vilas

VILAS addons release thread

William made something about balistics, i have no idea how it works (never used it because of lack of time)

We use your M109A1 in the Iranian Forces Mod and Xeno426 has it working nicely with the artillery computer.

I'm sure he'd be willing to help you out

Quick question: do the artillery pieces now make use of the Artillery Computer?

If not, any chance of making them compatible Vilas? I think it would make the M-109 etc much more valuable. :)

I've added custom ballistics, ammo, and magazines for the Palladin's 155mm, the 2S5 152mm and the 2S7's 203mm guns as follows:

2S3 152mm:

- fires HE, Illum, Laser, Smoke and WP

- range 3.1km - 7.5km

M109 155mm Palladin:

- fires HE, Illum, Laser, Smoke and WP (SADARM wasn't available in 1985)

- range 2.1km - 7.5km

2S7 203mm Pion:

- fires HE, Laser

- range 3.5km - 8.6km

When these guns are synchronized with Arma2 artillery module, this enables the AI to use these on script invocations using that artillery module. I was really in need of this since my mission generator generates single player missions with instructions for AI to fire artillery in support of AI attacks and AI defenses.

It also enables the player to target the gun using a map view.

They don't use the Artillery Computer, and don't offer the FireAt command.

If someone can tell me which config settings enable the FireAt command and ArtilleryComputer, I'll happily make the changes and provide them to Vilas.

William

Cool, sounds great _William! It sounds like Xeno426 would know how to get them working with the arty computer. Hopefully he will help. :)

Now if only BIS would fix the Laser, WP and SADARM rounds so they actually work properly (at the moment they're useless)... :(

@Vilas

Of course I've seen that you still have been busy on addon building despite of that unpleasant event.

It's great to have you back and it's marvelous that you are still that busy on developing your addons further.

Thanks a lot, Vilas!

I've added custom ballistics, ammo, and magazines for the Palladin's 155mm, the 2S5 152mm and the 2S7's 203mm guns as follows:

2S3 152mm:

- fires HE, Illum, Laser, Smoke and WP

- range 3.1km - 7.5km

M109 155mm Palladin:

- fires HE, Illum, Laser, Smoke and WP (SADARM wasn't available in 1985)

- range 2.1km - 7.5km

2S7 203mm Pion:

- fires HE, Laser

- range 3.5km - 8.6km

When these guns are synchronized with Arma2 artillery module, this enables the AI to use these on script invocations using that artillery module. I was really in need of this since my mission generator generates single player missions with instructions for AI to fire artillery in support of AI attacks and AI defenses.

It also enables the player to target the gun using a map view.

They don't use the Artillery Computer, and don't offer the FireAt command.

If someone can tell me which config settings enable the FireAt command and ArtilleryComputer, I'll happily make the changes and provide them to Vilas.

William

I don't know about the FireAt command, but I can send you the configs I use for the M109 and the 2S1 so that they work with the Arty Comp. I'd also be interested in the tables you created for the M109.

How does one go about creating tables, by the way? We've got a unique rocket artillery piece in the Iranian Forces mod, and it would be nice to use something other than the 122mm ballistics table.

I don't know about the FireAt command, but I can send you the configs I use for the M109 and the 2S1 so that they work with the Arty Comp. I'd also be interested in the tables you created for the M109.

How does one go about creating tables, by the way? We've got a unique rocket artillery piece in the Iranian Forces mod, and it would be nice to use something other than the 122mm ballistics table.

Would appreciate the configs.

To create ballistics table, use the BIS arty module functions as follows:

1. define ammo with the right parameters

2. define a magazine referring to this ammo

3. invoke BIS's arty module's ARTY_generateFormattedBTab.sqf from a mission init.sqf, for example as follows (this is for Vilas' Palladin HE magazine):

waitUntil {not isnil "BIS_ARTY_LOADED"};
waitUntil {BIS_ARTY_LOADED};
["p85_PALmag_HE", 10, 80, 1, -1000, 1000, 200] execVM "\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\ARTY_generateFormattedBTab.sqf";

ARTY_generateFormattedBTab takes as input the magazine, minimum gun elevation, max gun elevation, elevation step, min height delta, max height delta, and height step. The script runs for a while (minutes), and shows progress in the top right corner. Upon completion, it will have copied the resulting ballistics table into your Windows clipboard. You can copy that into a text editor.

If you need help with this for your Iranian Forces mod, let me know.

