sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Panda[PL]: how do you disable the scoreboard, I know Zeus mod had it off by default? Well, we usually use board for AAR to discuss situations and evaluate team members (kill ratio).

in your server.armaprofile, under difficulty settings:

DeathMessages=0; //ingame messages off (x was killed by y)

NetStats=0; //scoreboard off

on disconnect or mission end you will see the results anyways

AI doesnt use the MG in the RCWS slot. Only the main gunner shoot at enemies.

Thaught i add it just in case.

All in all this mod is god sent, thanks a bunch again guys! wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex

Does anyone know of a way to disable the stamina system without breaking anything. Is it as simple as renaming/removing ace_sys_stamina.pbo?

Experiment with the following global variables in your mission. What you see below are their default values:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ACE_NoStaminaEffects = false;

ACE_NoHeartbeat = false;

ACE_NoBreathing = false;

ACE_NoBlackout = false;

@ Jan. 09 2009,10:52)]
Quote[/b] ]My friend didnt like the loading screen.
I also don't like it.

I don't like it either. I think it could probably be made it better by applying a bevel effect to the text/logo layer and eliminating the rendered lighting / gradient thing. You could also probably play layer masks and quite easily make it look like 3d thread with the bevel effect.

And the other screens look much better than they did in the betas but I think you could probably achieve a more coherent effect without the same lighting / gradient applied to it. I subtle colour layer might work better, as you aren't adding any suspiciously flat lighting to the photo.

is there not a weapons and mags list for the editor at this time? i'd love to use the scars in sp for my squad.

@ Jan. 09 2009,10:52)]
Quote[/b] ]My friend didnt like the loading screen.
I also don't like it.

I don't like it either.  I think it could probably be made it better by applying a bevel effect to the text/logo layer and eliminating the rendered lighting / gradient thing.  You could also probably play layer masks and quite easily make it look like 3d thread with the bevel effect.

And the other screens look much better than they did in the betas but I think you could probably achieve a more coherent effect without the same lighting / gradient applied to it.  I subtle colour layer might work better, as you aren't adding any suspiciously flat lighting to the photo.

I like the effect on the loading screen, but not the loading graphic itself. I liked the note paper and collage type background behind the menu.

It would cool to see a background change, with screenshots ingame or seomthing like it, with the same effect applied.

Ran into problem with the larger MGs (NSV & M2HB)

Think this only occurs in MP but when you try to "dismount" the gun from the tripod you get a script error. This is followed by a tripod being cloned beside the gun and tripod combination, none can be interacted with in anyway, will try and get a pic or a vid showing this.

Edit after a bit of testing I found the following:

Both NSV & M2HB encounter this problem when the player attempts to remove the gun whilst there is ammunition in it.

I've yet to encounter with the AGS30 under any of the test conditions I used.

Test Environment: Armed Assault V1.14 Patch with Queens Gambit & ACE Mod Beta [No other mod folders were loaded and default directories had no 3rd party modifications in them.]

Conditions Used:

1)All ammunition expended down range, gun removed. - No issues

2)ammunition partly expended, remaining amunition removed, gun removed - no issues

3)amunition partly expended, remaining amunition not removed, gun removed - issues incurred:

M2HB - tripod model/proxy appears next to/overlapping the tripod and gun model. No interaction with aforementioned models is possible.

NSV - tripod model/proxy appears next to/overlapping the tripod and gun model. No interaction with aforementioned models is possible.

AGS30 - no issues

I did not bother testing if this happened if no ammunition had been expended but one would assume the results would be similar, if not the same as condition set 3.

Further proof ACE makes you think about what your doing a bit more :P

Loving the heavier weapons (despite my inability to use the AGS30 to any real effect :P), they've made making small fall back points slightly more secure smile_o.gif

About the medical equipment fix that will come in next release: Note that this behaviour also affects many things that goes into those slots, such as IR Rounds, probably also Flares and M203 ammo. ACE_Map object and the HuntIR Monitor also have this crazy behaviour. Is it possible to set that Medical Equipment "tag" on those items as well, or will it have strange percussions on other things?

Also, it would be nice to be able to pack that HuntIR Monitor.

A really annoying thing happens when you try to put your rucksack filled with things into a vehicle with no cargospace, such as the M113 ambulance. All items will be put separately onto the ground. Would be very nice it the patch fixed this so that the bag and its contents was a single container.

And in the lines of the post abowe, the huntir rounds doesn't seem to be possible to back in the ruck ?

Hi, everybody.

