Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I agree, there really is no reason to get the demo if you know you are going to buy it. However, I will probably hubub it first before release to check it out, if the demo isn't out by then.

@Wolle: Before you even read the post, I've bought ArmA, Queens Hambit, ArmA II. ArmA II twice. People are going to hubub your game, like it or not. If anything, more people have torrented an AA game and then bought it when they realized they liked it. Call it ... a " extended demo".

Edited by Walts

Has anyone seen the AI move indoors?

I've heard that it's been improved over ArmA II, to the point which they can fire from windows, but's that's just hearsay at the moment.

Shame. My favorite scenarios were to f-rope near the hotel (full of terrorists), and clear it room by room. I really hope they have something like the Hotel from A1 in OA.

There are lots of people who want the demo to get a taste of what the game will be like, it would certainly make the crowd happy to play a bit of it before it comes out.

I agree, there really is no reason to get the demo if you know you are going to buy it. However, I will probably torrent it first before release to check it out, if the demo isn't out by then.

@Wolle: Before you even read the post, I've bought ArmA, Queens Hambit, ArmA II. ArmA II twice. People are going to torrent your game, like it or not. If anything, more people have torrented an AA game and then bought it when they realized they liked it. Call it ... a " extended demo".

Here's what you said with no missquoting. editing your post wont change what was there originally

This. Now is the prime time to release it, as it would attract the most attention around now. It would bring in the most members to the fold if it was released now.

Completely Agree

I like how Walt admits to torrenting ArmA, gets called out on it, and then bitches about. I also like how he tried pulling rank by saying, "I've played ArmA longer than you have." Like that even matters. I've been playing for about a year now. Does that matter? No! It's a game! Play the damn thing or keep your mouth closed.

Other than that, I'm anticipating on the upcoming info in the next couple of weeks.

No you don't. We are now PM'ing. I am trying to keep this from denegerating as much as possible. Seriously though, what about the Czechs? I have heard almost nothing about them.

Actually we are not PM'ing. Walts pm'd me but I would rather not stoop to his abusive level. Besides I already stated my opinion on the forum. If any Mod would like, I will be happy to pass the pm on to them. As for who has played the game the longest, I agree its completely irrelevant. However Walts, your forum join date would suggest otherwise. Although for what its worth, I bought OFP on the week of release and have bought all the others on the day of release since.

Oh and Walts, I know you probably meant to say "degenerating" so no need to edit your post again.

Edited by Killerwatt

I totally agree that the demo would be a perfect hit if it came out within this week!

Whet appetites and prep us for the real deal!

Hey Walts, I'm sure they appreciate you buying the games, but breaking the law is breaking the law. The reason means little when the rule is broken.

Walts

Would you stop your crap already? Talking about piracy here (supporting it or not) results in a 60 days ban. That's a fact, so there is no reason to bash other users - who instead reporting you, give you hint instead.

And OA is not my game, otherwise I surely wouldn't sit here and deal with ehhh people like you. :mad:

Seriously, don't make me adding you to my watch list. It's a pleasure you won't enjoy.

Actually we are not PM'ing. Walts pm'd me but I would rather not stoop to his abusive level. Besides I already stated my opinion on the forum. If any Mod would like, I will be happy to pass the pm on to them.

Please do so and I will check it when I'm back later.

Edited by W0lle

Okay, let's talk about the pre-order of OA now available at SprocketIDEA where I just bought two copies of the digital download version. :bounce3:

Can't wait for the release!!! :yay:

Okay, let's talk about the pre-order of OA now available at Sprocket Idea where I just bought two copies of the digital download version. :bounce3:

Can't wait for the release!!! :yay:

Two? What kind of two headed, four armed freak are you? :D

I think this piece of info may be new - Tiscali Games says we should expect a video featuring a new fraction this thursday.

I think this piece of info may be new - Tiscali Games says we should expect a video featuring a new fraction this thursday.

Well, the "Alliance Forces deploy" trailer was supposed to be the first of several videos, so I guess now we will get to see the Takistanis. :)

Two? What kind of two headed, four armed freak are you? :D

Well, one half of the freak is me, the other is my son. ;)

(which I guess makes me the "dad faction" - hehe)

Edited by KaBoNG

Well, the "Alliance Forces deploy" trailer was supposed to be the first of several videos, so I guess now we will get to see the Takistanis. :)

Yep, I almost forgot :) I'd say it's about time BIS started their their hype machine... The release is only 3 weeks from now, I hope they plan to update the arma2.com web page regularly with goodies like they did with ArmA2 back then... new vehicles, factions, weapons, landscape features, interactive maps... :rolleyes:

Yep, I almost forgot :) I'd say it's about time BIS started their their hype machine... The release is only 3 weeks from now, I hope they plan to update the arma2.com web page regularly with goodies like they did with ArmA2 back then... new vehicles, factions, weapons, landscape features, interactive maps... :rolleyes:

And last but not least, a demo. ;)

I would love to see a SCAR weapon entry.

Expect all Scar weapons from Ace1 (because BIS buyed from author) , that means all L versions and H versions - included Acogs with Doctor sights , Sniper scopes , Aimpoint and Eotech 553

Also in OA there will be few new versions of Scar like with Thermal sight and maybe more

Edited by RobertHammer

And last but not least, a demo. ;)

I guess I am the only heretic on this forum who says: "Screw the demo, bring on the full game!" :p

I just don't want to deprive myself of the feeling of sheer amazement and holy-shiiii moments when exploring the full content not being limited by the demo restrictions... that kind of takes away the fun for me :o

Myshaak, you're not alone. ;) Demo would be nice, but damn - I want the full game!

And nice to see the game has gone gold. Wonder how the "gold" build has changed from the preview versions...

...My experience so far is that there is many reasons to play even the original content in Arrowhead and I did not encounter any real problems so hopefully you will have no reason to use the old German only game.
(In the where/how to buy thread)

It will be interesting to see what effect this will have on the MP server browser.

I'm imagining that those who own OA who want to revisit Chernarus will be most likely to do so using the OA.exe.

Presumably that will mean that those who do not buy OA will not be able to play on Chernarus-based servers alongside the OA/Chernarus players?

Let's hope that people give their servers sensible and clear names! - Unless Bis have revamped the server browser?

(In the where/how to buy thread)

It will be interesting to see what effect this will have on the MP server browser.

I'm imagining that those who own OA who want to revisit Chernarus will be most likely to do so using the OA.exe.

Presumably that will mean that those who do not buy OA will not be able to play on Chernarus-based servers alongside the OA/Chernarus players?

Let's hope that people give their servers sensible and clear names! - Unless Bis have revamped the server browser?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't buy OA ...

It costs less then the original ArmA 2 ( and if some say that they don't want to spend money bla bla bla , if they would restrain themselves form going to the pub for a week or to the restaurant , I'm more then sure they will have the money for OA )

It has more features and has a confirmed performance improvement .

Can't wait for the Thursday video !