Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Talking about a certain mod can only be done in the thread created for it. Since that got locked on uk-force request, starting another breaks the forums rules.

But talking about server adminning, stopping hacks, running mods, etc. is not the same with or without using PR on your server?

Although posting a mission for PR kind of breaks PR eula anyways.

Please, this is incorrect fact. I can post the mission if I want, its the matter of using it. But this is not my point.

But talking about server adminning, stopping hacks, running mods, etc. is not the same with or without using PR on your server?

Obviously it is (don't know about running mods there). But then you answered you own question. I don't know what thread you are talking about in the first place, but i really doubt any admin around here will disallow talk about PR as you put it down

Well, for an example, this one: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124616

As soon as the word PR got spoken, came the lock. That thread was made with a purpose of trying to explain it was not them who hacked someones server. Yes, word PR got mentioned, only because the OP's staff got jumped on PR server admins.

Several servers have been reporting that their PR/ARMA2 servers

As stated earlier all PR related discussions belong on the PR forums.

Why that one topic is allowed I do not know so I can't comment on that.

Additionally there are numerous topics about those accusations already, all locked.

I fail to see why this one should stay open as it serves nothing which was not already stated in the other locked topics.

Edited by Guest
fixed typo

Well, fine, W/E, its your forum after all, but I fail to see a point locking a thread due to mentioning PR somewhere inside the topic.

Think about this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2021409&postcount=27

Is it okay for a moderator to ban someone for (jokingly I believe hence the "ali baba" comment) calling people mentally retarded, but not before calling them an idiot.

Actually, I know the reply I would get. So, I'll just leave this as a thought! I'm not going to challenge it in anymore magnitude than this.

Edited by Dead3yez

Is it okay for a moderator to ban someone for calling people mentally retarded.

Great action imo. Plenty of people insulting others these days, posting disrespectful remarks, polluting remembrance threads with their conspiracy rubbish and ruining other threads by turning everything into discussions about wars for oil, new world order and other BS. There are plenty of forums dedicated to calling people names or posting random brainfarts like conspiracy theories or other "facts", the BIS forum has never been one of them.

Think about this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2021409&postcount=27

Is it okay for a moderator to ban someone for (jokingly I believe hence the "ali baba" comment) calling people mentally retarded, but not before calling them an idiot.

Your argument is based on untrue premises. He banned the user in question for poluting a rememberance thread with conspiracy trash, not what ever you seem to think happened there.

Edited by Max Power

Is it a conspiracy theory when even the US government is speaking the same thing?

Is it a conspiracy theory when even the US government is speaking the same thing?

Would you like to know what happens to people who try to derail the thread and try to talk about what they want on a thread not made for it?

notice the +/- sign on the righttop side, above the sticky threads line? Where it says Show|Hide Sticky Threads (that i personally requested when the new template was being built)? Might wanna use that, it remembers preferances

notice the +/- sign on the righttop side, above the sticky threads line? Where it says Show|Hide Sticky Threads (that i personally requested when the new template was being built)? Might wanna use that, it remembers preferances

A nice feature, but that requires me to remember what topics are stickies and which ones arent if i look for something. ;)

Why was this thread closed?

Israeli Defence Forces in Project Reality: ArmA 2

Is it really meaningful to ban even mods for PR (unit packs) in the BIF?

Can UK_Force speak for every PR affiliate (that said he may not even want this).

You should really review this decision and talk to PR core team first.

The old 'no notification emails' problem seems to be back. Feed those hamsters! :)

Am I the only one with this problem or are you guys just ignoring me?

Why was this thread closed?

Israeli Defence Forces in Project Reality: ArmA 2

Is it really meaningful to ban even mods for PR (unit packs) in the BIF?

Can UK_Force speak for every PR affiliate (that said he may not even want this).

You should really review this decision and talk to PR core team first.

Instructions were clear, all PR related discussions belong on the PR forums, and so that includes topics where one is looking for addittional developers for PR content.

The PR dev's themselves told the BIS moderators they do not want any PR discussion here so I am simply following instructions from both parties.

The subject has the attention of most involved and future will tell if those instructions will change. I cant and wont comment on that further.

Am I the only one with this problem or are you guys just ignoring me?

The hamster is playing RO2, at least thats the last I heard.

Why is it when i come onto the offtopic section i always see more closed locked topics than active ones? Does it cost you money every times someone opens a thread? It just seems a bit overkill to close everything all the time.

I do hope the BIS moderators are having a very intense internal discussion about the *mod that shall not be named* because I personally find the pretence and logic leaks like ship made of fencing wire.

"all discussion not authorised, unless we direct you to 'use' another forum, by our rules" ........... wow.

Why is it when i come onto the offtopic section i always see more closed locked topics than active ones? Does it cost you money every times someone opens a thread? It just seems a bit overkill to close everything all the time.

Well, it seems that they want to keep the Offtopic forum as a 'serious discussions only' place, without adding another one where we can poop youtube videos and talk about bronies, which is not entirely clear to everyone since its rather different from most other forums.

The PR dev's themselves told the BIS moderators they do not want any PR discussion here so I am simply following instructions from both parties.

If that is the case, why are the same dev's telling the other story? They only wanted to lock that thread and said they themselves will not post.

The moderating team decided that there won't be any more PR threads in this forum because

1) Sooner or later every PR thread we had so far here turned into a shitstorm

2) The PR team said two times already that they see BI Forums not as a place to discuss their work (usually when criticism exceeds the praising), hence there is no reason to have any threads about PR made by a third party

They created that thread because UK_FORCE instructed them to do so.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f443-pr-arma2-community-modding/102850-faction-israeli-defence-forces-design-plan-5.html#post1666807

...or, rather, 'suggested' that they recruit through the BIForums.

Which is another reason for all PR threads being locked, even in the squads and fanpages forum.

The BI Forums are not good enough for PR, but for recruiting people all of the sudden it is. :rolleyes:

Gnat;2024050']I do hope the BIS moderators are having a very intense internal discussion about the *mod that shall not be named* because I personally find the pretence and logic leaks like ship made of fencing wire.

"all discussion not authorised' date=' unless we direct you to 'use' another forum, by our rules" ........... wow.[/quote']

'mod that shall not be named' is not true, the PR Mod can be named at any time, we just do not allow any discussion about it anymore. :)

I really hope we can end that question and answer game now re. PR as it won't change anything. The decision has been made and will be enforced.

We close threads when they are either pointless, used to create a shitstorm or just have been started because someone was bored.

We have better things to do than monitoring and moderating such threads, hence they are simply closed when it gets too much. :)

.... The BI Forums are not good enough for PR, but for recruiting people all of the sudden it is. :rolleyes:

My faith in you guys was not misguided. GJ

The old 'no notification emails' problem seems to be back. Feed those hamsters! :)

All being well this and the captcha were fixed today, please let me know if this isn't the case?

Generally it's because people forget that this OT isn't like most other OT where any old crap is allowed, only decent crap that has a basis for discussion is allowed in our OT :)

All being well this and the captcha were fixed today, please let me know if this isn't the case?
Muchos gracias senior!

That was rather annoying to miss (subscription emails) :P

And confirmed, had my first subscription email again @ 15:13 CET today ;)

Edited by Sickboy