sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I noticed that the SF hmmwv's when AI sit behind the MG's in it, they dont use them. Is this on my computer only? Im wondering as there are missions made with them where the AI drive them (Afghan Patrol mission for example).

So i thaught if someone use AI's in the MG slots it maybe works for them but not for me?

Thanks

Alex

Yeah this has been mentioned a bunch of times in the past. I've never tried the SF HMMWV but I'll give it a try this weekend.

Does anyone know if A.C.E is compatible with SPON Map and/or SPON Recognise ?

Might as well answer my own question, in case someone else is looking for the answer.

Yes - SPON Map and SPON Recognise can be combined with ACE without any problems..

Great mod!  thumbs-up.gif

I look forward to future edditions.

I saw in the Wiki that IR cameras are planned for vehicles in future, are ballistic computers planned aswell?  It's annoying to have to aim up in the air to hit distant targets with your tank/chopper.

(Having trouble resisting the urge to use the Stinger after I noticed it one shot kills everything, even the best tank!wink_o.gif.

The first patch to the mod should not be far away. Let's see what it brings.

bugs noticed in MP:

- you can't drag unconsious soldiers (AI) out of water and animation stucks so you have to restart (respawn)

- sometimes screen remains black due to wounds, if you press ESC you can actually see that you can move but as you return from the menu the black screen appears back.

- bicycle bunnyhop is way too high and not dependent of the speed

- some bradleys don't have secondary explosions, they just turn dark

17 screenshots from our ACE MP-Coop test can be found here:

http://www.vojak.si/media/thumbnails.php?album=42

Anyone else getting that many CTDs with ACE?

I would have like 1 ctd every 3-5 missions in the past but now ArmA will crash 5 seconds after I join the server (Tactical Gamer) though I know I played the same mission at the same server with the same ArmA installation days ago.  confused_o.gif

The error message always says something like "error in config file bla not found" and after that ArmA will CTD, it's the same error message you'll get if sb. is placing markers with a addon you don't have installed (but with a different file name)  , I'll try to screenshot the message the next time.

It seems I'm not the only one getting these errors, ingame we once put in a rule that only squad at once resupplies at the ammo crates when we were playing a non-JIP mission, as people thought the ctds were connected to the ammo crates. Well, nobody CTD'd after that, but we just might have been lucky.

Animation bug: I "killed" an east AI driver. He was just out, and when he "woke up" he continued to drive in his dead pose. Looked really bizarre biggrin_o.gif Domination based mission.

I would have like 1 ctd every 3-5 missions in the past but now ArmA will crash 5 seconds after I join the server (Tactical Gamer) though I know I played the same mission at the same server with the same ArmA installation days ago.  confused_o.gif

The error message always says something like "error in config file bla not found" and after that ArmA will CTD, it's the same error message you'll get if sb. is placing markers with a addon you don't have installed (but with a different file name)  , I'll try to screenshot the message the next time.

It seems I'm not the only one getting these errors, ingame we once put in a rule that only squad at once resupplies at the ammo crates when we were playing a non-JIP mission, as people thought the ctds were connected to the ammo crates. Well, nobody CTD'd after that, but we just might have been lucky.

had some ctd's,always around the ammo crates. config/bin/magazines

had some ctd's,always around the ammo crates. config/bin/magazines

If you see the error again please take a screenshot so we can see exactly what it says. Or maybe you can find it in the RPT file at "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA"

Yeah, I got a CTD in my weekly ST session - it's (if I remember correctly) something to do with an incorrect config entry... something related to a silenced 5.45 or 5.56 magazine or something similar? Like an idiot I hit enter though, and then crashed without a screenshot. mad_o.gif

Yeah, I got a CTD in my weekly ST session - it's (if I remember correctly) something to do with an incorrect config entry... something related to a silenced 5.45 or 5.56 magazine or something similar? Like an idiot I hit enter though, and then crashed without a screenshot.  mad_o.gif

Yep that's what I did, but like 4 times.  crazy_o.gif

Error message? Go away, I just want to play.. *CLICK* ...-crash

Ok besides the marker config errors (not caused by ACE but by people using marker addons) I found these in the rpt:

Warning Message: No entry

'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Å¡³'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.D81'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.B_556x45_SD'.

