Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Can we please get a statement on the URL shortening?

Is it impossible, admin not available currently, someone looked into it already, no one bothered so far?

You asked that the 2nd time now. Since you got no answer the first time, you could consider that

1) no one knows the answer

2) those who know the answer don't read it

3) no one cares :D

If I need to copy/paste a link I press e0lniu.gif

Posting links yourself, utilize BBCode:

[url=www.loooooooooooong.dot]www.long.dot[\url]

Your mother is a very fat woman who deserves to be shot lalalalalalalalaaBLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2035486&postcount=687

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2035486&postcount=687

Clearly all links are shortened, normal text isnt. It has always annoyed me.

EDIT: Because i want nothing shortened, if normal text was also shortened i would probably have started this discussion myself. :p

Edited by NeMeSiS

OFFTOPIC: Politics & uncool topics

Anything slightly political or similar uncool goes here and nowhere else, don't try cross the red thin line!

As I will probably frequent the new 'padded cell' a great deal. Could we have a definition of 'uncool topics' and 'similar uncool' please? I would not like to unknowingly cross any thin red lines. :)

It's moot, the split is removed.

bistudio.com website wierdness.

If I go bistudio.com -> Games -> ArmA2 -> ArmA2 Co -> Find updates...

In Chrome, I get bumped back to bistudio.com, but in Firefox and IE, I get the page listing the game updates. I've got my birthdate right at the front (and, annoyingly) again when I go from bistudio.com to arma2.com, so this behaviour is odd.

Thank you very much for give me permissions to upload my signature !!! :yay:

Really guys? We now have to click offtopic, and then click the offtopic gaming sub forum to read game topics? I'd understand it if the subforum showed up on the main page, but in its current configuration it doesn't make much sense.

Also, while you're at it, please make a subforum for Walker's topics. :pray:

Abs

Not anymore.

And no, Walker will get no extra attention. He's still advised to make his own News of the World Blog. :)

And no, Walker will get no extra attention. He's still advised to make his own News of the World Blog. :)

Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

Abs

Really guys? We now have to click offtopic, and then click the offtopic gaming sub forum to read game topics? I'd understand it if the subforum showed up on the main page, but in its current configuration it doesn't make much sense.

Also, while you're at it, please make a subforum for Walker's topics. :pray:

Abs

Yeah that was an oversight, it's now a subforum of the forum OT rather than the category OT

Yeah that was an oversight, it's now a subforum of the forum OT rather than the category OT

I think that this is the issue I was raising to begin with. It's not quite good for navigation this way.

Currently, the gaming forum is hidden.

Main page --> OT --> OT:Gaming

This way we have a choice, and will get to the relevant section quicker.

Main page --> OT

Main page --> OT:Gaming

So, IMHO it's better as a subforum of the OT category.

Abs

Where would be the most appropriate place to post this?

Has any addon maker anywhere ever succeeded in making a native FSM for ArmA2?

HeliJunkie apparently made a small native FSM for ArmA1 that makes soldiers go prone, but in ArmA2 the code seems to simply make the AI never move. That's at least what happens when I try to copy-paste it into a cfgFSMs class and also make a unit with fsmFormation = "HJ_Debug".

So does anyone know of an addon which uses native FSMs for AI behaviour modification?

I'm torn between the Arma2 -- Addon Config Editing forum or a post to the Addons & Mods -- Complete -- Addon Request thread. Would kinda prefer the second one just cause it'd probably get more attention, but you know what they say about how looking for attention killed the hamster. :eek: