vilas

VILAS addons release thread

I concur! That is seriously cool. What's the under-slung weapon? A shotgun?

If you click on the link embedded in the my request post, it links to an article about in on world.guns.ru.

Janes also has something to say about it.

The BS1 has nothing to do with a GP, is made ​​to destroy the material, not for general use antipersonel. It was intended to spetsnaz, which operated behind the lines. It uses 30mm HEDP grenades, ie possessing a small shaped charge that penetrates a few centimeters.

I know, which is one reason I suggested it. Although Maxim Popenker (author of world.guns.ru) states the round is AP-I, and Janes states it is a HEAT round.

BTW, does "GP" in this context stand for general purpose?

You, sir, are a kinder person than I am.

Edited by Xeno426

I really love your weapon Vilas :cool:

But with the last update I have some trouble with the recoil of some of your weapon (All Ak74 model, Groza model) but with model like AK47, AKM all work fine.

I test with and without ACE.

Thanks for you Hard work!!

I really love your weapon Vilas :cool:

But with the last update I have some trouble with the recoil of some of your weapon (All Ak74 model, Groza model) but with model like AK47, AKM all work fine.

I test with and without ACE.

Are you talking about the "vilas_aks_x" version? The recoils on those weapons are all inherited form Vanilla guns, so any mod changing vanilla recoils will affect Vilas' guns. What mods are you running? Make sure you are not running the vilas_aks_bissounds mod; that mod is obsolete with vilas_aks_x, as most weapons inherit BIS sounds now anyway and it interferes with the recoil settings.

Try running the game with nothing but the Vilas AKS mod.

It's a shame, before in previous versions, with the ACE had the opportunity to have the CQB sight on SVD/SV98. But not anymore :(

I'm overhauling the Brits at the moment.

Could anyone provide me with some infos on British Infantry Platoon & Squad Organization & Weaponry from 1985? Special emphasis on the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR).

Thanks in advance

&

Cheers,

D.

I'm overhauling the Brits at the moment.

Could anyone provide me with some infos on British Infantry Platoon & Squad Organization & Weaponry from 1985? Special emphasis on the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR).

Thanks in advance

&

Cheers,

D.

with regards to the squad, it was an 8 man section composed of a section leader, and 2ic, a GPMG gunner and 2 carl gustav's, and 4 riflemen. rifles were still the L1A1, they hadn't switched to the L85 yet. uniforms were DPM at that point and they had the MK6 kevlar helmets, but they still used the patern 58 webbing. a very good source is this series of books.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=combat+and+survival+book+series&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12801899861489931059&sa=X&ei=jwSaTZDzNKPi0gHymqmADA&ved=0CDIQ8wIwAg#

they are all about the british armed forces and were written during that period. if you have any specific questions, I have most of the book series and can probably answer them based on that.

with regards to the squad, it was an 8 man section...

Pretty sure BAOR sections were still at ten-man strength in 1985.

There being two structures for the rifle section: Seven riflemen in an 'assault' group led by a Cpl (this group contained the CG), and a three man 'gun' group with the two-man GPMG team headed up by a L.Cpl. The second structure being two five-man fireteams; a Cpl with four riflemen (one with the CG), and a L.Cpl with two Riflemen and the two-man GPMG team.

IIRC Mech Infantry differed a little with two of the spots taken by the vehicle crew so were effectively an eight-man rifle section.

The modern eight-man section was a development of the four-man 'Brick' units used in Northern Ireland at that time, and into the 90s. IIRC 8-man sections were used in the Falklands War, but weren't made standard 'til the TOE's were adapted to integrate the SA80 IW/LSW, based on lessons learned in NI. A section effectively became a composite of two fire teams (Charlie and Delta) based on the old 'bricks', the LSW was seen as an attempt to balance the two halves of the section by adding another 'machine-gun'.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Germany

de_2.jpg

Yesterday I had seen on TV that your german BMW Police picture is a bavarian police car. The bavarians don't have the blue design till today. They using green/silver because don't like the new design. Bavaria is a special case in Germany - it's a "Free State".

I live in Bavaria and have seen lots of the blue police cars. Du Nordlicht! ;)

Me too. In fact blue police cars were common in Bavaria many months before they were introduced here in North Rhine-Westphalia.

I like the scheme, still nice to see the green/silver in some regions. Looking forward to having this beaut in game sometime :)

Our association can not use this "VilasAKS"on our dedicated server; this mod request "Vilas_RW_Forces"!

(It is impossilbe to play / edit this mission because it is based on downloadable content "Vilas_Rw_Forces)

What to do?

Help!

I've seen that error in a few other mods. I'm not at my home computer so I can't check it for a couple of days. I suspect it has something to do with the CfgAddons entry.

And why has the newest Munich Tatort had green/silver Police cars?

And why has the newest Munich Tatort had green/silver Police cars?

Just a wild guess but maybe its ebcause the production company had only older variants in the old sheme availeable?