Would appreciate the configs.

3. invoke BIS's arty module's ARTY_generateFormattedBTab.sqf from a mission init.sqf, for example as follows (this is for Vilas' Palladin HE magazine):

["p85_PALmag_HE", 10, 80, 1, -1000, 1000, 200] execVM "\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\ARTY_generateFormattedBTab.sqf";

ARTY_generateFormattedBTab takes as input the magazine, minimum gun elevation, max gun elevation, elevation step, min height delta, max height delta, and height step. The script runs for a while (minutes), and shows progress in the top right corner. Upon completion, it will have copied the resulting ballistics table into your Windows clipboard. You can copy that into a text editor.

I would also be interested in seeing both of yoru configs. I am having issues with the smoke and sadarm shells for the pracs M109

Xeno426 / _William / wld427,

Have any of you guys been able to get Laser/WP/SADARM shells to work properly? When I load them into an appropriate artillery piece and fire them using the Arty Computer I get the following results:

Laser - just the same as HE (i.e. makes an explosion but refuses to track a laser onto a target)

WP - creates a brief white smoke effect but does not cause any damage to infantry or anything else

SADARM - doesn't do anything except create a puff of dirt, similar to a bullet hitting the ground

Have any of you guys been able to get Laser/WP/SADARM shells to work properly?

Unfortunately, no. However, this is because I've never tried.

Have any of you guys been able to get Laser/WP/SADARM shells to work properly? When I load them into an appropriate artillery piece and fire them using the Arty Computer I get the following results:

Laser - just the same as HE (i.e. makes an explosion but refuses to track a laser onto a target)

WP - creates a brief white smoke effect but does not cause any damage to infantry or anything else

SADARM - doesn't do anything except create a puff of dirt, similar to a bullet hitting the ground

no the only thing i was able to get working propperly were HE and WP shells...... precisely why i am interested too see how these two chaps were able to get them functioning without issue.

However there are special .sqf files in Arty module for LASER (probably (?) looks for point illuminated by laser beam of proper side and directs HE shell in this place, I'm not sure) and SADARM (with parachute deploying, slow falling and seeking for suitable targets around and deploying burst of attack munitions if target is found). I tried WP ammo when working wit FAW addon and for me (Arma2 1.10) this ammo works fine - nearby infantry gets injuries and dies.

wld247: sent you a PM with the configs.

All: let's not scare away Vilas and all interested in his add-on by turning this into an artillery configuration discussion.

There's too much cool stuff in Vilas' add-on, with special vehicles (2S7, M577, the MUTT), great looking cold war era German, BAOR, Polish and US forces, to discuss something else here...

are there people who have time to help in "wiki"

I gave 2 links of "wiki/resources" (seeing what great things Marseille77 made on BIKI) and I would like to have similar wiki :D

the only problem is lack of free time

There's too much cool stuff in Vilas' add-on, with special vehicles (2S7, M577, the MUTT), great looking cold war era German, BAOR, Polish and US forces, to discuss something else here...

Agree! So my little wish is to have spetsnaz PK gunner and Alfa KGB spetsnaz from 80's era (something like I posted in the Armaholic forums thread).

wld247: sent you a PM with the configs.

May I have them, too? :o

Promise I won't spam you asking for help; just want to make the 2S7 rain hell. :)

And thanks, Vilas, for all the gifts over the years!

So, what do the values in ["p85_PALmag_HE", 10, 80, 1, -1000, 1000, 200] represent? I know the first is the magazine name, but what of the other values? Do they follow the same order as your description (minimum gun elevation, max gun elevation, elevation step, min height delta, max height delta, and height step)?

What exactly do the values "elevation step, min height delta, max height delta, and height step" mean? I understand the first two (minimum gun elevation, max gun elevation), but the rest I'm a little fuzzy on.

could we get a moderator to possible open us a new topic in the config editing section and move these posts there. I think getting this information out and into the propper location could be very beneficial to the community

Vilas,your kickass Rosomak versions are classed as car class??

Because I noticed enemy IFV are using coax machineguns on them instead of their AP cannons.

Vilas,your kickass Rosomak versions are classed as car class??

Because I noticed enemy IFV are using coax machineguns on them instead of their AP cannons.

I think because they have wheels they have to be a car class as the tank class means tracks. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think because they have wheels they have to be a car class as the tank class means tracks. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

there is a wheeled_apc class for strykers and BTR-90's