Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

I've got an error for my user account; in my upper right corner it shows me:

Your Notifications: 65,535

Well, apparently I don't have that many notifications pending :)

Gnat;1904049']lol ... maybe you deleted 1 too many ;)

Well, I now know that the board uses 16bit unsigned integers...

Perhaps I'll have 0 notifications if you send me a PM :D

Can we have a "Help Wanted/Looking for Work" forum?

I'm not part of any mod team, and I just work on projects I'm interested from time to time. I don't have all the skills to make a professional level addon, but this doesn't mean that the skills that I do have are not at a professional level. So, if I was looking to help someone out, I could post a Looking for Work post, stating my skills, and what I can contribute. Maybe a few screenshots of what I've done.

On the flipside, maybe a mod is looking for a particular skillset for one project. Let's say they need a texturer so that they can finally push this one addon out the door. They would post that they need a texturer to work on this one particular model, and the details of what that entails. This way they could post what projects still need help, and those addon makers who have a bit of free time and want to work on something different can connect with them.

Just a thought that went through my mind as I grew bored of texturing my shuttle and wanted to see if I could help a random mod.

Abs

Seening the temper, paranoia and unproductiveness* of the 'ArmA 2 site hacked' thread, wouldn't it be wise to get a cool-down period until the next "hack"? It seems this thread is causing unnecessary amount of divisions and hostilities between members - and all this for a PR puzzle. For me this puzzle thread has lost all entertainment value in its current state.

*(Spam and speculations, far beyond the puzzle itself, is clogging most of the thread. And as a result it might be hard for new and/or uninformed members to filter out, read and understand the development of this puzzle)

Edited by colossus

Seening the temper, paranoia and unproductiveness* of the 'ArmA 2 site hacked' thread, wouldn't it be wise to get a cool-down period until the next "hack"? It seems this thread is causing unnecessary amount of divisions and hostilities between members - and all this for a PR puzzle. For me this puzzle thread has lost all entertainment value in its current state.

*(Spam and speculations, far beyond the puzzle itself, is clogging most of the thread. And as a result it might be hard for new and/or uninformed members to filter out, read and understand the development of this puzzle)

I vote against your hack cool down period. I am however for a separate speculation thread with the possibility of the decipher thread being locked until hacks come out but then that ruins the illusion and also reveals to us when we have figured everything out which I doubt we have at this point.

Edit: My Idea on how to do this here: Jakerod Post

Edit: I think you should give UnuldorCZ's the "Hero of the BIS Republic" title. (Unless you know something I don't)

Edited by Jakerod

We seriously just need some moderation in the Hack thread. There's so much shit being posted it's unreal.

I just removed a couple of spam and chat posts, but for effectively moderating that thread we would need a moderator just for that one. :D

I vote the next person who mentions outerra is sterilised. It's for the good of the planet.

I vote the next person who mentions outerra is sterilised. It's for the good of the planet.

i subscribe to this one. same goes for physiX (as if this is the only freaking physics engine out there)

any chance for someone too look over O2 editing forums and move the community tools and plugs over the newly created subforums in the same section?

EDIT: a merge between the two of the 3ds max tools threads would be in order i guess, might wanna ask SA though :)

Thank you very much

Edited by PuFu

I already asked about this PuFu ...... was told some tools stay.

....... so I mimic in Tools section with a link back to Modelling section.

Any chance of opening a new thread for ARMA3? :rolleyes:

---[Edit]---

Thanks, just noticed :D

Edited by SASrecon

§16) Keep avatars and signatures within forum regulations

• Total maximum signature size is 600x150 px (text and/or images combined). Total maximum image size is 100KB.
  • Avatar filesize must not exceed 100KB.
  • Signature and avatar must be quiet, no sounds may be played back in them by any means.
  • No flame-baiting or similar material and/or text that others may find offensive is allowed to be displayed.

The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Taken from here.

The thread gets buried behind dozens of posts that are almost spam. It would hurt anything to get it stickied...

I understand the reason the Squads forum was switched to pre-moderated, but isn't it time we went back to an open model? It's highly inconvenient that you always have to wait for moderator approvement.

Couldn't we have a test month to see if people can keep it calm and only post in their own squad's threads?

No.

Simply because the stupid bitching about threads from other squads is still present. Just 2 weeks ago some kid complained about a thread where we approved 2 posts in one day. :rolleyes:

In addition to above it's obvious that the majority of users there don't care about the forum rules nor the guidelines for that forum.

Images over 100kb are removed on a daily basis, also comments like "Great squad" or "I just applied" which are clearly forbidden.

Advertising your squad here is a privilege, not a right. If the waiting time is too long for you then you are free to find another place to advertise it.

There used to be a very useful thread path link at the bottom of each page, similar to the one at the top of each page. Can we get that back please? Just saves us scrolling all the way back to the top.

There used to be a very useful thread path link at the bottom of each page, similar to the one at the top of each page. Can we get that back please? Just saves us scrolling all the way back to the top.

The "HOME" and "END" buttons on your keyboard exist for just such a purpose ;)