Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Place enough AI on Utes and it will be just as bad as Charnarus with AI...cos I can run Cherna great without AI.

So the AI is to blame.

Whats strange is I run the first scenario and game jumps way down to 25fps on Utes.But when I go into editor and place 30 AI against me it stays pegged at 60.Maybe something to do with complicated routines the AI are set to do?I had mine doing simple waypoints.

I broswed through BI twitter and its followers and I found this post from GobiCZ who received a review version of ArmA2:OA:

"Arma 2: Operation Arrowhed dohráno. Některé mise kampaně skvělé, jiné ztrácejí dech. Relativně krátké, přínosem je hlavně nová země, zbraně."

Roughly translated to English:

"I just finished ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead. Some campaign missions are awesome, some are losing its touch. It's relatively short, the best asset would be the new country and weapons."

Yeah, pretty sure we could take out t-90's with m1 machine guns... not sure if it was ever fixed in a patch but i remember being able to do this with mounted machine guns.

hopefully that was fixed and if not then hopefully OA has sorted this.

does anyone know what the main battle tank of the Takistani Army will be? i'm guessing it will be much weaker than the U.S tank? :confused:

does anyone know what the main battle tank of the Takistani Army will be? i'm guessing it will be much weaker than the U.S tank? :confused:

The T-72 seems to be their strongest tank and it might have thermal optics , the devs mentioned something about it somewhere .

Hah the T72, this is going to be another Sahrani style cakewalk for the heavy armour...

*prepares for 10 years of insurgency followed by humiliating withdrawl...*

Bring on the asymmetric warfare... ;)

Roughly translated to English:

"I just finished ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead. Some campaign missions are awesome, some are losing its touch. It's relatively short, the best asset would be the new country and weapons."

Sounds good.

All the building blocks needed for island makers/campaign makers in the community to make some more substantial stuff.

- Remembering footage of the 'town generator', it seemed to be just Afghan tribal-village-style buildings that Bis had organised for semi-random placement. Here's hoping that it either comes with the option to use Sahrani-style blockhouses (a la the recent Baghdad map), or that it's easy to reconfigure - these buildings all had symmetrical bases anyway, and were surrounded by rectangular compounds. Would make it easy to generate both less sophisticated tribal villages and more sophisticated city blocks.

Edited by Richey79

The new Trailer is about to be released!!!!

Scheduled by: Dwarden

well ... there is this video ... for You all ... to get excited about ... ETA is only approx ... soonâ„¢

will be posted in the OA official group

Aghhhh...awwwww...arrrgghh

I got heart palpitations :dead:

"Scheduled by Dwarden..."

"ETA is only approx..."

"Event is 17m 11s overdue"

LOL

"release is totally independent on the OGG"

Well, come on then, OGG!

"Scheduled by Dwarden..."

"ETA is only approx..."

"Event is 17m 11s overdue"

LOL

"release is totally independent on the OGG"

Well, come on then, OGG!

What a complete farce :/

Wow... All hell certainly breaks loose when something's delayed, doesn't it?

IF BIS DONT RELEASE THE TRAILER RIGHT NOW EVERYONE'S GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, what the fuck guys? Go out, inhale the fresh air and CALM DOWN.

Given that the community Q&A which should be answered by Bohemia is already 10 days late, i can't be surprised if a trailer is delayed a few hours...

Edited by Turin Turambar
edit: sp

Guys patience! BIS don't care about trailer , they care other things to the game etc

They said on tiscali - trailer will be , so wait

I cant take the anticipation, infact your all doing my head in :yay:

home-alone1243399120.png

img 97kb LOL

Given that the community Q&A which should be anwsered by Bohemia is already 10 days late, i can't be surprised if a trailer is delayed a few hours...

Or days...

Jaja

Seems just got up :D

Just as I thought - the Takistanis. :)

It started off a bit slow but then got rather good. I especially loved the music and the shots of Takistani tanks and aircraft firing. Very nicely done.

The new model soldiers' faces are very nice indeed. Will we be able to say goodbye to the uncanny valley?

Any words about demo before full game release?

If there had been, people would most certainly be talking about it.

Did anyone else notice the camera shake when the T-72 fired?? I really hope we get that effect ingame. LooKing good btw bis

Did anyone else notice the camera shake when the T-72 fired?? I really hope we get that effect ingame. LooKing good btw bis

Camera shaking was indeed mentioned as an improvement in the FAQ, it just wasn't made clear exactly when and how it will occur.

As I recall there was a similar camera shake back in one of the Arma2 preview videos, when a russian T-72 fired its cannon. In that case it turned out that such an effect isn't actually present in the game. It was just done manually for the video.

This time it may be different, but I guess we won't find out until either a dev elaborates on it, or the game is released. :)

@BIS Devs: We know you're reading this thread. Tell us! :p

Edited by MadDogX