Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

It will be a slow wait gentlemen... make sure you have a lots of patience... and if you somehow lose it... please dont make such a fiasco here. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but if CSM in ARMA1 time as any indicators... it will be a long wait indeed. He's doing it on his own free time, and some ppl got tired of waiting and... some riff raff ensued.. nothing major... but ppl lose their patience.

So pack up those patience boys

It should be compatible with ACE, if not, we can make it so that it is. I have most of the weekend plus Thanksgiving Vacation so there is some light at the end. Plus Protegimus is helping out also in sprucing up the sounds and coming up with some very good ideas and material as well.

Sorry if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how do you get the sounds for your mod? I wasn't around in the ArmA 1 days, so I didn't know about your mod then. Do you just take samples from real life, or what?

If I remember Jerrys interview some time ago correctly, he mostly takes sounds from Youtube and modifies them.

whatever he does, it sounds fantastic. cant wait for it, chammys sound mod was the only soundmod i used for arma 1 (and i tested all).

take your time!

by the way, would be cool if ArmAVidz would make some new cool vids

I can't wait for this, the Chammy mod for ArmA1 was just beautiful :)

It should be compatible with ACE, if not, we can make it so that it is. I have most of the weekend plus Thanksgiving Vacation so there is some light at the end. Plus Protegimus is helping out also in sprucing up the sounds and coming up with some very good ideas and material as well.

Sounds awesome bud. Take your time. It will be such a treat when it lands in our HD's.

I would like to see gun/explosion/bullet crack sounds to be significantly louder than other sounds but not too much.

That is the only thing in your previous sound mods i did not like.

The sounds were realistic and sounded like pops but they were not loud enough compared to other sounds they need to be a lot more louder. I guess that would be config work.

The arma2 sound engine is missing an effective volume parameter.

The config values addressing the loudness are highly dependent on other parameters like distance. That leaves the only option to crank the volume in the soundfile itself by excessive compression or by reducing the volume of all other sounds relatively.

But Chammy knows what he is doing and will come up with a killer sound mod with this one.

yeaahh me too ...this sounds are so fantastic i know it is a long way to completed a soundmod in this perimeter Good luck chammy.And i dream from your Sounds z z z :D

chammy already got the best firefight sounds in my eyes

Edited by Pain0815

Awesome really looking forward to this. Cant wait.

According to his youtube reply to a similar question, he says he may post an open beta here soon w/bikey (according to the post it says its a week old), so this is good news :D

I can't find anything on youtube. Has he posted any more demo videos showcasing individual sounds?

Because in my opinion the couple of files for the four usual assault rifles make or break the mod.

Nice work Chammy glad to see you back at it!!

Just a word to people eager for this addon...Good things come to those who wait :)

I can't find anything on youtube. Has he posted any more demo videos showcasing individual sounds?

Because in my opinion the couple of files for the four usual assault rifles make or break the mod.

I might just release a beta just to get it out for right now, it won't be perfect, but it will include a BI Key. We still have to add more config entries and correct some errors.

taken directly from his you tube video showcasing his sound mod...

According to his youtube reply to a similar question, he says he may post an open beta here soon w/bikey (according to the post it says its a week old), so this is good news :D

Heh i didn't even notice that, indeed is awesome news :cool: