Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

not unless you save the mission yourself, I think.. The dependencies are defined in the mission file itself.

I have a question, Which probably should of gone on the FAQ.

As ArmA2 is fully intergratable with OA. If you're going to play a mission that was designed for A2, with ace or other addons. But you were using nothing from OA. Would there be any conflicts?

I realise that they are very people that would know the answer, but i feel its a good question nether the less

If you have ArmA2 and OA combined and load a mission that has been made for ArmA2 + ACE2 - why there should be a problem? As long as you have the ACE2 Mod loaded the mission just runs as before too.

The only problem that could arise is if there are compatibility problems with OA and ACE2 but that's really not BI's problem then. :)

Are straight up regular (no addon) missions compatible?

If you have ArmA2 together with OA: Yes.

Will any of the 3 OA terrains ("islands") have any sea coastline at all or will it be a desert only theme, (making the Arma 2 sea assets/ships/LHD's unusable for OA)?

No, there is little to no water. Don't get worried, there are like four water assets and they are not nearly a main focus of the game..

Will any of the 3 OA terrains ("islands") have any sea coastline at all or will it be a desert only theme, (making the Arma 2 sea assets/ships/LHD's unusable for OA)?

I haven't seen any coast in any screenshots or videos I don't think. That isn't a no for sure though I just wanted to note it.

why are you so excited about this upcoming crap? didnt you play ArmA2?

If it is "crap" for you, then why you bother to post here? Postcount spammer or troll? Please go away and let the people interested in the upcoming expansion discuss it without being interrupted.

@Rest

Please just ignore him :)

Any news on what retailers in the UK will sell this game yet? surely ordering online can't be the only option?

are we going to see an OA section? Mods complete etc.. betas..

Any news on what retailers in the UK will sell this game yet? surely ordering online can't be the only option?

Amazon UK has the DVD version for 21 bucks. Haven't seen it @ play.com yet.

Ehhh nevermind, you're looking for local retailers...

AxF FoX

I have no info about this yet but if so then shortly before release.

AxF FoX

Just to let you guys know I ordered this last night from Play.com for £16.99 with Free Delivery!

I notice in a lot of the OA screens the soldiers are wielding the SCAR-L. I would love to use the SCAR-H especially in that long range Takistan terrain. I'm worried that adding an infantry unit or squad they will all default to the SCAR-L. Do you think the editor will have an option to choose between the two?

The editor will not have the option to switch between them. There may be units who default to the -H, but we must wait and see.

I notice in a lot of the OA screens the soldiers are wielding the SCAR-L. I would love to use the SCAR-H especially in that long range Takistan terrain. I'm worried that adding an infantry unit or squad they will all default to the SCAR-L. Do you think the editor will have an option to choose between the two?

If you want to change the weapon of a SCAR-L soldier to a SCAR-H, in the initialization window in the unit creation screen you would type the following code (as a placeholder because I do not know the Ref ID, I will just use scarl and scarh as ref ID's)

you would type

this removeweapon "scarl"; this addweapon "scarh"; 

and you would use the codes

this removemagazine "magazinename"; 

and

this addmagazine "magazinename"; 

to add the different ammo between the rifles.

Anyone knows what plane that is ?

L39 Albatros ?

Edited by EricM

has a complete list of new units/weapons/vehicles been released yet? :confused: it seems like every week there are new and previously unannounced units revealed.

AxF FoX

Do let us know as i will be picking this up in the shops.

has a complete list of new units/weapons/vehicles been released yet? :confused: it seems like every week there are new and previously unannounced units revealed.

from what I have seen, with my own eyes:

SCAR-L

SCAR-H

SCAR-L Eotech (with or without GL)

SCAR-H Eotech (with or without GL)

SCAR-H thermal

SCAR-L thermal

SCAR-H with scope

M14 Aimpoint

m110

m60

FN FAL

m240 with aimpoint

new m249

that is all I can think of off the top of my head, but it is definitely not even close to all.