Really, taking a TV series as example is maybe not the best idea. :D

Bayern (Bavaria) is one of two federal states still issued with green/silver Cars and green/tan Uniforms (the other one is Saarland).

However the Bundespolizei is present in all states and is using blue/silver Cars and blue Uniforms.

All states that have been issued with new Uniforms and Cars still have older Cars in service. This is especially true for special Vehicles like Sonderwagen (armored cars) and Command Vehicles but also some Patrol Vehicles.

The bavarian USK (riot police) is issued with black Uniforms.

Bavarian Wasserschutzpolizei (riverine Police) has blue/white or blue/silver Boats.

Just looked into the yard of a bavarian police station. I have to admit that the Tartort gave the correct info. All cars were silver-green. My mistake.

@ crimsontide - was British mk 6 helmet not introduced in 1986/7 ?

hi

as i almost have no free time (real life) to care about addons gaming etc.

and i also still want to help community and other mods

i decided to release (for the moment) few models that might be usefull for people who want create their addons

there are MLODs of:

- few police and army units (soldiers) that can be used as police units base, army , such like

- van, UAZ van, Landrover hard top, truck fireengine, ambulance van , that can be usefull for also such police-military base

- 2S1, BMP1, M109, T72 with NSV and old M113 variant (A2)

there are some conditions:

- those thing are given to help you in your creative job, not to "double re-release what already is in almost the same form" (for example if i made Polish Leopard, Polish army truck, Polish 2S1 i do not wish it to be released from this base, but if you make for example Norwegian M109, Nogova 2S1, Ethiopian 2S1, Bulgarian, whatever 2S1-like with completly other turrer , French or Hugarian or whatever Police all is okay

fire engine need work to make it RPG-use (lights)

but seeing Chernarussian police or ambulance for sure will be nice :)

BMP1, 2S1 can be used by many armies of world and also fictional

M109 howitzer too

the same concerns soldier units :

if you want double P85 or existing addon by re-releasing "US woodland soldier in PASGT" it is not permited by using this MLOD (with exception to group of people which get those models before with special permission and have extra permission to make US addons from my US textures and models)

but if you want make of it "part for your new soldier, or Equador , Colombia, whatever other country unit than all is okay

if such country mod will exist (like Latin America) and they use M81 , than if it will be "part of mod, not self-stand addon of M81 woodland soldiers exactly the same as already existing addon" than you may use it along with textures (that are released with the addons, cause there are only MLODs)

another exception is Russian stuff : there is 2S1, BMP1, UAZ van, Russian soldier - if you make Russian addons, mod - use it and reskin the way you want if mods like Sarmat or such like want those things, let they include them the way they want and fix how they want)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/nowy/public_mlods.7z

if you use it wise all is okay (by wise i mean "no sensless doubling" )

i don't know how BMP, 2S1, M109(A3) MLODs will be helpfull cause many mods that need them already have them

but maybe someone will wish "Nogovian, Malden, Everon, Lithuanian, Georgian, Azerbejyan forces"

but Police-like MLODs for sure will be helpfull for people who want make "their country police units" (another exeption are MP clans, Police addon can be even doubled for clans if they need it this way, textures can be found in first post in this topic in police addon)

vans (UAZ 451 and Lublin (Polish van) and fireengine truck) can be usefull too for any RPG clans)

from weapons there are M16A1, HK416 with Elcan Specter DR (maybe someone would need such Specter for his own weapon model) or M16A1 for his mod/army addon

old M113A2 model can also be usefull i hope

have fun and i hope this help some people's projects

if someone is making African/Asian/Latin American armies and need something more give PM

i thought about releasing more, maybe in future (but mods who wanted Leopards get it already )

but probably in future i will give more MLODs or give some people few addons to further development (which already need more polishing but i have no time to do it)

i would give in good hands few addons but Oxygen-wise people are needed for this purpose, not only coders which helped me a lot

LAV 100/150 is poor , from Arma1 , but if you want develop it , do it

it is not big help, but maybe for some addon makers those MLODs will be support instead of basing on only-vested units from Arma1 (there are not-vested soldiers models too)

---

about other news :

P85 troops pack will be divided in (i have no idea ) some time

armies will be independent addons (that you can use and download only this army which you wish)

screen shows more Polish troops from P85 (including naval soldier, airforce and even militia

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3253/prlo.jpg

when P85 will be updated it will have backpacks of course including this horrible not comfortable Soviet one :

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8725/aaaec.jpg

So what exactly are the conditions of this MLOD release?

1. No duplicating vilas's existing addons.

Is that all? Do you want credit?

@up

Its always nice to give credits wenn you use someone else addons, mlods and other stuff.

:)

Good move Vilas! Hope it's gonna lead to some great addons. Happy Easter!

@up

Its always nice to give credits wenn you use someone else addons, mlods and other stuff.

:)

I agree. I just want to make sure that he has released these with all of the restrictions he really wants.