sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

sickboy: take a look at AI engaging from very silly positions. Once I got shot by AI:

-running at full speed

-90 degrees turned away from me

-looking in completely opposite direction smile_o.gif

They usually fire a shot even during the animation to prone position smile_o.gif that gives AI with deadly accuracy and advantage over human player. So, I would recommend server settings around 0.35!

We played on local server, with basically no lag.

sickboy: take a look at AI engaging from very silly positions. Once I got shot by AI:

-running at full speed

They usually fire a shot even during the animation to prone position smile_o.gif that gives AI with deadly accuracy and advantage over human player. So, I would recommend server settings around 0.35!

We played on local server, with basically no lag.

Reproducable situation / Video would be helpful.

Server Setting 0.35!? smile_o.gif What are you guys playing? 10 players vs 400 AI? biggrin_o.gif

(Also did you mean Skill, or Accuracy Settings, or both?)

Is the behaviour you mention a problem with default AI settings, or the ones we use in ACE? Incase it's in ACE, would you be so kind to try running without the ace_sys_suppression addon?

I'm wondering are there any singleplayer ACE missions exist? This is such a great mod but all the missions are either coop or PvP. In my case it's been the same for all great addons, there's no singleplayer missions around, one has to them themselves.

Hey guys, great update loving the mod. Just a quick question, are there any plans to give infantry a morphine ampule aswell as the 2 bandages as standard. Its not an issue if you have medical supplys but for those missions when your just thrown into the mix would be helpful.

Nope...Stupid AI switch back FFAR.

And my stick is useles now...

Who decided to mess with key bindings??

NOT a good idea.

PS: Tried Manual fire..Same thing, Space+F doesent change

weapons. It tries but it is switched back.

keeping pressed the space bar, switch weapons with f , but not release the space bar , now you can select targets with tab as always and fire(with CTRL , or left mouse in manual fire)

-running at full speed

They usually fire a shot even during the animation to prone position smile_o.gif that gives AI with deadly accuracy and advantage over human player.

I think these "little things" came from a imo to much extreme use of heavy changed config parameters in the ACE Mod.

In most cases a lot of parameters got a factor of 4 to 8 compared to BIS Configs. huh.gif

I'm wondering are there any singleplayer ACE missions exist? This is such a great mod but all the missions are either coop or PvP. In my case it's been the same for all great addons, there's no singleplayer missions around, one has to them themselves.

A.C.E. Mod is a full conversion mod. Meaning that most if not all of the default stuff has been replaced and/or tweaked.

Any mission played with A.C.E. will have the A.C.E. features available, apart from of course the new models which aren't used in missions.

Hi, i was playing a beatiful and difficult mission with ACE and this message showed up repeteadly :

jtx8gm.jpg

btw , i use a soldier replacement to use Jonny's marines by default, and it works fine except the medic that is not changed, it appears the default BIS ACU cammo one, could this be sorted out ?

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me or the new patch made ace uncompatible with other mods? The 1.00 was able to cooperate with gl3, ecs, since 1.01 if i load any other mod, ace doesnt start. I tried it with the new xeh(installed with the patch) fired only.
We strive for good compatibility with Community Standards. I use ACE with a lot of stuff and have no such compatibility issues.

Do you mean the game starts, but the ace features don't work? Sounds like you're using an addon which is not XEH compatible and overrules all others.

Why this would change between patches, is a bit of a mystery smile_o.gif

Well I just use 2 addons beside ACE and they were working together before the patch for sure.

Now the game starts but the ace features dont work(like the sight adjustment, grenade mode change, etc...) If I load ace alone they do. I say again before the patch they did. Is that possible to use the xeh from the 1.00 maybe? Oh, and of course no other xeh was fired just the 1 from the ace mod, of course and ace was the last in the starting line.

Thx in advance

What about some descriptive A.C.E. vids + training missions? Think of this simple mission that was released with Truemods - people could play+see the differences between default ArmA and ArmA with Truemods. Keep it short and simple smile_o.gif

Out of curiosity how stamina, health, ballistics, vehicles and all other features are working out of the A.C.E. box? Only thinking that some addons could be released as standalones apart from A.C.E. and "in use with A.C.E" they get some nice additional extras. Or are there adhesion contracts that prevent alternative releases of standalone addons by creator?

Nope...Stupid AI switch back FFAR.

And my stick is useles now...

Who decided to mess with key bindings??

NOT a good idea.

PS: Tried Manual fire..Same thing, Space+F doesent change

weapons. It tries but it is switched back.

keeping pressed the space bar, switch weapons with f , but not release the space bar , now you can select targets with tab as always and fire(with CTRL , or left mouse in manual fire)

Well, spacebar is tied to COMMANDING AI´s aswell

keeping it pressed and fireing mess up my AI´s...

BTW...That heli im talkin about is unarmed with tows and

stuff in editor...

