Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

No more freaking DLC talk in this thread!

+1.

back on topic i cant wait for this game to come out. how long is the campaign mode?

If its seriously only 7 or so missions, Then i hope they've spent alot of their time working out the compatibility between arma 2 and arrowhead, I know its an expansion, but i cant help but feel that the work people have done over the last year or so is going to be wasted.

If its seriously only 7 or so missions, Then i hope they've spent alot of their time working out the compatibility between arma 2 and arrowhead, I know its an expansion, but i cant help but feel that the work people have done over the last year or so is going to be wasted.

There's no reason to think that most mods are going to have any major problems, quite the opposite. It should be only if they come in conflict with the specific new features of Arrowhead, and even then I'd imagine it won't take long to get them working.

One thing I would definitely like as DLC is things like that replay viewer that VBS2 has, being able to review a past game with such great fidelity would definitely be worth a bit of cash to me.

Haven't seen this feature but I would love to see something like this in Arma. Even just a dynamic "last 10 seconds of your life" cam from both yours and your enemies viewpoint with some dramatic music and groovy camera angles would be pretty sweet. It's always been a little anti-climatic when you've been totally engrossed in tactical movement and have invested 30+ minutes in a SP mission when Blammo! your shot dead out of the blue - doesn't really give you that "oh, I f*cked up there" feeling as you generally have little idea what happened and where you went wrong.

Replay would cap an entertaining story-telling ending to the SP mission and probably good training footage for the Clans MP.

We dont know how long these 7 missions are though, the A2 campaign missions was long and with multiple objectives.

I also wonder how many scenario missions there are?

A killcam would be fine as long as it is easily turned off on a sever level and readily accessible to do so. In multiplayer adversarial missions with respawn, a killcam kills the realism a bit by giving away your enemies position!

A killcam would be fine as long as it is easily turned off on a sever level and readily accessible to do so. In multiplayer adversarial missions with respawn, a killcam kills the realism a bit by giving away your enemies position!

In most of the missions it wouldn't matter as your respawn is too far to do anything about it^^

What was the news that we should have had on 6th of June when we reached 4000/500 members in the Steam groups?

we got a sneak peak at a new plane, night scene and the beautiful mountains

I'm satisfied

we got a sneak peak at a new plane, night scene and the beautiful mountains

I'm satisfied

Are you serious? Not that i care as the game is here soon and hopefully the demo too, but lol all that moaning for a picture :p

i am serious. Any screen from an unreleased BI game is a good screen.. I remember cycling through the ArmA 2 screenshots at least every week when it was unreleased :D

anyway, dwarden says there is a new trailer coming out very soon, (in the next hour??) so maybe that's the real surprise..

Edited by Fox '09

i am serious. Any screen from an unreleased BI game is a good screen.. I remember cycling through the ArmA 2 screenshots at least every week when it was unreleased :D

What i was saying was "are you serious that single picture was the steam group surprise", not if it was a good picture ;)

Dwarden just announced a new neat trailer coming up, a bit late, but better than never!

What i was saying was "are you serious that single picture was the steam group surprise", not if it was a good picture ;)

Well you have to admit that you were not expecting a cech fighter jet .

I for one was expecting more UK screens or some extra black element mercs .

Damn who knows what else BIS is hiding :D

Well, sounds like they surprised you :)

Edited by sparks50

who said it's last suprise or that it was whole surprise or something along the lines ... :)

r3conn the video is global, official one and it's release is totally independent on the OGG surprise entries ... i only though You would like to know about it coming :) [/Quote]

ok thanks for letting us know :) Will it be in the morning or is it unknown what time it will be? This event is schedued for approximately 11 but the event description doesn't mention a specific time. I don't want to be waiting 7 hours for it to be uploaded at 6pm or so :p

What is OGC if anyone doesn't mind me asking?

Oh and of course I would like to know about it coming :D

Thanks!

Edited by SASrecon

Well, sounds like they surprised you :)

lol not really i just find it funny with all not moaning and bitching from people not getting the surprise in time and then it turns out to be a picture haha :p

ok thanks for letting us know :) Will it be in the morning or is it unknown what time it will be? This event is schedued for approximately 11 but the event description doesn't mention a specific time. I don't want to be waiting 7 hours for it to be uploaded at 6pm or so :p

What is OGC if anyone doesn't mind me asking?

Oh and of course I would like to know about it coming :D

Thanks!

OGG is referring to the Official Game Group, the game's official group on Steam. The event was to reach 4000 and 500 members in the A2 and OA groups, respectively.

F5 Trigger :hammer:

is this Vido going to be released today?

In most of the missions it wouldn't matter as your respawn is too far to do anything about it^^

Not if you can report that position you saw on the kill cam to one of your living teammates still in that area.

F5 Trigger :hammer:

is this Vido going to be released today?

On the Steam group it's listed as June 10th.

well it's thursday now (in aus) so where is it? :)