Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

they have to improve it, after all, whats the use of every building enterable and destructible if the AI cannot enter them?

So what your saying is that if AI can't use buildings we could just aswell not have them... i'm sure there PvP people around who would disagree :p

No thanks Petko.

If Arma 2 or Arma franchise for that matter becomes anything less of a video game then I think i would have to seriously leave it.

So what your saying is that if AI can't use buildings we could just aswell not have them... i'm sure there PvP people around who would disagree :p

heh, yeah. I need to get out of the editor..

@JW Custom: What reviews? What, where, when, whoobast? I have not heard of any reviews yet, link them!

Has anyone else noticed that the voice actor in the "Little-Bird" preview is the same that "played" Coops? If that's not Coops in the squad, this game has the lowest production values ever.

Edited by Walts

@Walts, don't ask somebody to link them, there are way too many of them :) they are everywhere. Search through this thread, search through armaholic, armedassault.info, etc. etc. etc.

The Armaholic OA thread is much smaller, and you can find most of the reviews there.

Has anyone else noticed that the voice actor in the "Little-Bird" preview is the same that "played" Coops? If that's not Coops in the squad, this game has the lowest production values ever.

Yes, it's Coops. It's also the same voice actor that stares in ArmA1 as a normal voice and in ArmA1 QG as the merc leader voice. The nice thing is, in QG you don't have to endure his voice for long...

Tbh. I find his his voice his very annoying. He sounds like a robot, even in sentences that are not composed by single segments (generic radio speech like Target that man at 5 O'clock...) . A guy with his voice shouldn't be an voice actor, let allone be a recurring voice actor!

Edited by Icewindo

@Walts, don't ask somebody to link them, there are way too many of them :) they are everywhere. Search through this thread, search through armaholic, armedassault.info, etc. etc. etc.

The Armaholic OA thread is much smaller, and you can find most of the reviews there.

@JW Custom: What reviews? What, where, when, whoobast? I have not heard of any reviews yet, link them!

previews ;)

Ah, previews.

Seriously, this game will not be taken seriously until it gets better voice acting. It is ridiculous to hear the same guy (who sounds horrible) in 3 different games as 3 different characters. Notice how much more popular Men of War: Red Tide was than the (horribly voiced) original.

Ah, previews.

Seriously, this game will not be taken seriously until it gets better voice acting. It is ridiculous to hear the same guy (who sounds horrible) in 3 different games as 3 different characters.

If the campaign were the main selling point of the game, I would probably agree. As it is: no.

Seriously, this game will not be taken seriously until it gets better voice acting. It is ridiculous to hear the same guy (who sounds horrible) in 3 different games as 3 different characters. Notice how much more popular Men of War: Red Tide was than the (horribly voiced) original.

If you're basing the quality of a game off of only the voice acting then... You shouldn't be playing games. ;)

While I agree the voice acting is horrible in some places, as MadDogX says, it's not the reason I play the game.

they have to improve it, after all, whats the use of every building enterable and destructible if the AI cannot enter them?

Here's the part about AI/buildings from Armed Assault Info:

Town Generation Module

Bohemia Interactive provides here one of their miracle item : the "Town Construction Set" Module, one click on the map and you get a city, two cliks 2 cities or a large one ...it looks like a powerful enhancement for the sandboxes missions creators as well as for the casual gamers. Also here near all houses and building are enterable with a large amount of details.

Each settlement has its own name like Elsafi, Nesaraw, Farinjal, Khawak, Pasan or Hejan. We tested over 20 different settlements, disconnected from any roads they resemble a ghost towns in the middle of the desert. We tested also the performance in the spawned towns and how works the AI in this different settlements. And we can say that the AI have no problems to go through the towns. They went also into the houses, used the balconies and attack sometimes enemy forces from there.

It sounds promising.

Ah, previews.

hey remember when you are wrong because red tide is not popular at all. It's just a single player campaign and nobody cares about it.

Voice acting has nothing to do about game quality.

which is better? crappy voice acting or no voice acting at all? Some people that complain about the voice acting sounds like they would like there to be no voice acting at all instead of the current ones(not in this thread AFAIK, but in others not to mention any names)

I myself think of the "crappy" voice acting as a part of the charm. It has been crappy voice acting since OPF CWC, and people still play the games. I think it must be the digital drug that was mentioned here somewhere on the forums:shine:

Any word on increased audio channels? It's starting to annoy me that audio gets cut out in heavy firefights, because it uses too many channels.

Any word on increased audio channels? It's starting to annoy me that audio gets cut out in heavy firefights, because it uses too many channels.

According to some reports, the latest Arma2 betas already have this implemented.

Another thing I'm interested in hearing are the new whispered radio comms, which were officially confirmed in the FAQ. Haven't seen any sign of those in the preview material so far.

Isnt that fixed in one of the latest beta's? Some users have reported improvements on this subject in one of the beta patch threads.

So I guess that translation of the BIS dev on gamepage OA video 2 was bullocks.

He was referring to better radio chatter not brand new updated sound engine...

I was looking forward to that alot.

please tell me im wrong. :(

still no use of soundcards aswell.

So I guess that translation of the BIS dev on gamepage OA video 2 was bullocks.

I had 3 Hungarians translating me that and I'm pretty sure many more watched it and would comment if it was incorrect. I stand by what it says.

Voice acting has nothing to do about game quality.

Err, what? If it shapes gameplay (and that 12 year old in the arma2 campaign always took me out of immersion) than it's part of the game quality.

Ah, previews.

What? There's people talking in the game? I didn't notice... :j:

Yeah, because voice acting needs to be cinematic in a mil-sim.:rolleyes:

Yeah, because voice acting needs to be cinematic in a mil-sim.:rolleyes:

This. The only thing I want improved is their tone while speaking to superiors the way they communicate to each other and officers, you dont go "Hey Dude" to a Leuitenant. ;) (Although in real life I mess with my friend whos a 2nd LT in US Army ROTC) :p

Also that theres no 12 year old kids (Kowloski) that totally ruined the mood for me on Trial by Fire, so no little kids doing voice overs Bohemia!

and for the pain moanings a OPFOR shouldnt say "Ah fack" or "Fuck my leg it HURTSSS!" and the pain moanings sound very weird....

Im not expecting 50 cent to have a Cameo and saying

"Move out Marines" "To be or not to be...."

People who say this FLIR mechanic isnt as good as the one in Dragon Rising are lunatics!

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/026/026067/img_7715439.html

Whens that Exclusive info and answers to the FAQ coming BIS?

Sorry but im extremely hyped up for OA!

Edited by Flash Thunder

Ahhh we have 2h to get 8 more members in steam oa group :D, GUYS!

Ahhh we have 2h to get 8 more members in steam oa group :D, GUYS!

We already reached the 4k mark on the other group though. :)