sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I'm calm. It takes much more then that for me to lose my cool. As many on these forums can back up, I don't get in flaming wars nor lose my cool at others.

And here's how to search a thread quickly.

Just above the page numbers at the bottom of the page click on "Print this topic". Next in your browser go to Edit. Then click Find. Then type in a key word.

Tx

biggrin_o.gif

E

Thanks Manzilla. I owe you one. yay.gif

Of course bud, glad to help. Nah no payback necessary, that's not my style. I'm not a religious man but "Do onto others..." is something I live by.  rofl.gif   pistols.gif   yay.gif

And karma scares the hell out of me.  wink_o.gif

Ethne,

My pleasure. smile_o.gif

Stupid Question: But Can you release the M1A2s,Stryker MGS, and the U.S woodland infantry seperatly so players can use them without using ACE.

The last reply kind of answers to this, but is there anyway of getting the old civilian models back to the editor while ACE is running?

Tried to place a field reporter last night to a mission, but they are gone.

well you can do that

just open ace_config_men.pbo and extract it and look for the reporters and add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

scope = public

ace makes all bis stuff hidden so any units mod have to add that line to his/her config

well you can do that

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

scope = public

ace makes all bis stuff hidden so any units mod have to add that line to his/her config

...or you could check ace clientside config file in dta\ace  whistle.gif

The last reply kind of answers to this, but is there anyway of getting the old civilian models back to the editor while ACE is running?

Tried to place a field reporter last night to a mission, but they are gone.

If you navigate to your ArmA installation directory, in the \Dta\ACE folder you will find the file "ace_clientside_config.hpp." Open it and change the Class Hidding section from hidden to visible. I cannot post the string to change in the forum, as the forum truncates the string. It is the ACE SCOPE SHOW BIS hidden string under "ACE MOD" - "Class Hiding"

Note the two underscores before the word "visible" or "hidden"

This will show all default BIS classes.

CarlGustaffa, openend a ticket about a pbo detection to avoid that cheating, since a lot of people read your report here about that cheat and using it (even people on my Forums written me PM about it, how "cool" that "tip" is and that it can't even be detected by "Signature Checking"... icon_rolleyes.gif )

I would love to see you guys vote for that suggestion - importance is obvious

Ticket: http://www.acemod.net/forums/project.php?issueid=1026

well you can do that

scope = public

...or you could check ace clientside config file in dta\ace  whistle.gif

Or he could search the thread and see that this has been answered a few times before. Just do what Q1184 said and you'll see what to do.

Stupid me. It seems that the update overwrites also the client side configuration files. Already set them visible with rc 1.0.

Is there a away to get AI to stay on their feet in very close combat now that setunitpos "up" and "middle" don't work?

Kinda need it for compound fighting placing them on rooftops.

I've just now started using ACE over the past couple of days. Here are a few things. I can stand five feet away from an enemy and it takes at least 4 shots from an M4 to kill him. The latest version of the UH-60 is the M model. I posted all of that information in your forums a very long time ago. I assumed you would want to stay up with the latest and greatest. These aircraft are in service and are in combat already. The latest version of the CH-47 is the F model. It's also already deployed. Nothing personal, but your chinooks look worse than the ones that came with OFP.

ACE had great potential, but is definately a disappointment so far. I was "in the loop" for several months and played beta versions of ACE before its release. I understand the huge amount of work that you guys have put into this project and I certaily appreciate the effort. But someone, somewhere along the line really dropped the ball.

Where are the SEALS, where is ACE Palms EAF, where are all the slat armor strykers Ryujin made?

It's nothing personal guys and thanks for all the time you put in.

Where are the SEALS, where is ACE Palms EAF, where are all the slat armor strykers Ryujin made?

As stated much earlier in the thread more content will be added in future versions. I'm not sure exactly what this will be but I'm assuming more slat variants, SEAL, etc. will come along in future updates.

I completely forgot about those SEAL pics, those will be a nice addition for sure.

For the damage issue you may want to check the bug tracker in the link posted above by mr.g-c. I can't remember if this was added but you may want to bring this up there. I believe it was mentioned earlier in this thread but I can't remember what was discussed.

Quote[/b] ]I can stand five feet away from an enemy and it takes at least 4 shots from an M4 to kill him

Go in difficulty menu and on "arcade Settings" remove the "additional armor". Do the same on your dedicated Server for maximum experience.

Furthermore, examine the guy you shot. It could be possible that he is already bleeding which leads to his death pretty soon (remember some matches in which i had disabled a whole enemy squad with Sniper from 800m+ and then watched for around 5-10minutes how they slowly bleeding to death....

Quote[/b] ]ACE had great potential, but is definately a disappointment so far. I was "in the loop" for several months and played beta versions of ACE before its release. I understand the huge amount of work that you guys have put into this project and I certaily appreciate the effort. But someone, somewhere along the line really dropped the ball.

Reason is hat a mod of that scope is pretty pretty undermanned. Then more and more of the members either left ACE or stopped working for because of private issues - that can always happen!