If i place a Heli and me as pilot its unarmed. I have to

manually rearm from a truck.

If this is possible or already suggested my aplology.

It would be helpful to be able to Disable ACE Features of choice in the Init like Mandoble Bombs does giving us control over what features are not right for some missions.

Great Mod!

It would be helpful to be able to Disable ACE Features of choice in the Init like Mandoble Bombs does giving us control over what features are not right for some missions.

Great Mod!

Nearly every feature has this ability. Just not documented atm i'm afraid.

We're looking for members :-D

I just going to say one thing more about the sway. I said i was going to shut up but i got an idea about it.

The weapon resting will not suffer or become obsolete if the sway tones down as it will be an invaluable feature when (a) we have ran and are tired, and (b) when we are hurt. So even if the sway becomes more steady when we are healthy and not tired resting the weapon will still be used a lot (and it really is an amazing feature!wink_o.gif. And i think that will be closer to reality wich the mod strives for.

Maybe i speak for myself, but i want to feel like a well trained soldier when i play rather than just the average joe that picks up a weapon and goes to war. smile_o.gif We tested the aim hard during MP play last night to feel it out, and our hit rate was lowered a lot. You do want to feel at least pretty accurate when you sit crouched and aim, but the aim is even more twitchy when sitting in this version of the beta than vanilla standing. It feels like your tired or hurt from start.

So whatever is decided i hope it gets toned down or will come with an option (pbo/logic?) to change it so we do feel like we are well trained soldiers on the battle field. I love this mod and so far the sway is the only annoyance. The more advanced parts of the mod i leave to the rest of you guys to report on. wink_o.gif

Thanks again, and now i will shut up on this matter.

Regards

Alex

Hi, i was playing a beatiful and difficult mission with ACE and this message showed up repeteadly :

This happens if the string (or in this case name) contains some special chars like ' or "

In this particular case the system thinks that the string is over after 'William O' and can't handle the part behind the O'

One workaround is to convert the string to an array and on the receiver side back to a string.

Xeno

Great Mod!

Nearly every feature has this ability. Just not documented atm i'm afraid.

We're looking for members :-D

Thats good to hear. I guess that answers my PM I sent to you sickboy. If I knew how to document I would. I just dont know how yet.

Is there a reason for the insane amount of performance lost whilst using ACE?

Apart from detailed models and running scripts - no.

You need to pay for new features somehow. wink_o.gif

Hello there i have an suggestion.

In the Arma/Dta/Ace ACE_Tracking.hpp is it possible to add an option to enable and disable the group name. And have it so just a marker appears, becuase a lot of maps also use custom map markers with names and when they overlap looks terrible. I dont think just having the actuall marker overlapping is bad but the names. And since it just shows things like WEST-1-1-A it would be nice to disable that and just keep the marker.

I'm having problems getting my AI to attack when I am in their vehicle.

Is there anyway for ACE to solve this (apart from me having t constantly give 'attack that man' orders) ?

[TAO] Kremator

Is there a reason for the insane amount of performance lost whilst using ACE?

There is a large amount of complex scripting needed for the various ACE features, although the performance loss should be fairly small.

If your PC really does struggle with ACE, maybe turning down CPU intensive video options like viewdistance and object detail can help. In multiplayer the performance loss shouldn't be as bad as the server will be doing most of the CPU intensive stuff, and the other clients run their own scripts.

ACE 1.01 breaks compatibility with ECS (with the Themis XEH addon).

De we need another Themis update for the ACE 1.01 XEH ?

I'd be really happy to have ACE working with ECS again.

Edit: just checked, got it working again if I wrote the previous XEH from ACE 1.00 over the new one.

Will this mean a loss of features from ACE ?

I have a question/feedback. It seems, the AI dont resupply that they have in the backpack after they run out of ammo. Is that a known issue?

So far I just had to tell them to open their gear dialog, and resupply for them. That is when I'm the commander. Havent tried if i was just another man in the squad. Maybe the AI leader will tell them to resupply.

Thanks in advance

At least get rid of the west info. You should only see your sides markers anyway, and if not (i.e. multi side against a common enemy) they should be colorcoded to indicate side.

That being said, I don't use the tracking markers because those missions I play which needs to be distinguished with group markers, they are usually provided in the mission or ment to be updated by hand during very good teamplay and leadership.

@Robalo: I was able to get ECS 'sort of' running with ACE (1.00, never tried with 1.01), but tracers (got a single dot, but no glowing ball) would be gone forever so I abandoned it. Most of what ECS does was turned off since it conflicted with ACE ways of doing things (effects side). I'd like to have some of the ECS AI features back, but I guess it'll just have to wait.

@Sickboy: Roger that, was just curious if invisible targets was being used.

Noticed something about the tanks though. Rotating the turret takes forever pretty much making the tank useless to work with. Is it realistic that the turret takes so long time to do a revolution?