

Hey Chammy,

Damn fine work sir!

Cant wait for this. the only thing I wasn't sure on is the bullet cracks at 31 second ... that kind of "per-cluck" sound .. which im sure you featured in your early chammy versions. Its a bit clunky and didn't really like it (and no a variation) in the old ones just my thoughts mate. I know its WIP so no biggie.

Pleeeeaaasssee make it modular (I know its been asked and I know you said it should be), best example is how VOP mod ended up, cracks ones pbo, US rifles another, enemy rifles another, explosions another ... and so on. Just so its "mix n' matchable" which is becoming the norm now. Also bear in mind some vehicle sound mods for helis etc have it covered so maybe spend less time trying to flesh out that area and realy focus on the specific battle sounds (seeing as you have limited time,and of course if your even bothering with that area) :)

Love it anyway, keep it up mate.

Hey Cash

Good to hear from you again

Yes, it will all be modular according to Protegimus. Right now we are just working on the body of the mod and then later separating everything. I am not going to do too much to vehicles unless I feel they would need to be changed. So far IMHO the AH6, the LAV engine and quite possibly the AH64 rotor sound needs a changing but not sure. I know there is only an addon for the AH64 and AH6 but we can add the sound entry I believe.

As for the bullet crack you are talking about, there will be variations, but I've been checking them to see which ones fit better, and which ones will sound more natural with the game sound engine rather than sounding like something mechanical. The ones in the vid are just tests, actually most the sounds were not cleaned up just yet but you can't really tell, but I do that just to get the feel when seen on a video clip and then I make the judgment call in what stays and needs to be spruced up and what shouldn't stay in.

Thanks Cash and everyone else for your props and ideas :) as before (isn't it "ker-plunk" and not "per-clunk"? lol ;P ), I juggle school , kids , then play so its tough sometimes but ya'll been really patient in that, and it's great that there are other excellent sound modifications that fit our tastes out there to use as well for AmrA .

Edited by Chammy