I've been trying to play A.C.E for awhile now and only two servers have let me in..

The other servers keeps telling me that i have missing keys.. and then it shows me the file names in alphabetical order of all the files in the ace addon folder..

I installed via the exe i downloaded from the  -{GOL}- Mirror

Is there a key pack or something i need to install?  huh.gif

Hi, everybody.

I've been trying to play A.C.E for awhile now and only two servers have let me in..

The other servers keeps telling me that i have missing keys.. and then it shows me the file names in alphabetical order of all the files in the ace addon folder..

I installed via the exe i downloaded from the  -{GOL}- Mirror

Is there a key pack or something i need to install?  huh.gif

Maybe you are using some older files that are in the ace directory and that didn't get overwritten by the installer.

If i remember correctly Kelly's Heroes server has a addonsync server that uses my tool.

What you could do is install my tool to see what files are incorrect and remove/update them.

An other option would be to simply remove the ACE folder and re run the ace installer afterwards.

Also make sure you are connecting to a server that uses the default ACE files. (if my tool tells you you have the correct files when comparing to Kellys then your installation is correct, but the server's installation is altered)

The general "error" you are reporting is exactly what my tool is for.

Hi loving ACE.

I still cant get the special forces in the jeep to shoot from the mounted guns.

I've removed Extended Event Handlers from C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns.

Any ideas

Cuppa

Quick question:

I usually make my own shortcut for ArmA (all the extra -profile, etc.) and I added the -mod=beta;@ACE tag. I noticed on the shortcut (Play ArmA (Beta) With ACEMod), it uses the beta .exe but doesn't use the -beta tag. Am I messing with anything important by adding in the beta?

Hi

I have a few issues with the bicycle. GeneralCarver reported in this Domination thread that bicycles can fly if repeatingly bunnyhopping quickly. The action it has it also a bit intrusive, set its autoshow (?) to false where the action is added. Same goes for the IRStrobe. The bunnyhop action should be removed alltogether and combined with the 'j' jump key, using bunnyhop when on a bicycle, or removed if not possible (too many actions already in missions). The height it jumps is also a bit questionable. The bicycle itself has no audio for the "driving", should be some kind of "engine sound". It can climb too steeply imho. Also, the player is not affected by stamina effects. They should be significantly lower than on foot, but slope should matter.

By all means, I love the bicycle. I see it as a transportation means which can actually be stored in a vehicle, with "no engine IR signature" (imaginative of course).

If it is hard to fix all this, at least take away the bunny hop action in the upcoming patch so that mission designers can use it without fear of being exploited too much.

Quick question for any mission makers out there.  Can anyone confirm that the ACE mod overides the following code in a units init field:-

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this disableAI "MOVE"; this setunitPos "UP";

No matter what i do, i cant get units to remain in the up position.  They always want to lie down again, when under fire.  Normally this would be fine, but for units on checkpoints etc i want them to remain in a up position.

Btw, has anyone found a function within ACE to return position with the new grid system? I have several scripts for this but they only deal with the old aann grid system.

Like, (getPos player) pos2grid; returns 101304 instead of Ha45 or whatever. Anyone knows?

I would Check Spon Core / Map. His function does any format afaik.

I checked it.

I seriously tried to understand it.

I failed.

I am now a bald man.

The scripts are just way too complex for me to simply rewrite as a 'simple' function to use in a mission.

My mission is ACE Sahrani only, I can use 'hardcoded' function that only support that island. I will try to look around in other scripts for other islands and look for clues. Thanks for trying anyway.

I hope and wish that you will take away the xbox vanilla "feature" of having the action in the middle of the screen. Hate it. Annoying.

Apart from that, we had the first real MP this night. Thank you ACE-team!! Thank you.

Just noticed something. Are the scopes for the Stryker M2 and RV variants exchanged? I just find it odd that the RV has so little zoom considering its role.

Edit: Typo

Excellent mod.

Just one thing- it seems that certain addons are not showing up on the editior. I tried looking for a solution, but I got lost after 12 pages or so. So, my question is what happened to the addons, where are they, and can I bring them back?

Certian addons that disappeared like crappy zombie mod, is XEH compatible.

I love the features of ACE but would like to try it with the ai of ECS, could someone please explain how I can do this.

I've added the -mod=@ECS to the shortcut, is that it? Or do I need to remove the ai parts of ACE?

Thanks!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=@ACE;@ECS

Or whatever you've called ACE  smile_o.gif

Afaik ECS should be last -so to be called first