Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Do you know what the Flashpoint/Arma series have been lacking all along? It is location-dependent damage to armored units. Imagine that Abrams' hull front and turret front are completely impervious to light shoulder mounted RPGs and you have to flank it in order to hit the track sides or the back of the hull to destroy it. A single rocket to a specific weak spot should disable it. This means that tank hunting will not turn into a frantic attempt to place 2 rockets anywhere on the tank before it sees you, but instead a single accurate disabling shot.

As for kinetic "Sabot" rounds, the degree of impact should determine if damage is caused or not to a tank. So a 90 degree hit guarantees a puncture (this also depends on range and the location that is hit), and an impact at 40 or so degrees will just deflect the round with no damage being caused.

Its done pretty well in ACE, scratch that VERY well.

i guess its legit now! the banner add at the top of the page has changed :p

NOO! i forgot to ask BI if recoil simulation is coming back :( It probably isn't.. oh well, back to Armed Assault..

or not.. i really REALLY hope it is there.

i'm a little bit disappointed with the price :( and as such i will be waiting for it to go down a bit.

Then,I'll inform you that "A2OA for Japanese" costs nearly $80.

You must be more advantaged than us ;)

Are these vehicles available in A2OA? Look here and here. ;) :p

pretty much ya but some vehicles are missing from there ...

:dancehead: :jump_clap:

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead has gone GOLD

I just got a IM from Sion Lenton

Should I put it on here or do you guys already know? ;)

Its on a scale never before seen...

Now I need to try the demo.

Lets see...the including of VBS2's FLIR, added features..the ability for the game to play on it's own enhanced engine without the requirement of having Arma2 installed...and you think that it should be around $30 or something?

Lets see...the including of VBS2's FLIR, added features..the ability for the game to play on it's own enhanced engine without the requirement of having Arma2 installed...and you think that it should be around $30 or something?

Yeah, and why would people really complain about the price!!???

Do the math yourself

OA features ITS STANDALONE Doesnt require Arma 2, Editor, PVP, Coop endless fun in editor with mods for around 30-40 dollars.

Stop crying about the price. What other PC game could offer so much gameplay for 30-40 bucks. *crickets*

@FT: Actually, yeah I think it should be thirty. Right now, I would only pay like $45 for A2. Right now, X3 Space Simulator is $20, and that game has at least 400 hours of gameplay.

Edited by Walts

i'm a little bit disappointed with the price :( and as such i will be waiting for it to go down a bit.

What the hell kinda price do you expect...? :confused:

$40 is already cheaper than most games and OA will include even more than ArmA 2 did...for less money. I don't understand how people are complaining!!?!

I'd pay MORE for OA, but it's only $40. Jeez people, it's cheap compared to most other games...

What the hell kinda price do you expect...? :confused:

$40 is already cheaper than most games and OA will include even more than ArmA 2 did...for less money. I don't understand how people are complaining!!?!

I'd pay MORE for OA, but it's only $40. Jeez people, it's cheap compared to most other games...

What he said .....and Preordered mine on amazon. says it will ship the 24th be at me casa on the 28th. lets hope thats correct info lol :yay:

Whens the demo coming out?

The biggest mystery known to man, nobody knows the answer not even God himself.

This is the number one question right now, I feel that I can speak for entire community. Not even an exact date would be a godsend. We could use an announcement of something just like a week, a month or not at all.

Hey guys don't know if this has been asked already but assuming OA goes on its usual track Australia will be one of the last to get it.

My question is this. If I purchase the digital download from sprocket and so do my clan mates, is it possible to burn the install files to disc and they simply install using the serial that they get when they purchased there copies?

So what is up with no Steam version on the www.arma2.com?

Will it be available on Steam or am I sol?

Considering it's recently gone gold. You probably wont see it on Steam for another week (till they have it). It'll be there, or half this forum, and the ArmA section on Steam's is gonna be buttfuckingly crazy for a few weeks.

Wouldn't buy it on Steam, anyway. They have bad reputation for patching (otherwise known as fucking everything) the AA games. Sprocket all the way!

Wouldn't buy it on Steam, anyway. They have bad reputation for patching (otherwise known as fucking everything) the AA games. Sprocket all the way!

Do what now?

What he said .....and Preordered mine on amazon. says it will ship the 24th be at me casa on the 28th. lets hope thats correct info lol :yay:

How would you get it before the actual release date...?

More importantly....Distributors don't ship games before the actual release date. I've never seen them ship a game before its actual release date.

You're info is most likely wrong man. :(

Might have to wait a few days after the 29th to have OA...

Proud pre-orderer here :)

Placed it to Amazon, and they said the game will arrive 29th June - 1st july.

The game has gone gold, they are being produced, so the only thing we are waiting is the shops to fill shelves everywhere. They are able to ship game before actual release date, so it arrives the day the game is released.

C ya on the field... I see you with mah FLIR, have fun in a bush ;)

@Enad: Actually happens a lot. I got my copy of STALKER CS 3 days before the release from A-zon.

@Steakslim: Buy it from Sprocket, they are a wonderful company.