Come on' you can't demand anything from a non-commercial development team... Have you any clue how many 10.000 of Hours are already in that project by the few Members?

I find you statement a bit to harsh.

Seals would be nice indeed, but ACE Palms can't be delivered when its maker is either not reachable or not active anymore - thought about that?

Slat Strikers are in, as far as i could see.

Also come'on its still beta.

Quote[/b] ]

Furthermore, examine the guy you shot. It could be possible that he is already bleeding which leads to his death pretty soon (remember some matches in which i had disabled a whole enemy squad with Sniper from 800m+ and then watched for around 5-10minutes how they slowly blended to death....

Lets be glad its just a game.

And blended to death, how gruesome, I didn't even know the USMC deployed blenders crazy_o.gif

My favorite setting in the Clientside config: ACE_RADIO_SILENT.

Peace and quiet at last.

Hehe, yeahh indeed....

"blended" well.... I have the bad habit in typing to fast, missing the one or anther letter of mixing some up, etc....

Corrected the above tounge2.gif

Enjoying the mod so far.

Does anyone know how to turn off the default fog/mist? I have checked in the ace_clientside_config.hpp and can't find anything relevant.

Thanks

seals1md3.th.jpg seals2yj7.th.jpg seals3an1.th.jpg

I have to agree, these would be nice to be included in future patches and releases. Even if they are not "todays" Seals. These Seals were fantastic.

I hope everyone sees ACE for what it is, what it stands for, and what it will be: THE unification package that Armed Assault was waiting for. Once all the third party addons are integrated, there should be at most, one other addon needed to be downloaded/loaded in order to get on any server.

The development team from what I can tell, is working (almost feverishly) their butts off despite many bumps in the road - and their doing a fantastic job, I might add.

The latest patch (1.01) fucked this lovely mod up. Now there is a lot of headbugs for ex. when you were hit, some AIs are still shooting even they are dead. Moreover there is some bug pop-ups during missions' start etc.

You guys should focus on the most visible and the most used parts of the game instead of digging in real deep details.

However, ACE is the best mod for ArmA at this time smile_o.gif

I hope everyone sees ACE for what it is, what it stands for, and what it will be: THE unification package that Armed Assault was waiting for. Once all the third party addons are integrated, there should be at most, one other addon needed to be downloaded/loaded in order to get on any server.

Yes - and no.. While many - if not all - of the included gameplay features are top-notch and truly manage to create a new gaming experience, the new models are at times still crude and really don't fit in quality-wise.

In addition, A.C.E. not only changes but removes some of the original game content (and creates a real mess in the editor with all the new classes) - personally (and that means the A.C.E. team is perfectly right in not giving a rat's ass about my opinion) I would be extremely delighted about an "A.C.E. light" that comes without any - or few as possible - of the additional models. Without these the mod could be kept well under 50MB and would still fulfill its purpose of unification.

Unification, well, that is a very subjective point anyways, as ArmA is a game that needs good, preferably even intelligent team mates. At the very least coops can hardly be played with random "PUGs" (if I may borrow that term) - Heck, you can rarely get a good game of "Team Fortress 2" these days without stumbling over people so outrageously stupid, they make you wonder how they possibly manage not to forget breathing. That, of course, might be just my misanthropic nature but I think I speak for more than myself when I say: let the user decide what frosting goes with the A.C.E. cake! :-)

Quote[/b] ]The development team from what I can tell, is working (almost feverishly) their butts off despite many bumps in the road - and their doing a fantastic job, I might add.

Definitely! A.C.E. is ArmA's future no matter what - even ArmA2 might pick up some of those features - it's just amazing what the team did. So, however you decide - we're sticking with you guys, of course! Thanks for everything you've done for this community!

I was hoping to see them in the package as well, spent alot of time fine tunning them but that was over a year ago. If they have no plans on using them then I will get up with Johny and update the gear to modern standards and release a solo package. Nice to see ppl requesting them again. Might make a brief AA return for this.

Ace- Great job on the mod. I love it.

Mission makers- Just use a fix head bug script. You can find them here and at Armaholic.

Those folks sweating the details - Please! Give them a break. Us mod makers have real lives. We do this on a volunteer basis and sink many hours into doing these mods. Nothing is perfect. So what if (a) Chinook helicopter from OFP looks better then the one in the Ace mod. Ever consider someone spent a lot of time on it? You guys should be very thankful we do these things for you.

Keep up the great work Ace mod folks!

maybe ACE has some bugs... well its still a beta and the developers are doing it for free... we have to be patients

The only feature that needs work for improvement to make it fully playable is the iA. Its true that now is betther locating targets. But the problem is that at night they spot you without NVG at more than 140m... totaly cheating...

I think they´re looking for a solution. In ace forums i readed somethigs some weeks ago.

And the other problem for my pc is the lagg, with a amdx2 2ghz 4gb ram DDR2 and nvidia 9600GT...

The frames drop dramatically.

Well it don´t matters, you guys have done a very good job keep pushing.

For me the best mod for arma!!!

I will be waiting for future releases to see your advances

Congratulations for all of you ACE team!!!

regards from spain