Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Blup. I've got nothing against his postings...I for one am of the opinion that he should just keep it in one thread (as suggested to him by W0lle). When a thread called A Magazine is a Tablet That Does Not Work gets locked, and then he creates a thread called Beyond the Tablet, I think that the forum just gets messy. Looking at the forum right now, SIX of the threads on the first page have been started by him.

I know that I'm complaining about first world problems here, and I really don't have anything against the guy, but I would like it if it were in all one big thread....kinda like how everything related to American Politics is in one big thread to prevent the forum from becoming a mess.

I don't think that this is an unreasonable request.

Abs

I try and read every post that is of interest to me on these forums. If I find it interesting then its interesting. End of the day it doesnt matter who posts...

With general topics/stickys like:

"Discussion about conflicts, wars and battles"

"Discussion about science, technology and invention"

"Discussion on politics, economy and culture"

it could be simple + clear. Less clutter, better overview and quick-finding themes of interest. ;)

Doing everything in few big large threads can have disadvantages, and IMO should only be used when the topic is really orientated around a single thing, like a single thread for a Mod in the A&M Complete section.

On a side note; One can also create a Social group and create as many threads within the Social group as needed. In that case the issue could be reduced exposure..

Although then a single thread in the OffTopic forums could be an index for it ... hmm :D

Community Made Tools/Utilities section missing from Take On Helicopters Editing section: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Can we haz? :D ty!

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

BI Forum time runs about 3-4 minutes ahead of atomic clock (Time for NTP? :D).

I'm also in the let the man post camp.

I'm also in the let the man post camp.

Let him post, but let him also follow the instruction of the moderators:

Or atleast make one thread for your discovers instead starting 2 Tech threads here every day. I suggested that already some weeks back btw.

Let him post, but let him also follow the instruction of the moderators:

Then there is the problem of having four different discussions in one thread which just makes it confusing and time consuming for those who want to follow the conversation.

The ones that do not cause a discussion to take place should be put into a thread with all the other ones that don't cause a discussion.Otherwise known as Walker's news thread.

Solution:

1. Walker opens a blog page and moderators make a sticky to the URL called "Walker Place" for all one shot "things I found on the web" threads :)

2. Moderators make a forum section dedicated to walkers posts as a sub area of "off topic" as we like it all really :)

3. Employ Walker to moderator status and have some fun :)

4. Let it be as it is already.

5. Dont have an off topic area at all.

6. Format hard-drive and detach from everything.

Edited by mrcash2009

I find most of Walkers threads interesting, at least I learn something new from them sometimes and it's better than reading all the conflict/war and political threads that just make people angry at each other when they don't agree.

Plus at least the off topic section isn't so dead with the new threads.

But I have to agree that too many of them will get the forum cluttered so one thread would be enough. So what else is there to say, w0lle pretty much said everything that needs to be said. unknown.gif

Edited by -Martin-

I find those posts typically harmless and sometimes interesting.

Maybe just some "in moderation" guidelines ;)

xxxxx

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Since when did the forums get a Google Ad on the bottom left? :bored:

Since when did the forums get a Google Ad on the bottom left? :bored:

we are testing GADs , that's why ... and it's bottom so feel free to ignore

So because it's on the bottom it makes it less worse?

The annoying flash banners on top already sucks, there's really no need to have ads now on the forum as well.

So because it's on the bottom it makes it less worse?

The annoying flash banners on top already sucks, there's really no need to have ads now on the forum as well.

I have Ad Block Plus on my firefox, the shitty flash banner is banned (tho annoyingly they change it enough that it has to be re-blocked) and *ALL* google adverts are blacklisted too, so I never see any of it :yay:

(I would suggest you do similar)

Only problems I have with flash / ads is that they have animations, and that negatively influences RemoteDesktop (RDP) performance - which I am affected by mostly during the daytime.

So I block them, indeed with plugins like AdBlockPlus etc. Otherwise im fine with flash/ads.

Hi

can someone enlighten me, on why the USA politics thread has been closed?

thanks for your reply.

regards

Hi

can someone enlighten me, on why the USA politics thread has been closed?

thanks for your reply.

regards

A quick non-scientific analysis suggests (to me) that other threads were closed due to their contents being more suitable for the US politics thread, but when that thread is used for those topics it was deemed too off-topic.

A quick non-scientific analysis suggests (to me) that other threads were closed due to their contents being more suitable for the US politics thread, but when that thread is used for those topics it was deemed too off-topic.
Yes it was all a bit strange, would be nice if a moderator simply posted a reason such as "No more OWS threads please its getting to de-railed" while locking, or something like that. Or even a post in US politics thread with a warning to stop that doing the same?

Im all for moderation etc, but recently locks appear and no "sign off from a moderators reason", no issues with why its locked, but knowing exactly why would be clearer for everyone, seen it in many other threads.

Im all for moderation etc, but recently locks appear and no "sign off from a moderators reason", no issues with why its locked, but knowing exactly why would be clearer for everyone, seen it in many other threads.

I agree. "Okay, that's enough." isn't a reason that anyone is going to learn anything from.

Abs

I have Ad Block Plus on my firefox, the shitty flash banner is banned (tho annoyingly they change it enough that it has to be re-blocked) and *ALL* google adverts are blacklisted too, so I never see any of it :yay:

(I would suggest you do similar)

Of course I use adblock and noscript here too. And yes, it indeed sucks that they change the flash banner every here and then. :D

At work I'm forced to work with IE though and see all that madness. :mad:

Re. the closed thread, I agree that it would have been better to add a reason why its closed. Maybe the Moderator in question wanted to avoid dealing with hundreds of protest PMs. :D

And no, before you get any ideas - it wasn't me. Really not.