Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

What ever...

AAN interview is cool tho :)

Edited by Mafia101

GTA Vice City 2?

LMAO what a fake :D

Yup, it's same old fake list posted around may, I thought it's new one, someone just posted it again in E3 thread in forums :S

... no one wants to see a Flashpoint Rising ...

Nice one. :D

I believe it will be the same as the original ArmA 2; e.g. hit-point system. Unfortunately, this is the only logical conclusion at the moment as not much information has been released or been made available regarding this matter. This does need to be fixed, an RPG-7 is not capable of penetrating the hull of an M1A2; in a related matter, the M136 AT4 is completely useless in ArmA 2 at the moment.

Do you know what the Flashpoint/Arma series have been lacking all along? It is location-dependent damage to armored units. Imagine that Abrams' hull front and turret front are completely impervious to light shoulder mounted RPGs and you have to flank it in order to hit the track sides or the back of the hull to destroy it. A single rocket to a specific weak spot should disable it. This means that tank hunting will not turn into a frantic attempt to place 2 rockets anywhere on the tank before it sees you, but instead a single accurate disabling shot.

As for kinetic "Sabot" rounds, the degree of impact should determine if damage is caused or not to a tank. So a 90 degree hit guarantees a puncture (this also depends on range and the location that is hit), and an impact at 40 or so degrees will just deflect the round with no damage being caused.

Do you know what the Flashpoint/Arma series have been lacking all along? It is location-dependent damage to armored units.

Not lacking, just very primitive and not terribly well implemented.

Do you know what the Flashpoint/Arma series have been lacking all along? It is location-dependent damage to armored units. Imagine that Abrams' hull front and turret front are completely impervious to light shoulder mounted RPGs and you have to flank it in order to hit the track sides or the back of the hull to destroy it. A single rocket to a specific weak spot should disable it. This means that tank hunting will not turn into a frantic attempt to place 2 rockets anywhere on the tank before it sees you, but instead a single accurate disabling shot.

As for kinetic "Sabot" rounds, the degree of impact should determine if damage is caused or not to a tank. So a 90 degree hit guarantees a puncture (this also depends on range and the location that is hit), and an impact at 40 or so degrees will just deflect the round with no damage being caused.

Couldnt agree more. Would add more to Tank vs Tank and Infanty vs Tank, as instead of aim, fire, you would have to make sure that the round you fire is going to do significant damage to your target.

Ref AAN Un Chief Weapon Inspectors.

Im guessing that seeing ARMA OA is a military simulator, in both missions and also the editor objects list, anything under "WMD" will be invisible and impossible to actually locate in a mission and impossible to place on maps, right?

Its pretty unrealistic otherwise. I hope BIS get this right.

They should have a "Men of War" type of penetration system.

Ref AAN Un Chief Weapon Inspectors.

Im guessing that seeing ARMA OA is a military simulator, in both missions and also the editor objects list, anything under "WMD" will be invisible and impossible to actually locate in a mission and impossible to place on maps?

Otherwise its pretty un-releastic otherwise.

Hehe, it took me a while but I actually got it. :D

That's great to hear, soon it will be gold everywhere! Hmm..kind of random but I wonder if, now that FLIR and heat tracking is implimented, is there a way to use that to emulate the overheating of weaponry.

Hm... now after gold status, is good time to release demo xD

I wonder what build has gone gold, since BIS is still churning out Beta patches faster than I can install them...

Will it use the new -exthread parameters and other fixes introduced in the latest beta patches or will it be on par with 1.05 ?

Marek: “We're very proud to have finally finished work on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Despite being labelled as a standalone expansion pack, the amount of content we have produced for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead constitutes a full game by any reasonable measurement, and we’re certain that once players get their hands on it on the 29th of June, they won’t be disappointed."

We take you by your word, Marek...

Good luck, BI!!

anyone know if they are gonna update the website to include the new factions and equipment?

I have the German version of Arma 2 but I will be buying the British version of OA. Will the whole game once installed be in English or German? :confused:

I have the German version of Arma 2 but I will be buying the British version of OA. Will the whole game once installed be in English or German? :confused:

The result wil be in Celtic

$39.99,bah why am I not surprised.Most of us already have the full game.Although OA is standalone,essentially its still just an extension.

Looks like the gold version(both games) is only $10 more.Those that never had Arma II are sure gonna get a deal at $49.99.:icon_neutral:

Edited by WarriorM4

I wonder what build has gone gold, since BIS is still churning out Beta patches faster than I can install them...

Will it use the new -exthread parameters and other fixes introduced in the latest beta patches or will it be on par with 1.05 ?

beta patches for OA?

beta patches for OA?

He's referring to the beta patches from ArmA 2. He wants to know if OA will being running along with 1.5 ArmA 2 or 1.5.*insert random number."

$39.99,bah why am I not surprised.Most of us already have the full game.Although OA is standalone,essentially its still just an extension.

Looks like the gold version(both games) is only $10 more.Those that never had Arma II are sure gonna get a deal at $49.99.:icon_neutral:

i'm a little bit disappointed with the price :( and as such i will be waiting for it to go down a bit.