sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

[All in ONE CREATE is Still There!!] for the record so no need to update

thumbs-up.gif Fantastic. Thanks for the info Matt.

Chris the noob lol. Installed on the server in the wrong dir.

Error Report: When we log onto the server we get these errors: I got reasured the server was running the update:

Also we cannot pickup the shotguns out of the ammo creates.

Sounds like the server wasn't updated properly.

The ace_versionSRV variable in 1.00 was a number, in 1.01 it is a string. This should indicate that there is indeed a mismatch with the server.

The same for the medicalholder; it doesn't exist anymore on your client, but it does on the server as it seems.

The AI in SF Hummers still can`t use the mounted guns.

Now it`s worse than before, because the game lags like hell when driving those vehicles. confused_o.gif

Edit:

ArmA lags like hell with A.C.E. 1.01 when i place only one soldier on Rahmdi.

Thats not normal. I tested the same without A.C.E and the problem is gone.

Error Report: When we log onto the server we get these errors: I got reasured the server was running the update:

The ace_versionSRV variable in 1.00 was a number, in 1.01 it is a string. This should indicate that there is indeed a mismatch with the server.

The same for the medicalholder; it doesn't exist anymore on your client, but it does on the server as it seems.

Yeah Chris the noob installed it on the server into the wrong arma dir lol

Good work! I hope you guys continue working on this mod and more talented people join your team.

ArmA 2 is not very far, and ACE could be the "Best of ArmA mods" if other modders join you.

Sorry for the double post but the fourm was giving me an error and didnt tell me there was this page. with my post already on

Yep only thing that doesnt work is the grenades. They wont explode and are giving off really bad flashes to other players knocking them to the ground.

Frag greandes are oki though.

Quote[/b] ]Ace_sys_weaponrest: allows you to rest your weapon against suitable objects (cars, walls) when crouching or standing, resulting in lower recoil and weapon sway. [Q1184]

That caught my eye immediately upon viewing. Can anyone share some more insight in this and how its used? Do you just crouch next to a vehicle or wall and the recoil changes or...?

Quote[/b] ]Ace_sys_weaponrest: allows you to rest your weapon against suitable objects (cars, walls) when crouching or standing, resulting in lower recoil and weapon sway. [Q1184]

That caught my eye immediately upon viewing. Can anyone share some more insight in this and how its used? Do you just crouch next to a vehicle or wall and the recoil changes or...?

missed that one. that's a big feature that's been wanted for OFP then arma since a long time ago.

more details would be good.

Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Ace_Sys_Weaponrest:</span></span> allows you to rest your weapon against suitable objects (cars, walls) when crouching or standing, resulting in lower recoil and weapon sway. [Q1184]

I flippin love you guys  pistols.gif  notworthy.gif

Cheers

Vidz

Make sure to check the Ace_keys.hpp file in the Dta/ACE folder, you can set it up 2 different ways. Default is shift+spacebar, but you can set up it to be just the spacebar. Just walk up to something and press the keys. If you can do it it will say Weapon deployed. If not it will say  "Can not rest weapon here." The recoil is similar to lying on the ground.

Just a personal note, this is one of the best features yet. One of my biggest gripes with the game is that this couldn't be done.

Fantastic work gentlemen. I don't even recognize this game anymore. It was always a great game, but now it's f*$kin' beautiful.

Doh! I keep forgetting to check the key layout file. banghead.gif Thanks for the info Manzilla--much appreciated.

And a big, whoppin' "bravo" to the ACE mod team for an excellent update. Just when you think ACE can't get any better, they surprise us every turn. biggrin_o.gif

Doh! I keep forgetting to check the key layout file.  banghead.gif  Thanks for the info Manzilla--much appreciated.

And a big, whoppin' "bravo" to the ACE mod team for an excellent update. Just when you think ACE can't get any better, they surprise us every turn.  biggrin_o.gif

Of course bud, glad to help.

No doubt. This Mod is unbelievable and just keeps getting better.

The updater isn't working for me, terminates with the error

Quote[/b] ]updater.exe: Couldn't change directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\username\eee"

An "ø" character (o with line inside) of the username got changed into a ">". Same thing with the updater after installing the patch.

I found an strange bug, on the map from the Finish Defence Mod i cannot make M203 Grenades Explode.

They just sit in the ground and do nothing (Yes i know that there must be a difference between me and the fired grenade, but i can fire them on long distance and nothing happen)

Is that an bug of ACE or the Finisch Defence Mod or my fault?

Thx

You know, I used to really want VBS2, now I dont even want it because i got ACE. I love you guys.

wow big patch notworthy.gifyay.gif

M24 sniper has wrong pistol magazine(SD is needed).

Can I make one tiny suggestion.

Fix the SF Skins, some units on there right arm, the US Flag is backwards.

By the way.

It is good too see that the mod is not dead and you are still working on it. As always thx for fixes and wish luck in future releases smile_o.gif

Last night I had my new TOP ArmA/OFP moment being surrounded smack dab in Afghan Village after my Coop buddy left me without overwatch, ACE+VopSound is my new smack...and my gf hates you for it!

This mod is quite the rejuvenation that ArmA really needed. Thanks for the huge effort guys! The @ACE in my shortcut is here to stay!

Btw, is the ai getting the same thorough work over as well? They seem to be the only weak link when used in conjunction this stellar mod. I've been eyeing GL3 but hesitate because of the xeh conflict. Edit: Has anyone tried the two mods together?

Ps. Anyone else getting "melting faces" on the ai?

Oh no! I can't continue any of my missions I've been playing since I patched to v1.01. It says I'm missing a deleted file ace_sys_air.

Super buzz kill since I've been playing these missions little by little over the past few weeks due to time constraints.

No biggie though, this Mod is well worth it.

Thanks for the update ACE team. I see from the progress website that IMWM Huey is going to be added. Thats great news. Just more to love biggrin_o.gif I have ran into a few problems that Im having a hard time figuring out. I was wondering if someone know what I need to do.

1. Is there a way to add the ace flares/countermeasures to the none ace planes? For example the new F15 southy released.

2. Is there a way to turn off the player taking damage when the plane takes damage? Playing a TvT dogfight mission and when one player shoots the other players plane the pilot tends to become unconscious and having to end up playing the mission with the screen going black every few seconds. This happens when the plane gets hit with another planes guns and missles.

nice patch havent tried it yet ,,the sfhumvv in sp ,,does it work,,all i want is a yes or no ,,been asking for ages and no reply.