Magazines seem to be casuing loads of crashes and errors.. i think they know about this though, hope they find a fix.

Excellent mod, ACE has gotten me back to ARMA. The only thing that bothers me though is this: The extented engagement distances which are working very well at open field but are completely unrealistic in urban environment since the AI detects opposing forces behind buildings hidden from plain sight. It completely ruins the element of suprise. Is there something that could be done ?

Excellent mod, ACE has gotten me back to ARMA. The only thing that bothers me though is this: The extented engagement distances which are working very well at open field but are completely unrealistic in urban environment since the AI detects opposing forces behind buildings hidden from plain sight. It completely ruins the element of suprise. Is there something that could be done ?

I think this is a important issue and i felt so free to file a bug-report for you in the official forums:

http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=985

It would be nice to post some additional informations about that issue, as well as (if available) some replication steps (test mission in editor maybe).

Thank you.

Well it's really easy to replicate. Just throw some OPFOR groups at a distance which isn't visible from your own group in a town. I used Avgani 1.3 Immediately once the mission begins friendly AI starts calling out hostiles and engages them even though the Human player can't possibly see them. Take a look at the map and you'll see that most of them are behind buildings completely undetectable.

I did some testing with AI groups. I had a couple of squads attack each other and I observed over 300 meters away prone on top of a hill, they still had time to "spot" me and attack me.

There is a problem with AI awareness or there are AI hunter scripts going on.

About 3 weeks after the initial release, we are proud to present Patch 1 to you.

Numerous bug fixes, feature adjustments and additions have made it into this Patch, see the Changelog link below.

Changelog: http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Changelog#v1.01

Next Patch Milestone is set http://www.acemod.net/forums/projectmilestone.php?milestoneid=8

Update - 332MB (already have 1.0 installed)

You can update your Mod by running the included Updater (Windows Start Menu, or @ACE\Tools folder), or by downloading from below mirrors

(In case you update with the updater, if you get a message about sixarma-updater.exe being in use, please close the black dos window, and click Retry)

[*]A.C.E. Home

[*]6thSense.eu

[*]FOW-HQ

[*]GamingSA.com

Full Setup - 648MB (for new/re installers)

[*]A.C.E. Home

[*]6thSense.eu

[*]FOW-HQ

[*]GamingSA.com

fantastic. I just read through the change log- that is one hell of a lot of work. much more than i expected!

Good stuff guys. Thanks.

Was the all in one Weapon crate removed, or did you just add the side specific crates to the existing ones? I'm just curious which crate will appear in place of the original one in the missions I'm currently playing. I'm just trying to figure out if I should finish up the missions I'm playing before I apply the patch. pistols.gif

One suggestion though, you should remove the target date from the milestone. As you guys know well there's a very small minority of community members that like to fling mud if dates are passed or extended. Although it clearly says "target", I'd hate to see you guys get crap for the hard work you all put into this mod.

I'd rather see you guys work at your own pace with out any added pressure from the ungrateful few that have no patience, a time line isn't important to me. Although it seems most aren't around any more.

Just a suggestion.

Good stuff guys. Thanks.

It seems to me that the Weapons crate was split up. Which is too bad, I liked the all in one. No big deal though, I can use two. I'll just have to finish up the missions I'm playing before I apply the patch. pistols.gif

One suggestion though, you should remove the target date from the milestone. As you guys know well there's a very small minority of community members that like to fling mud if dates are passed or extended. Although it clearly says "target", I'd hate to see you guys get crap for the hard work you all put into this mod.

I'd rather see you guys work at your own pace with out any added pressure from the ungrateful few that have no patience, a time line isn't important to me. Although it seems most aren't around any more.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers Mate.

I'll look into hiding the date for the Public smile_o.gif

The date is the internal date of the RC release of the Patch :P

We work on our own pace, don't you worry thumbs-up.gif

Lol looks like no one was downloading from the 6th updater..

I got 80kbs from the ACE one and when i clicked the 6th updated i was getting 1mbs lol. notworthy.gif downloaded within 2 min  tounge2.gif

[All in ONE CREATE is Still There!!] for the record so no need to update